News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Confuse-Us say: He who has dog will get his licks, in Sharing 466

Started by Lynx, July 29, 2012, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Quote from: HeatherB on August 22, 2012, 02:16:11 PM
Awesome post MY!!

Work and I'm going to church tonight. I don't care the funny looks I get! A few weeks ago I dyed my hair :( I should have known the pattern and prayed against it, but anytime I make headway on my spiritual life I always end up lashing out. Generally my victim of choice ends up being my poor hair. I currently don't have the cash to fix it. I pray something IN me changes. I pray God changes my insides so I don't feel the desire to hurt my outsides (hair, tattoos, etc).

If a young person told me that, I would compliment them!  You have just realized the root of what your problem is...next step is when those old feelings start to rise, pray though them!  You can do it!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 22, 2012, 02:25:48 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on August 22, 2012, 02:16:11 PM
Awesome post MY!!

Work and I'm going to church tonight. I don't care the funny looks I get! A few weeks ago I dyed my hair :( I should have known the pattern and prayed against it, but anytime I make headway on my spiritual life I always end up lashing out. Generally my victim of choice ends up being my poor hair. I currently don't have the cash to fix it. I pray something IN me changes. I pray God changes my insides so I don't feel the desire to hurt my outsides (hair, tattoos, etc).

If a young person told me that, I would compliment them!  You have just realized the root of what your problem is...next step is when those old feelings start to rise, pray though them!  You can do it!

Ditto Heather... Amen mini!

The Purple Fuzzy

kmymbir

Meller-
No I do not have another job lined up, I decided to jump out on faith, I'm trying to make my own way by going after money.. God had to remind me to trust him and let Him supply.
It's complicated I guess.
Yes I still live with my parents at this time, but I know God is still going to move me, there was just a few things I had to learn the hard way first lol.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Quote from: kmymbir on August 22, 2012, 05:29:51 PM
Meller-
No I do not have another job lined up, I decided to jump out on faith, I'm trying to make my own way by going after money.. God had to remind me to trust him and let Him supply.
It's complicated I guess.
Yes I still live with my parents at this time, but I know God is still going to move me, there was just a few things I had to learn the hard way first lol.

What an adventure!  God is good.

Lynx

No choice but to post here, the other thread is still locked. 

Ahem!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Post.

Seth is "working". Or what he calls working.

*HUGS* Heather.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I havent seen Chel since December.....

Thanks for the encouragement GPers!!

*HUGS* Mel
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

I haven't seen Chel in hmm...a year? Two? Four? Three thousand and sixty three?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Heather, I was just reading something that I thought might help you:

Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12:9-­‐10 "9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Jesus said to Paul that HIS glorious strength doesn't come into full being unless it has come in contact with weakness. Taking it further, how do you reveal strength without weakness being present in the same moment?

At the gym, we see the strength of the weight lifter because of the weakness of the weight. (It can't lift itself)

We see the power of the wind in the weakness of the leaves. (They can't move themselves)

Therefore, weakness is a vehicle for revelation. The revelation of His strength. Through what the weakness cannot do, His power can be seen!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on August 22, 2012, 06:28:36 PM
Post.

Seth is "working". Or what he calls working.
He's not the only moderator. 

How many pages you wanna get this to before he returns?

You'll have to do it without me though, gotta go to work.  Post post post!
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-