News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I like tea with milk or cream. Wish I had some.

I just got back from the store. Gonna have hamburgers in a bit.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Because of the gluten, I can't have pizza.  Every once in a while I do though, knowing it will make me feel yucky later.  And this is pretty much how I am..

MsJennJenn

You can't make gluten free pizza?

This calorie counting I'm on has me craving ifratelli pizza. Oh man. Sigh.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

Yeah, you can. I have a friend who does it. Melodya, you want me to get her recipe(s) for you?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Quote from: kmymbir on October 05, 2012, 08:52:45 PM
I had pizza today for lunch... it was really good.
I also like hot tea with milk, or cream, or honey. I'll drink coffee and tea almost Any way I ocan get it..
How about Mr. I'm-off-for-three-weeks-this-year-due-to-holidays, you come visit Mel and I?!
At work now.. here goes a long night.
We could all meet at Roscoe's and give his local restaurant staff a screaming fit.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Isaac...I have a 2008 HP laptop. Running windows XP media version.

My question for you is, in order to project the video and such onto a normal TV monitor, what kind of cable would I need?

I would look it up myself, but don't have a clue what to look for or how to word it.

Can you tell me?

Heather

Brandon and I had some crappy Little Cesaer's Pizza. We're poor and such. Spent the evening starting to sand walls.

The only thing that got me through today was the knowledge I was getting paid time and a half.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

* Chseeads creeps down the road in the dark and the rain to slash Cheryl's tires.

:hypocrite:

Melody

Quote from: SippinTea on October 05, 2012, 10:08:22 PM
Yeah, you can. I have a friend who does it. Melodya, you want me to get her recipe(s) for you?

I am able to make GF crust.  It's just not that great at ALL.  I can buy GF crust pizza from a few pizza places around here.  Cheapest is $13 for a little personal size one.  I can buy GF pizza crusts in the health food section at a few grocery stores.  They run about $7 each. So, unless I want to go through the trouble, which sometimes it's just a pain, or pay far too much money for so little food, I can't have it.  When Nathan can just go pick up a pizza for them, and I have to make a crust, bake it, put on toppings, bake again, just for me.  Well, I might as well just eat a stinkin' apple.   :smirk2:

SippinTea

Really? Ew. That's a bummer. Hmm... I thought there were better options than that. But you should know that better than me.  :updown:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

There are lots of gluten free foods that are good,  but not bread. Many that are tolerable, but not without work or a pretty penny.

Chseeads

Who needs the crust anyways?  Just make a dish of the toppings, that's the good part.  :P

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on October 06, 2012, 04:34:23 AM
Who needs the crust anyways?  Just make a dish of the toppings, that's the good part.  :P
Best idea I've heard all day.  When do we eat? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on October 06, 2012, 01:30:36 AM
Isaac...I have a 2008 HP laptop. Running windows XP media version.

My question for you is, in order to project the video and such onto a normal TV monitor, what kind of cable would I need?

I would look it up myself, but don't have a clue what to look for or how to word it.

Can you tell me?
A computer from '08 running XP Media Center?  Neat.  Be grateful it's not Vista. 

I'll tell you what you need, but first I'll tell you that you'll hate it.  Standard TV monitors are a much lower resolution than all but the oldest computer screens, so everything will look blurry if resized from your computer output to TV screen.  Of course if you have an HDTV that's a different story.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4779573&CatId=1430

Outputs as standard RCA or S-Video.  Most TVs will take one or both. 
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

* sunlight hugs B!

* sunlight hugs Mel, ruby, mom, heather, Jenn, Melodya, and a few other people...

* sunlight hugs cheese... Twice... :halo:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

I'm going to have to go see if Cheryl is still amongst the living.  She wanted to leave at this time but there has been no sign of her thus far.

Lynx

Make a sound like a camera focusing.  That'll wake her up. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

She shortly thereafter appeared for her farewell and is now on the road again.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Chseeads

My eyes took an itching spell for a little bit last night like crazy....  This morning they were all scummy.  And like puffy underneath a bit.  I couldn't hardly keep from clawing them out last night.  It didn't last long, but long enough.... 

Some kind of allergen apparently, I guess.  It happens every once in a rare while.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 06, 2012, 01:51:55 PM
:sing: On the road again...
On the road always...
Do you folks still remember what she looks like?   :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Aww, sounds like Chel has had an awesome adventure. At some point someone should start a thread about her coming to each of us. 

♪♫ Sometimes you feel like a nut!  Sometimes you.... ♪♫

errr...  Am I the only one that pretty much always feels like a nut? 

Oh and for fun fodder, Costco has "Hemp Hulled Seeds" in bulk.  It says it's a complete protein just like quinoa and easy to add to a bunch of stuff.  They're gluten free.

So I bought some. 

They taste like raw nuts pretty much.  Yummy.

MelodyB