News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Ask A Grump!

Started by Newsman, June 26, 2007, 12:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babs

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

ok ok ok, i got it now!!

so mr grump, you think sis mom will ever accept one of the applicants?
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Babs

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

BOL!!

Sorry Mom, but I liturally laughed out loud when I read that, and after the morning I have already had, I needed to!

Dear Mr Grump,

My Husband didnt have breakfast ready when I got home today, in fact, he isnt even here, what should I do?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

See, I can be good....

:hypocrite:

SippinTea

Mel, your husband must be out fishing with my husband. When you find them, let me know. ;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Newsman

Sister Mom,

One of two things:

1) If I were of the correct political persuasion (I'm Republican in a heavily democratic region,) I'd run for state rep, or better..one PR guy suggested my name up in Oklahonma City for a Congressional run 7-9 years ago, when it looked like the Republican incumbent wasn't going to run (he must have been looking pretty far downa fairly empty barrel to see me as the candidate.) :)

--------or, in ther alternative, as lawyers like to use the phrase-------

2) At one point in my life, I wanted to get a doctorate in History, specializing in military history, and either teach at a university or work for a  government agency/think tank. My BA had history for a major, with speech and journalism my minors.

John  :waving:

Quote from: Sister_Mom on October 30, 2007, 01:40:21 PM
Ask a Grump!! Ask a Grump!! Ask a Grump!!

Read the title people.  :roll:

Mr Grump, what work could you see yourself doing if you weren't working in the media? In other words, if you could quit your job and do something else that you think you would really enjoy doing for a living, what would that be?

(see how it works folks?  :grin: )

Newsman

Let me say I don't think she'll accept More than one of them!  :thumbsup2:

Umm..right, Sister Mom? Right? Sister Mom...?

John  :waving:

Quote from: Macs Drool on October 30, 2007, 01:41:50 PM

ok ok ok, i got it now!!

Newsman

Trade him in for one that will either fix you breakfast or, in the alternative, take you out to breakfast at your favorite place, as you get off work!

[quote author=MelodyB link=topic=25738.msg658490#msg658490 date=119
Dear Mr Grump,

My Husband didnt have breakfast ready when I got home today, in fact, he isnt even here, what should I do?
[/quote]

Newsman

Wait! If they are out fishing, it's all cool: perhaps they'll bring back some fish for you to clean!   :waving:

After all, as they say, you can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish!  :laughhard:

Quote from: SippinTea on October 30, 2007, 03:14:10 PM
Mel, your husband must be out fishing with my husband. When you find them, let me know. ;)

MelodyB

Quote from: Newsman on October 30, 2007, 03:23:43 PM
     After all, as they say, you can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish!  :laughhard:

*GROAN!*

Quote from: SippinTea on October 30, 2007, 03:14:10 PM

You know, I bet that is where they are!...They are such great friends and all (Or at least they are gonna be ;) )

Did they take Brother Dad with them? I havent seen him around lately either!

Babs

Quote from: MelodyB on October 30, 2007, 08:10:36 PM

no bro dad is out stealing fritos!  :laughhard: :laughhard:

My latest blog post.

JakeLeonard

Mr. Grump,

How you you teach a Grump a bible study?

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Newsman on October 30, 2007, 03:19:10 PM
   Let me say I don't think she'll accept More than one of them!  :thumbsup2:

Umm..right, Sister Mom? Right? Sister Mom...?

Quote from: Macs Drool on October 30, 2007, 01:41:50 PM

ok ok ok, i got it now!!

Of course only one!  :thumbsup2:

Narrowing it down to one won't be too hard, as there will probably only be one Mr. Interested.  :biglaugh:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Macs Drool on October 30, 2007, 08:13:19 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on October 30, 2007, 08:10:36 PM

no bro dad is out stealing fritos!  :laughhard: :laughhard:

You caught on to that one just a little too quick.  :laughhard:

Check out the "I Smile When.... " thread.  :hypocrite:

Sis

Hmmmm. The first gentleman grump I've ever met!   :laughhard:

Tricia Lea

if you recieved a million dollars what would you do?

Newsman

Umm, nothing fancy..pay tithes and give some of it in offering, pay off everything I owe, buy a new pickup and a few necessary things, take a nice but not extravagant vacation driving around the country, then bank/invest the other 93 cents..oops, I mean the rest of the money!  :thumbsup2:

MelodyB

Did you copy my answer?

Thats pretty much the same thing I said. Only, I want an extravagant vacation. :freaky2:

Newsman

I read at least part of someone else's response on this, but I thnk it was Lady Rwooby, as she mentioned a three-month vacation for her folks? was it? However, I didn't consciosly copy anyone.

SippinTea

You plagiarizer, you. :P

Nah, it couldn't have been me... I didn't have anything in my answer about buying a pickup.  :cool:

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

MelodyB

SippinTea

I guess the two nuns are easily confused. ;)

Sis