Ask someone normal.. makes more sense

Started by Legendary_roxy_girL, November 12, 2007, 07:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B

:thumbsup2: MY

You pretty much reached into my brain and pulled out my thoughts. lol

B

kkay

1. I understand the point that it was just a statement made to be funny and not offensive. That's not what I said. I made the comment that I was somewhat offended by the generality of the statement.

2. I don't have anything else to say. No point of view is ever accepted without complete rebuttal here. I take offense to a lot of things. It's not because of something that has happened in my life or day. It's just the way I think and believe about certain things. *shrug*

Melody

But as Christians we should not be so easily offended if ever.  Something may hurt for a moment, but our confidence in who we are in Him keeps it moving right past us as we keep focused on HIM and not us or those around us.

Elfin

What about Christians who always seem to find themselves being easily offended?  There are some people - and I'm sure we all know them - who are always getting offended by something someone says or does...and it can be multiple people...yet they never look at themselves to wonder if they are behaving and reacting inappropriately...instead of assuming the dozen people they have a grudge against are all in the wrong.

It's really hard to reach out to people like that when there's constant fear of stepping on their toes, even from their own friends.  It is very said, b/c people who are easily offended end up pushing everyone away from themselves eventually and are left with no one, because everyone has been aliented from them due to those offenses that come easily.
~
~~
~~~
Renée

kkay

Honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal to me. I know I probably shouldn't be so easily offended. I was just explaining why that comment offended me.

Y'all can discuss this further if you'd like, but I'm not going to.

And just to let you all know, I don't push people away and I welcome every opinion. I didn't say anything in anger.

Please don't misunderstand me.

Elfin

Girl, I ~so~ wasn't referring to you specifically in that last post.  I was just talking in general b/c this is something that's been on my mind a lot lately. ;)

Sometimes it's good to let out our opinions and discuss when we think others have crossed a line...doesn't mean everyone sees things the same way as us, but it's worth discussing.  But just got to love people after the disagreement and move on.  Not hold grudges.  I think I was talking more about the types of people that hole a grudge due to their many offenses.
~
~~
~~~
Renée

Melody

Quote from: Elfin on November 13, 2007, 08:17:08 PMBut just got to love people after the disagreement and move on. 

You said it Girl!   :great:

Legendary_roxy_girL

KayV Blog" style="border:0

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=

JakeLeonard

I had some, but thanks anyway.....washed it down with a few Pepsis (since I had no Sierra Mist in the fridge back at the apartment)

Legendary_roxy_girL

im guessing there was no Dr. Pepper as well....

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=

JakeLeonard

Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on November 13, 2007, 09:26:37 PM
im guessing there was no Dr. Pepper as well....

Haven't had one in the fridge since March 2007......but had one last back on October 29 at Burger King, where I found an onion ring in my fries

Legendary_roxy_girL

oh NO must burn BK at the stake, "there was an onion ring in my fries!!" RawrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

--did that once, at jack in the box, and got a super size order, and she made sure I watched her put only fries in. haha

yeah im pushy.

Legendary_roxy_girL

I guess this thread did an alright job, had a good run.

:thumbsup2:

JakeLeonard

Legendary_roxy_girL

it was on the second page.. :|

guess not anymore.. so maybe it's not..

kkay

Hm..questions to ask..

Do you like living in California?

Legendary_roxy_girL

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on November 14, 2007, 09:08:45 PM
Hm..questions to ask..

Most of the time, no. I miss MO, and all the friends I made there, and being the districts Photographer :cry2: Was the best 9 months of my life.

JakeLeonard

Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on November 14, 2007, 09:12:22 PM
Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on November 14, 2007, 09:08:45 PM
Hm..questions to ask..

Most of the time, no. I miss MO, and all the friends I made there, and being the districts Photographer :cry2: Was the best 9 months of my life.

Well, we miss ya.....it's not fun having Becca Johnson doing everything now with the pics, since Riley (March) got bored of it too and started jumping on the video cameras along with Ben (Henny).....

Not to mention we probably miss that Cox kid that was at Youth Convention last year (he's living in Louisiana now)

Legendary_roxy_girL

well sis. johnson knows what shes doing too, so it's alright. When we talked we were on the same page.

she wants me to come back next year for camp and maybe YC, but i dunno if I'll be able to, with school in all. But I have to say the best people in the world over there.

JakeLeonard

Yeah, and sometime during YC we need to have a MO Youth Facebook/GP/AYN get-together

Legendary_roxy_girL

B

Using the RGB scale, what is your favorite color? :teeth: Either RGB or hexadecimal values will do. *grin*

B

Legendary_roxy_girL

B

Legendary_roxy_girL