News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Relationship Questions

Started by Cody P, January 02, 2008, 01:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~Trina~*

i do forgive you...

all im saying is just dont rush into things because you are tired of being single.  :)
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events.  Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sis

What you need is friends. A group to be with to relax with where someone will find the real you. When you're "looking" you're not being yourself. Join some church ministries.

Everyone I've known who has set out to "find a woman" has failed. It usually happens when you're not looking. When you're acting like your real self and relaxed.

TRAV

Try imitating anyone of these smileys:

:biglaugh: :great: :thumbsup2: :grin: :cool: ;) :freaky2: :hi: :viking: :king: :angel: :party: :afro: :hip: :supercool: :ugly: :guitar:

Each of those smileys represent a personality type - and THEY all have girls who like them, so there must be someone out there for you. Also, start finding good reasons to be single...HEY GUYS! Got any positives about being single? I'll start with one...

1. Being single saves you a lot of money. Your turn...  :thumbsup2:

PROVERBS 3:5,6

*~Trina~*

Quote from: Sis on January 02, 2008, 11:32:33 PM
What you need is friends. A group to be with to relax with where someone will find the real you. When you're "looking" you're not being yourself. Join some church ministries.

Everyone I've known who has set out to "find a woman" has failed. It usually happens when you're not looking. When you're acting like your real self and relaxed.

Amen!!! 
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events.  Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cody P

I know I need to join some ministires however I dont have much time to join any b/c I work alot. and there isnt any in my church.
I Am A Child Of God !

newkris

cheaper to be single, really, trav?  hhhmmm . . . .   :pwink:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

WhySoSerious

Hello I am new here, but i have some advice to give. I too am single I have tried to look for someone always to go away empty handed. However, I took a cna class and I did not go there to look for a date. Coming to the end of the course two of the girls in my class were interested in me and i just being myself and not looking for a girl. Point is as others have stated don't go looking for someone just get out and socialize and met people. I know that sometimes in certian areas there are little to no choices with churches with single people but if you get the chance go to single events and special services and meet people.

WhySoSerious

And also if you wanted to enroll in Bible college in am sure you find a girl there easliy

Cody P

Im going to take some of this advice. However starting bible college would be hard for me b/c of my current job. :offtopic:
I Am A Child Of God !

Sis

Quote from: WhySoSerious on January 03, 2008, 02:24:35 AM
And also if you wanted to enroll in Bible college in am sure you find a girl there easliy

To the nuthouse!
Quote from: upc_guy21 on January 03, 2008, 02:45:24 AM
Im going to take some of this advice. However starting bible college would be hard for me b/c of my current job. :offtopic:

You would give up on school because of your present job? Not a good idea. Get all the education you can. Actually, you should be concentrating on that this time of your life rather than trying to settle down.

Cody P

I know and I have prayed to God about me enrolling in a bible college or any kind of college and I dont feel like thats what God wants me to do right now. :lol:
I Am A Child Of God !

Newsman

Cody,

Being still a huge guy, despite losing weight, and having been a huge guy all my life, I won't lie to you. Being huge won't help a guy with the women.

However, that said, your avatar pic doesn't look like that of a huge guy.

Also, even a huge guy like myself can get dates, and there's nothing that says a big guy can't get a nice/great-looking/whatever the adjective is of the type of woman he is looking for.

At our radio stations Christmas party last month, I had a drop-dead gorgeous And NICE Lady who immediately agreed to go with me to it when I asked her.

Don't be arrogant, but don't count yourself out, either.

Good luck!

John  :waving:

Cody P

Thanks John thats very comforting. May I ask you if your radio station has a website?
I Am A Child Of God !

Backseat Radio

Bible college may not be the place for you but getting some kind of advanced education is always a good idea while your still young.  In reality its preparing yourself to be able to better care for the special lady you seek.

Cody P

I know how to take care of girls. I have dated before just not girls who are apostolic / pentecostal. :pound:
I Am A Child Of God !

Newsman

Cody P

I Am A Child Of God !

Sis

Quote from: upc_guy21 on January 03, 2008, 06:46:03 PM
I know how to take care of girls. I have dated before just not girls who are apostolic / pentecostal. :pound:

She means take care of them by having a good job and keeping the lights, gas and water on.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Sis on January 02, 2008, 09:04:14 PM
I donno. It just seems coming in here looking for women, and going to dating sites sounds desperate to me. Relax. Go out and find a way to meet people in real life.

ummm...  so joining Apostolic Singles Network was a desperate thing for me to do?   :-\

Sis

Quote from: RainbowJingles on January 03, 2008, 10:50:14 PM
Quote from: Sis on January 02, 2008, 09:04:14 PM
I donno. It just seems coming in here looking for women, and going to dating sites sounds desperate to me. Relax. Go out and find a way to meet people in real life.

ummm...  so joining Apostolic Singles Network was a desperate thing for me to do?   :-\

Depends on why one is doing it. If you're just looking for new friends, as most do,  it's fine. But if you're looking to hook up with someone, like a life partner, it looks desperate. And it usually shows by your posts which camp you're coming from.

RainbowJingles

lol  now THAT was a nice political answer fer sher!  lol

Cody P

I dont think there is anything awrong with joining a christian singles website. What would be the differece between joining one of them and going to a singles confrence?
I Am A Child Of God !

zizi90

I believe in spousal predestination! If you pray for it sincerely God will work together your life, and the life of your future spouse, perfectly.

Check back with me in a year or so for the testimony.  :thumbsup2:
www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog

InChristGirl

I for one will be very interested in hearing that testimony ;)

zizi90

Quote from: InChristGirl on January 04, 2008, 02:37:50 AM
I for one will be very interested in hearing that testimony ;)

Oh..I'm sure it's coming along....

:hypocrite: ....course....I never said whether it would be my testimony or not...although that will be coming too.
www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog