News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Double Takes

Started by newkris, July 30, 2007, 02:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NessasMama

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Them are some amazing pictures!!!!!!!  :thumbsup2:
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

mesipie

girl...u r awesome...u should totally sell ur stuff to magazines etc,...and totally charge out tha buttum for professional pics...uve got an eye for em thats for sure
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

mini

The only flying Grumman Wildcat in the United States.

One I took along time ago and saw it come up on my screensaver.  I just like it for some reason:

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

JoleneHeather

i like that last one.  its a great shot.  =)

NessasMama

President Franklin Roosevelts Summer Cottage..............this is my favorite place to escape to in the summertime. It's absolutely gorgeous!!!

Flowers on the front lawn of the cottage.

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

LeahMarie

Awesome pictures, Jo! :thumbsup2:

minnesota- I love those pictures!

NM- those flowers are lovely! ;)
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Envelope

Jolene...........your stuff is SOOOOO amazing!!!  I would give AnYTHING to have HALF of that talent!!!!  How in the world do you do it??  What kind of stuff can I read to help me??  Just curious.........

sharon

JoleneHeather

thank you. 

I don't remember what book it was that helped me the most.... can't remember the name.  But, just start checking out books on photography at your library and practice practice practice.  Also having a GOOD digital camera, or even a good film camera helps alot.

NessasMama

These pics are taken at my boyfriends house. The horse is one he is taken care of. And the house is where he grew up at. I love how the vines have overtaken the top of the house.

Sis

RE: Boston. I used to live there. If you all want to go back or go for the first time, I suggest you contact Elfin. She may point you in some good directions.

Jo, you're getting so good at photography. YOu should enter some contests. Try Parade magazine, too. They have a pic of the week in the Parade part of the Sunday paper. I think they pay $100 if they print it. http://snapshot.parade.com/

Minnie, you should post some more of yours, too. You're getting pretty good yourself. OOPS! Did I say that? HEE HEE

And Nessasmama, you're pretty good, too. I'm so jealous.

JakeLeonard

Quote from: newkris on July 30, 2007, 02:47:59 AM

some guys skateboarding at the wharf.  what do you suppose Ben Franklin would think if he saw this?

I think he'd be stomping mad and trying to drag Paul Revere from the grave and attack those skateboarders, chanting "You're destroying Boston, you idiots!" before breaking the skateboards over their heads

JakeLeonard

Quote from: Sister_Mom on July 30, 2007, 01:38:21 PM

Seems that Mr. Franklin was a bit of a creative thinker, I think he'd like it.  :thumbsup2:

*Buzzer sounds ANNNNNNNNNNNGH!*

Wrong answer

newkris

oh, jake, i have to take mama's side on this issue . . .  i think Ben was rather a radical and would have enjoyed the freedom of expression.

by the way . . . can anyone tell that my camera broke?   :sadbounce:  ought to be getting it replaced some time soon and then i'll take pics of my new fabulous incredible beautiful campus where my brain is being filled with liberal theologies and feminist agendas.  i mean,  . . . where i'm learning theories of english and reflective women.  :pwink: 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

JakeLeonard

Quote from: newkris on October 29, 2007, 03:25:55 AM
oh, jake, i have to take mama's side on this issue . . .  i think Ben was rather a radical and would have enjoyed the freedom of expression.

by the way . . . can anyone tell that my camera broke?   :sadbounce:  ought to be getting it replaced some time soon and then i'll take pics of my new fabulous incredible beautiful campus where my brain is being filled with liberal theologies and feminist agendas.  i mean,  . . . where i'm learning theories of english and reflective women.  :pwink: 

yeah, but I'm glad he isn't still alive to ride one of them.....he was a rather heavyset man

Sister_Mom

Quote from: JakeLeonard on October 29, 2007, 03:27:35 AM
Quote from: newkris on October 29, 2007, 03:25:55 AM

yeah, but I'm glad he isn't still alive to ride one of them.....he was a rather heavyset man

Now that would be a photo worthy of this thread.  Ben Franklin on a skateboard. :laughhard:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

JakeLeonard

Then maybe Abe Lincoln, FDR, Richard Nixon and maybe this goofball of a president we have here.

zizi90

Just got a new camera...Nikon D40, Digital SLR.... I love it.

www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog

Sis

Awsome! More!  Er, please?!?!?!?!

Sister_Mom

Beautiful pics!! We have one of that camera here at work. Funny though, our pics don't turn out that nice.  :-?

Melody is going to loooooove that last one.  Don't be surprised if you see it as her new av. :laughhard:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

Congrats on the new camera, Zizi!  :thumbsup2:

Love that first photo. I'm thinking the lighting may have made it a little tough to get that one. But you captured it with lovely color balance. :great: Nice job!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

zizi90

Quote from: SippinTea on November 01, 2007, 02:32:21 PM
Congrats on the new camera, Zizi!  :thumbsup2:

Love that first photo. I'm thinking the lighting may have made it a little tough to get that one. But you captured it with lovely color balance. :great: Nice job!

:beret:

Thank you! Yes, I think the first was was a little bit off as far as lighting went (over-exposed or something), but I had to take it quick because we were walking through a garden, and they didn't want to wait for me toying around with the camera...LOL.
www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog

MelodyB

Quote from: Sister_Mom on November 01, 2007, 01:38:36 PM

Melody is going to loooooove that last one.  Don't be surprised if you see it as her new av. :laughhard:

:kermit:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sis

Noooo! Leave the glasses for a bit longer.

MelodyB

I am not changing my AV unless I go back to the fingerprint one...Mom THINKS she knows me well enough to know I would change my AV, but she dont...I actually have one picked out for Dec 1st when it gets here. A Christmas one :)

And I also have a plan for the entire year of 2008, if I can keep it going...its silly and just so....ME. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on November 01, 2007, 07:19:19 PM
I am not changing my AV unless I go back to the fingerprint one...Mom THINKS she knows me well enough to know I would change my AV, but she dont...I actually have one picked out for Dec 1st when it gets here. A Christmas one :)

And I also have a plan for the entire year of 2008, if I can keep it going...its silly and just so....ME. :)

Nope. Don't know you at all.  ???