News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Double Takes

Started by newkris, July 30, 2007, 02:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashlee

lol.  I'd rather her send the money than the cheddar. 

Sis

All they had for cheese curds was cheddar. No thanx. Holding out for the white cheese.

almondjoy

Quote from: Sis on September 01, 2008, 05:46:22 AM
All they had for cheese curds was cheddar. No thanx. Holding out for the white cheese.

AHH!  Gotcha.  That's probably why I didn't know about the mozarella curds ;)

Will see if I can find some for ya.

Sis

I should have asked Kris loooong time ago.

almondjoy

Are they white cheddar? or Mozzarella?

iridiscente

lol... Mozzarella is my favorite cheese.

almondjoy

Mine too...especially IF it's fresh :)

Ashlee

Yep.  Fresh from Sonic.  lol

almondjoy

Ashlee

newkris

*smile*  this has evolved into quite the conversation!  i LOVE cheese curds and didn't even know that frying them was something people did except at the fair or at Culver's.  it's like fresh balls of cheese and they do squeak, but it's not strange or anything.  it's like you expect a cracker to crunch, well you expect cheese curds to squeak.  i get them fresh from a cheese factory in thorp sometimes when i go with my kids. 

you know, something about WI cheese you just can't quite get anywhere else.  even just across the border in MN, the cheese isn't quite the same.  i know that CA is actually the largest producer of dairy products, but . . . i don't know . . .maybe it's the way my brain is wired, but i just think it's fresher in WI.

and yes, we will get a pic of aaron and the spoon and the don't climb on the sculptures sign. 

i LOVE downtown and will gladly be the tour guide.  (and on your left is the gold medal flour mill and on your right is st. anthony falls, the only waterfall on the mississippi river.  just beyond is the never ending bridge . . . . this is the mary tyler moore statue which depicts mary's famous hat throwing of the sitcom and here is macy's.  they have a wonderful display for christmas . . . . )

don't even get me started on book stores. 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

almondjoy

SippinTea

Cheese curds are wonderful!

Just thought I'd add my vote. ;)

And Kris, whenever I get around to visiting you, I expect a grand tour of ALL the bookstores in the area. *grin*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Sis

Don't forget Daytons at Christmas. Have you ever been there? The few days after Christmas are the best time. Not so many crowds.  On (I think it's the 8th floor) they choose a story, and you walk on a path through the story. The maniquins are about 3/4 real size. You have different scenes depicting the different parts of the story.

I've seen Several of them. Stories like the Little Shoemaker, Grinch, Mother Goose Stories, etc.  It's awsome and worth it. It's also free. There are at least 20 - 30 scenes, I think.

It's not just for kids. Stevebert and I used to go every year until we moved. I miss that part of the holidays.

iridiscente

Wow, that sounds like a great place to visit!

almondjoy

sunlight

i'm going... :grin: One day soon!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

iridiscente

Take me and Ariel toooo!
Quote from: sunlight on September 02, 2008, 01:49:08 PM
i'm going... :grin: One day soon!
Or we'll take YOU!

Sis

Here are some scenes from the Dayton shows. Pardon quality of the pics they are from my old camera before it died.

Scenes from the Grinch show, The Nutcracker, and Scrooge.

almondjoy

Sis

Well, you need to plan to go to Daytons during the Christmas season. (Daytons is the parent company of Target Stores)

almondjoy

I'm game.  It's just convincing Aaron to go.   :smirk2:

Sis

Ah go without him. Let's all meet at Daytons the day after Christmas.  The next thing to do after the end of the storyland is to go to the floor with the Christmas stuff half price. I THINK that's on the 4th floor. Some awsome stuff.

almondjoy

Shopping the day after Christmas?!?!?!

Only CRAZY people do that! I must be crazy cuz I'm one of em (sometimes) :hypocrite:

Sis

For some reason, it's not a madhouse at Daytons. They're all at Target and Walmart, I guess. There are a few more people than usual, but not nuts.  I guess not too many people go to downtown Minneapolis when they're not working.

Oh, BTW   ~LOCKED~