News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Double Takes

Started by newkris, July 30, 2007, 02:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newkris

Since photos is about to close, thought I'd go ahead and start the next place to post pics for all the grinners and picers.  So . . .

PIC AWAY YOUSE GUYS!

:hi:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

newkris

Pic from my hotel room in Boston looking at the building across the street.

me proving that i'm there!

some guys skateboarding at the wharf.  what do you suppose Ben Franklin would think if he saw this?

me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

newkris

Boston skyline.  aahhh . . . so lovely!

looking up the airshaft in the lobby of my hotel.  HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

Boston is a city of motion, I decided. There is always someone going somewhere in some manner . . . by boat, by car, by train, by plane . . . it's all right there.  Lovely, absolutely lovely!  Next time I will have more time and not go alone. 
me, too.

Amelia Bedelia

:waving: I'll go with you next time Kris! Just let me know when!!!  :biglaugh:
Great photos! I really like the airshaft and the reflection in the building

The lady I'm staying with through the summer is from Boston - still talks and acts like even though she's lived here the last 40 years or so - I hear tons about the place but I've never been... one day I'll have to get that changed  ;)

newkris

OOohh!!! that's an idea!  trying to convince tina she needs to go, too.  the UPC church in boston, by the way, ROCKS!!  AWESOME people and fellowship! 
me, too.

SippinTea

I wanna go too!!  :clap: Pretty please? Can I tag along with y'all?

I love the boat pic, Kris! Gorgeous! And the one of the skyline--lovely.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Count me in! I wanna go!

I know why Ruby wants to go!  :laughhard: They had a big Tea Party there once!!  :laughhard: :laughhard:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sister_Mom

Quote from: newkris on July 30, 2007, 02:47:59 AM

some guys skateboarding at the wharf.  what do you suppose Ben Franklin would think if he saw this?

Seems that Mr. Franklin was a bit of a creative thinker, I think he'd like it.  :thumbsup2:

Love the reflection pic, our building here at work has reflective windows, but no other tall buildings around so the only thing that shows on the windows is the sky, pretty boring.  And the one of the boats is beautiful, although that one is a little bit like home except I'm sure the fishing there is on a much larger scale and probably cooler weather there. I'm kind of curious about the air shaft in the hotel, is there a purpose behind that? Or is it just because it's neat?
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

Quote from: Mel-Mel on July 30, 2007, 07:03:37 AM
Count me in! I wanna go!

I know why Ruby wants to go!  :laughhard: They had a big Tea Party there once!!  :laughhard: :laughhard:

:laughhard:  :highfive:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

terp

The grace of imperfection...amazing.

JoleneHeather

looks like it was fun NewKris!

heres a few of elijah

and here is one of my mom and one of my dad:

this is a pic from the other night, my girls and I went out to eat after church, and we had to get some pics lol:

one more:

newkris

Quote from: Sister_Mom on July 30, 2007, 01:38:21 PM

Love the reflection pic, our building here at work has reflective windows, but no other tall buildings around so the only thing that shows on the windows is the sky, pretty boring.  And the one of the boats is beautiful, although that one is a little bit like home except I'm sure the fishing there is on a much larger scale and probably cooler weather there. I'm kind of curious about the air shaft in the hotel, is there a purpose behind that? Or is it just because it's neat?

re the airshaft, i think it was for circulation.  i'm not sure how old the building is, but i recall buildings in milwaukee that had airshafts in the middle of them that opened up into the outside at the roof.  perhaps that's what this was and they covered it with a skylight?  it was from the lobby all the way to the roof so . . . i don't know.  i LOVE the way they kept the original stuff and just updated it for convenience without losing the character.  very cool hotel.

cool pics, jo.  as always.  can't believe how big that boy of yours is getting!  how fun he must be!! 
me, too.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: newkris on July 31, 2007, 12:01:47 AM
re the airshaft, i think it was for circulation.  i'm not sure how old the building is, but i recall buildings in milwaukee that had airshafts in the middle of them that opened up into the outside at the roof.  perhaps that's what this was and they covered it with a skylight?  it was from the lobby all the way to the roof so . . . i don't know.  i LOVE the way they kept the original stuff and just updated it for convenience without losing the character.  very cool hote.

Very cool!  :thumbsup2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

JoleneHeather

Quote from: newkris on July 31, 2007, 12:01:47 AM

cool pics, jo.  as always.  can't believe how big that boy of yours is getting!  how fun he must be!! 

yea hes a HOOT.  LOL.  na hes fun sometimes, sometimes hes too big for his britches

Sister_Mom

Quote from: JoleneHeather on July 31, 2007, 01:25:10 AM

yea hes a HOOT.  LOL.  na hes fun sometimes, sometimes hes too big for his britches

All boys are, that's what makes them soooooo adorable.   :grin:

newkris

that's a fact.  big and small.  old and young.  boys are something else!
me, too.

newkris

jo, i also like the pics of you mom and dad.  such real happy expressions.  very, very cool.  i like the character in their faces and the way that you show them.  you are something, girl, you are SOMETHING!
me, too.

Sister_Mom

I noticed that too. The way you truly capture the moments in your people photos almost make one feel like they're right there experiencing the moment and you can actually see their feelings. That is a rare quality.  :thumbsup2:

There used to be a man aroun here that was an amazing nature photographer. He could sit for hours and wait for the perfect moment for a photograph and capture the most unique photos of animals I've seen, other than in National Geographic magazines. He had won many awards, some even national awards. However, his people photos were usually quite dry. People don't tend to act natural and have a hard time relaxing when a camera is around. You seem to bring out their best Jo.  :thumbsup2:

JoleneHeather

awww thanks yall that is a HUGE compliment.  Sometimes its the people.  My friend that i take the most photos off, because she is into photography too, is just infront of the camera so much now that she is WAY more comfortable infront of it.  The other people... hehe... i snap the picture when they tell me NOT too.  hehe.

and when it comes to elijah... he just poses all by himself now.  The top pic of him with his hands on his face, he just sat down like that and told me to take a pic.  haha.

mesipie

girl hes adorable...tooo stinkin cute...im gonna havta come in here more just to see him
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

NessasMama

Anyone up for a new vehicle? ? ? ? ? ? 

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

NessasMama

We went to the International Festival and to the Downeast Heritage Museum today. It's the first time we've been there. They really had some cool stuff.

These are part of their Touch Tank. You're allowed to reach in and touch anything you want, as long as you leave it all in the water. It's salt water.

These are just some random pics from the museum

These are sardine cans. All the different types that have been made in Downeast Maine (YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!)

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

JoleneHeather

some pictures i took today =)

InChristGirl

Quote from: NessasMama on August 05, 2007, 11:17:22 PM
We went to the International Festival and to the Downeast Heritage Museum today. It's the first time we've been there. They really had some cool stuff.

These are part of their Touch Tank. You're allowed to reach in and touch anything you want, as long as you leave it all in the water. It's salt water.

These are just some random pics from the museum

These are sardine cans. All the different types that have been made in Downeast Maine (YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hey! I think I've been there a long time ago with my Grandparents.