News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

The Ballad of Evan McNevin starts here, in Sharing 477

Started by mini, January 14, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

And love bugs. Don't forget love bugs.

They were "created" at the University of Florida, to hopefully eat Mosquitos. They don't. They just multiply and float everywhere. We have a whole love bug season here in the south. They are harmless, but also good for NOTHING. Except plastering the front of every moving vehicle.

Love bugs. SMH
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 17, 2013, 05:37:00 PM
Eating Sauerkraut.

Gross.

I'm gonna have a sandwich...or maybe the last of the Taydur Sewp.

Nelle

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 17, 2013, 04:41:51 PM
Quote from: Nelle on January 17, 2013, 04:10:21 PM
I'm trying to think if I know a Mike..

Sounds like you are looking for a nefarious character...

I was trying to help decide whether the "maybe all Mike's are loud" theory was correct or not, but so far - I'm no help in the matter.

Lynx

Harmless?  HARMLESS did you say?!  Those things bite!  They were imported from Asia actually, the asian "Painted Lady" beetle, and they get in my bedroom every winter.  And sneak in under the covers when I'm asleep, and bite me in the armpits.  I have no idea why, maybe they like my deoderant or something. 

The government brought them in to control the aphid problem.  Now guess what kind of problem we have...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Ok...I was a tad wrong. But so were you. They were NOT created at UF to control mosquitoes. That's an urban legend spread by Florida locals. (I am a Florida native and heard it my whole life. And they really don't serve a purpose, except help the rotting of vegetation. (and mess up our cars) But! They also don't bite either. Or eat any insects at all.

http://i.gadling.com/2010/05/28/floridas-love-bugs-fact-or-fiction/

Lynx

I can't help what that website says.  They do bite.  I can find links if you want. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

I guess anything could bite. I've just never been bitten by a love bug.

They are lovers, not biters.

:ugly:

Lynx

Well to be fair to the bugs, it's not really malicious.  More like a taste test.  Then they figure out they don't like how humans taste.  Still leaves a welt though.  Maybe I'm just allergic, maybe it doesn't leave a bump on normal people.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

It's snowing!!!!! I got off work early since me and Jennifer are the only ones who choose to live out in the sticks so we were the first to be let go. It's probably around 3 inches in our yard right now. Brandon couldn't get his Honda up the driveway. I made it up fine but I was in 4wd.

His teeth are giving him an awful fit. His 2 front teeth need to be fixed and capped but he doesn't have insurance. 1 of them has now abcessed and his whole upper lip all the way up to his nose is swollen. He looks like a Who from Whoville. [Think Dr Suess]

If it keeps snowing like this I'll get a 3 day weekend. Ain't no way I'm going in in this mess. Mostly because no one will go to see the vet and I'll be bored  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:waving: Been a busy day. Got to go play with things that go "boom" :fire: then came home. Now I am fixing to enjoy my weekend, which appears to be totally different from the past few days weatherwise. Today it was sunny and 53.....MUCH better than Tuesday's cloudy, ice, sleet and snow with a high of 28.
Quote from: HeatherB on January 17, 2013, 09:24:33 PM
His teeth are giving him an awful fit. His 2 front teeth need to be fixed and capped but he doesn't have insurance. 1 of them has now abcessed and his whole upper lip all the way up to his nose is swollen. He looks like a Who from Whoville. [Think Dr Suess]
Man...I feel for him. Before I had my bad teeth pulled and replaced with fake, I had real problems with that same issue. After reading a couple of horror stories about abscesses, I went and overcame my fear of dentists. It cost the mess outta us, and we really couldn't afford it, but that's one debt I have never regretted. No pain, and I'm not ashamed to smile...I'll say a prayer for him.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mesipie

they dont bite...but melbies right, they def plaster the car, i HATE love bug season!
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

Heather

Our power is trying to go out now. Both of the men are in medicine induced comas and i have no idea where the kerosene heater that used to sit in the laundry room went to. Much less the kerosene. Pretty sure Brandon used it to burn stuff a few weeks ago  :smirk2: So if no one hears from me for a while y'all will know where to find my frozen remains [at least those who received Christmas cards from me.....]  :cool:

Lynx

Quote from: *mesipie* on January 17, 2013, 09:56:13 PM
they dont bite...but melbies right, they def plaster the car, i HATE love bug season!
That's the second one who has mentioned plastering a car.  Are we talking about the same bug?  I've never seen them plaster a car, but I do know they can cover the side of a house, especially if it has white siding. 

For reference I'm talking about the asian painted lady beetle.  Looks like a ladybug at first glance, but when you look closer you can see it ain't quite the same.  (It doesn't act the same either... our home-grown ladybugs are much nicer, much less intrusive.)
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

No, these are black and they usually are in pairs mating when they slam into you car. :eyebrow:

Lynx

Must be why there are so many of them.  I am DEFINITELY staying up here in Tennessee.  All we have to contend with are chiggers and asian beetles. 

I guess it could be worse than even that.  Ever heard of the black flies up in the north?  They do bite, it hurts about like a horsefly bite (from what I hear) and in blackfly season they are terrible. 

Did I ever mention I'm staying in Tennessee?  :D

Blackfly song:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjLBXb1kgMo
Old Canadian folk song about the black flies.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Yes, I was going to point out that you are all talking about two different things.  We have the stupid "ladybugs" up here too.

And I have seen the lovebugs when I was down south. 

I'm wore out.  Wal-Mart was long and drawn out with the boss today, but it was actually productive in the end.... 

But I'm frazzled.

And I've got to call the organ people and have something done to the organ again, it's got tones skipping out on it.....  I've thought for a while that I've noticed something going on.  Pinpointed at least one problem tonight though.  Drives me INSANE when it doesn't do right....  I don't know if it just needs the busrods cleaned or what...but, whatever......

I'm going to bed.  I must work again tomorrow.  Blah.

Roscoe

Morning, all. :hi: Fixin' to take Chey to school. Put on pork chops in a mushroom gravy sauce in the crockpot for tonight. No big plans for the day, for once.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Luckily Brandon had the day off as we are snowed in. I called in but they kinda figured with the weather me nor Jennifer would be in. I feel slightly guilty though as we are gonna try to get my car out of here shortly. We have no caffeine, milk, sugar [to make kool-aid], milk, or really any groceries. We made the last of the spaghetti noodles last night. Plus Brandon has been wearing his last nicoderm patch for 2 days now. He's doing really great with not smoking. It's been 1.5 weeks since his last cigarette but I don't think I can be snowed in with him and him not have ANYTHING. lol.

The Purple Fuzzy

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

Heather

Well I can get the car out of the driveway but I can't get up the road. It's all ice and our driveway comes out on the road mid hill. We're gonna try again in the next hourish. We did get the 1st coat of paint done on our spare room though!

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

Quote from: HeatherB on January 18, 2013, 05:02:17 PM
We did get the 1st coat of paint done on our spare room though!

Doncha mean "Spare Oom"? And DO you have a wardrobe? 'Cause if so, I'm totally coming over today.  :cool:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roxie

Okay so I am not going to go back and read the sharing threads I missed... Probably over 400 of them. LOL

Saying Hi :)
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?