News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Isaac's on another spree - another box of CDs in SHARING 483

Started by Lynx, May 03, 2013, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Howdy y'all. 

Roscoe:  Shoulda charged that craigslister for the gas it took driving out and back.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

WARNING:  Nerd gripe ahead.  If you can't identify with the following gripe you're probably not a nerd.  Be happy about that.

One thing really gets on my nerves is all the bloatware computer manufacturers seem to feel is absolutely necessary to install on a new computer.  Trial offer for Norton or McAfee antivirus, MS Office, NetZero...   Listen, I PAID for this computer.  I didn't get any money for these trial advertisements.  If they are getting paid by the software companies who's trial offers they put on their computers, why is the price of my computer not lower?  I should be getting a rebate to reimburse me for all the time I have to spend uninstalling junk I'll never use, that is slowing down my computer. 

Oh, and if you ever have to reinstall the whole OS, all the bloatware comes right back! Yay!

Removing all the bloatware is almost as much trouble as installing the OS from an OEM disk, then hunting up drivers online and installing them manually.  Almost.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I don't think I'd classify as a nerd, but I agree. They used to put AOL on everything and it would replicate in multiple places, it was hard to get rid of totally.

Lynx

Using "replicate" in a sentence qualifies you as a nerd. Odd though... you seemed normal enough when I met you.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Trust me I wanted to... but after he told me what he'd been through this past week I didn't have the heart to ask. :lol: He'd driven the truck to Little Rock, almost two hours from him, to trade for a Ford Bronco. When he took the Bronco around the block for a test drive, the guy he was planning on trading with drove off in his truck- and didn't come back.  :o Turned out the Bronco wasn't the property of the guy wanting to trade. The cops found the boy's truck another hour past me... :laughhard:
All's good though. We found a one owner  2002 Buick Century with just over 100k miles, immaculate, on a lot in a neighbouring town. I let my inner Jewish heritage out to play, and bargained them down a cool grand from their asking price. Kim now has a beautiful, comfortable "Grandma's car", as Lou calls it, and I am fighting the sin of envy. I'd love to have that for my daily trip to Little Rock. It's Muy comfortable... :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Shew, mercy. 

I'm so behind on here.  It's shameful.  :sulk:  :couch:

I'm eating a bean bowl situation. 

Herded cattle today....well, took a bucket of feed and ran, or briskly walked, up the road to lure them along from down at my sister's to up home here.  It's a tad intimidating when they bear down on you.  :P

Particularly her:

Roscoe

The look she's giving you says to get that camera outta her grill or you will regret it...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Kim

Hello all!  I see Bobby has let everyone know about our little escapades for the last couple of days....Just for the record I want the world to know that I have the most wonderful little brother ever!  I honestly don't know sometimes what I would do without him.  But now he has another problem on his hands, because now when I need the lawnmower,  he has to bring it to me because I no longer have a truck to pull the trailor.  If anybody ever needs a good deal on a car though, just take him with you and let him do the talking.  It has worked perfectly for me on the last two vehicles I have had to buy!!!  Let's all give him a round of applause... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

SippinTea

Isaac - TOTALLY agree with your rant/gripe.

Arabella isn't liking the idea of going to bed tonight. If anyone wants to take a turn holding/rocking her, feel free to come over. :updown:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

That reminds me... maybe you folks will know. 

I'm setting up a computer from fresh-out-of-the-box to everything-you-need, but I'm setting it up for a normal person, not a music nut like me.  What do normal people need? 
I got Firefox browser (totally pwns Internet Explorer) music/video player, antivirus/security, disk burner, picture editor, office suite...  What else?
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

PRAISE REPORT;

When I got to work yesterday morning I got called in the office immediately. I am now Operations Director! I didn't even have to pursue the position.

THANKS JESUS!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Lynx

Congrats!  And don't worry, I won't put it on FaceBook.   :cool:  Ain't got no FaceBook to put it on.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Quote from: taco_harvell on May 25, 2013, 07:31:31 AM
PRAISE REPORT;

When I got to work yesterday morning I got called in the office immediately. I am now Operations Director! I didn't even have to pursue the position.

THANKS JESUS!

That is fantastic!  We're rejoicing with you!  PTL!

Chseeads

SippinTea

Go, Taco!! :clap:

Isaac - something that makes it relatively easy to do simple photo editing/cropping.

Sethers, that's kinda eery. *lol*

Sandra - have a big group coming over? If so, I probably missed the announcement. :updown:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

mini

Since Taco is in charge of Chicken, does he have to change his name?  And hopefully, the chicken joint he works at will take some advice and learn to cook chicken.  :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

SippinTea:  That was the picture editor.  It's simplicity itself.  If you haven't tried Irfanview, try it.  It's free.   :cool:

A more complex one is GIMP, but few people I know need that kind of picture editing.  And the one I do know who needs that already has PhotoShop.  Three guesses who I'm talking about.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Lynx

Neat.  Are you registered there?  They already mentioned Audacity.  Mention to them OpenLP. k3b is also good, and of course Xiphos.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell