News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask someone normal.. makes more sense

Started by Legendary_roxy_girL, November 12, 2007, 07:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legendary_roxy_girL

KayV Blog" style="border:0

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=

Newsman

Ahh, Lady Roxy!

Dost thou wound me with the preseumption my philosophy and appreciation of art is limited to a Wikpedia-inspired view? Although, truth be knowm, I am both old and old school enough that it would be old hard-copy dictionary and encyclopedia if that were the case!

Although by both personality and education, I am more of a hard and fast facts kind of person than an artist, I do have a few touches of the arts and appreciation for it in my composition.

John  :waving:

Legendary_roxy_girL

you talk too smart for me to understand..

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=

Babs

American Heritage Dictionary: Description of art

NOUN:

1. Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.
         1. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
         2. The study of these activities.
         3. The product of these activities; human works of beauty considered as a group.
   3. High quality of conception or execution, as found in works of beauty; aesthetic value.
   4. A field or category of art, such as music, ballet, or literature.
   5. A nonscientific branch of learning; one of the liberal arts.
         1. A system of principles and methods employed in the performance of a set of activities: the art of building.
         2. A trade or craft that applies such a system of principles and methods: the art of the lexicographer.
         1. Skill that is attained by study, practice, or observation: the art of the baker; the blacksmith's art.
         2. Skill arising from the exercise of intuitive faculties: "Self-criticism is an art not many are qualified to practice" (Joyce Carol Oates).
         1. arts Artful devices, stratagems, and tricks.
         2. Artful contrivance; cunning.
   9. Printing Illustrative material.

:thumbsup2:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Sis

Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on November 12, 2007, 09:17:05 PM
  you talk too smart for me to understand..

All you need to know about Newsman:

QuoteI am more of a hard and fast facts kind of person than an artist

Babs

Quote from: Sis on November 12, 2007, 09:18:54 PM

All you need to know about Newsman:

QuoteI am more of a hard and fast facts kind of person than an artist

and if he cant find facts, he will make some up  :laughhard:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Legendary_roxy_girL

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on November 12, 2007, 09:17:33 PM
American Heritage Dictionary: Description of art

NOUN:

1. Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.
         1. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
         2. The study of these activities.
         3. The product of these activities; human works of beauty considered as a group.
   3. High quality of conception or execution, as found in works of beauty; aesthetic value.
   4. A field or category of art, such as music, ballet, or literature.
   5. A nonscientific branch of learning; one of the liberal arts.
         1. A system of principles and methods employed in the performance of a set of activities: the art of building.
         2. A trade or craft that applies such a system of principles and methods: the art of the lexicographer.
         1. Skill that is attained by study, practice, or observation: the art of the baker; the blacksmith's art.
         2. Skill arising from the exercise of intuitive faculties: "Self-criticism is an art not many are qualified to practice" (Joyce Carol Oates).
         1. arts Artful devices, stratagems, and tricks.
         2. Artful contrivance; cunning.
   9. Printing Illustrative material.

:thumbsup2:

Art is something that is undefined. It's is anything the person feels it is.

so if I say art is tearing a piece of paper a certain way. Then Waa la! it is..

B

They have to put something in the dictionary, though. :teeth: lol

B

Legendary_roxy_girL

I guess I should write my own dictionary 

"Krista's Illiterate World of Definitions"

Sis

Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on November 12, 2007, 09:25:42 PM

Sounds entertaining

kkay

Wow..um..can I ask a question that's not about art? :couch:

Sis

Go for it! The panel is assembled and ready to take questions!   :hypocrite:

kkay

Yay!

Ok..this is very serious..

what do you order when you go to taco bell?

Legendary_roxy_girL

Wait, let me put my cape on and my lucky slippers..

assembled.. okay fire away!

Sis

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on November 12, 2007, 09:29:52 PM
Yay!

Yo quiero taco bell

Legendary_roxy_girL

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on November 12, 2007, 09:29:52 PM
Yay!

depends on what you are hungry for.
Grilled Steak Burrito is my number 1
nacho cheese chalupas are fantastic, but small so order about 3.
Crunch Wraps I hear are tasty.
And if you are simple. Get a soft taco and a hard taco, with mild sauce on the side. :)

Legendary_roxy_girL

Quote from: Sis on November 12, 2007, 09:27:01 PM
Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on November 12, 2007, 09:25:42 PM

Sounds entertaining

well, it is authored by myseld.. of course it's entertaining. :)

Sis

kkay

Sis-ME TOO. I'm craving it.

I usually get a beef and potato burrito. It's nummy.

Melody

I always get the Taco John/Taco Bell mixed up.  But I LOVE the chicken chalupa as my all time favorite and I can never order anything else because it just exceeds the rest of the menu!

kkay

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 12, 2007, 09:35:10 PM
I always get the Taco John/Taco Bell mixed up.  But I LOVE the chicken chalupa as my all time favorite and I can never order anything else because it just exceeds the rest of the menu!

But..but..I like the beef and potato burrito  :cry:

B

JakeLeonard

Quote from: GlassDarkly on November 12, 2007, 09:47:12 PM
Quote from: Legendary_roxy_girL on November 12, 2007, 09:31:54 PM
mild sauce on the side. :)

Fire sauce all the way!!! *grin*

B

You know, for a person with acid reflux (me), that sauce is very WEAK......to some extent, the S&S Pepperchinis (or whatever you wanna call 'em) are 10 times worse.

Sis