News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Seth Throws Hissies, Too! In Sharing 462!

Started by Newsman, May 01, 2012, 03:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Casting Crowns concert last night.  Royal Tailor was there too.   :smirk2:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Woke up at 5'something to thunder and heavy rain.  Ah, how nice it was. 

Grocery shopping today and then a mtg with other ladies about coupons.  Never been to one before.  I generally don't use coupons as they're usually for overpriced name brand junk food anyway. However, my friend is having an afternoon get together where everyone brings coupons, or even if you don't have any, come and sort through them, take what you want and visit.  So I'm going, if for nothing else, some adult interaction. 

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

Several reasons actually.

1. SO not my style of music. At all.
2. I don't agree with some of the things they do, or the way they act. I think they are a terrible representation of the Apostolic faith. I think it's confusing to those who don't know our faith; or may know about what we do and why we do it, and see RT act differently, but still acknowledge that they are "apostolic".

Just my  :twocents:

I'm very picky about my music; and even more so when they are Apostolic/UPC.  :thumbsup2:
I'm heavily involved in music ministry, and I take it very seriously....and I think a lot of people don't. They think it's a way to express themselves in whatever manner they see fit, without actually listening to the voice of God and following the way his Spirit is moving while they sing/play.

Which also includes the things I listen to myself!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I don't agree with their representation, but I do like their style of music. Most of it anyway.

I used to not listen to anything other than like good choir music and UPC artists. I moved here, and got involved with the Youth, and they listen to RT, and others, and I found myself listening to more of that. I do enjoy it now. But there is still nothing like some good ole fashioned Apostolic choir music where you can have a Jesus party in the car! Lol

Melody

I have no clue about Royal Tailor, I'm not sure I've even heard of them.  But good post Jenn, I agree in a general sense about Apostolic music and in a broader sense, Christian music. 

I can't remember what his name was but a popular classic Christian artist that "came out" just a few years back said we would all be astounded to know how many homosexuals are in the Christian music business.  That they are just biding their time to when they feel they can come out too.  That it was almost common.  Now, I can sense some of that with what I would consider fringe Christian music cause clearly they are not following the Word/God but it still sits in the back of mind today.

Bottom line: whenever someone gets popular with the world, even the "Christian" world that rejects Truth and the real Jesus, they have compromised something. I may enjoy a few songs here and there, but overall, secular Christian music leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I can only handle a short time of Christian radio like K-Love.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 04, 2012, 02:37:01 PM
They think it's a way to express themselves in whatever manner they see fit..
Well for a lot of people in christian music, that's what it actually is. 

Mind you I've never heard the group in question.  But I sure have heard a lot of groups - in all styles - who fit your description.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

I don't listen to a lot of Apostolic/UPC artists. Usually cus their recordings are poor. Drives me crazy lol...and usually cus it's all contemporary...the majority. I don't care much for contemporary/choir music.

I listen to IBC, and The Wilbanks singers in the Apostolic sense. That's about it!

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 04, 2012, 03:11:41 PM
They think it's a way to express themselves in whatever manner they see fit..
Well for a lot of people in christian music, that's what it actually is. 

Mind you I've never heard the group in question.  But I sure have heard a lot of groups - in all styles - who fit your description.

Well I know that's how it is generally. But I think Apostolic's should hold themselves to a higher standard than to just "fit in" with the rest of Christian music.

It's not really about their "style" of music, but the way they act. How they are portrayed.
I have a friend who follows the lead singer of RT on Twitter, and I've read some of his tweets...and their just full of compromise...and that's disheartening to me.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I love the Wilbanks!

And Jenn...I need to send you an EP of James Wilson, he goes to my church. He writes and produces his own music in his home studio, and you cannot tell it wasn't done in a big studio. He did everything himself. Wrote, sang ALL the vocals, played all the instruments, and put it all together on a 5 song EP. It's awesome.

Personally I'm kinda burnt out on his EP, but that's only cause when he released it, we listened to it OVER AND OVER AND OVER...and ran it in the ground. But it really is good. If you don't over listen to it. Lol

MsJennJenn

I love the Wilbanks too - but I know Monica (Wilbanks) Mathews personally and her husband Jason.
Her husband Jason Mathews is my best friend Andrea's husband Keith's brother. lol So Monica and Jason are here all the time.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Several reasons actually.

1. SO not my style of music. At all.
2. I don't agree with some of the things they do, or the way they act. I think they are a terrible representation of the Apostolic faith. I think it's confusing to those who don't know our faith; or may know about what we do and why we do it, and see RT act differently, but still acknowledge that they are "apostolic".

Just my  :twocents:

I'm very picky about my music; and even more so when they are Apostolic/UPC.  :thumbsup2:
I'm heavily involved in music ministry, and I take it very seriously....and I think a lot of people don't. They think it's a way to express themselves in whatever manner they see fit, without actually listening to the voice of God and following the way his Spirit is moving while they sing/play.

Which also includes the things I listen to myself!

That pretty much sums them up.

Dancing, moonwalk, backflip (singular), a watered down message that was designed to skirt the issue of Jesus name...

But, with all that said, I would like to know more of their background.  Were they good solid apostolic kids or some who were definitely on the sidelines?  To me, it seems like they were kids on the sidelines who are doing something they like, and now are giving apostolics a bad name.  But I could be wrong.  Either way, its a bad deal.  But if they were solid at first, this is horrible.

(Modifying to add pictures and some other stuff)

Skinny jeans.  In yellow.  First of all, skinny jeans?  Men, be men.  You look like a idiot wearing skinny jeans.  Then...YELLOW?  I mean, I have yellow shirts, but skinny jeans...in YELLOW?  You look like you are wearing a banana.  :ugly:

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Exactly.

I know where they attend now in Houston. I'm not sure how the church is...but the lead singer is married to the Pastor's daughter. It's not the most strictest of churches from what I know about it though.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Skinny jeans shouldn't be worn by anyone Christian or not...man, boy, girl, woman, child or animal.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

skinny jeans are UGLY.  and it seems more fat people wear them than skinny.  Or else they are just made to make skinny people look fat... LOL

I'm a terrible mother.  For lunch Hannah and I are scarfing down heaps of sugar snap peas... and potato chips.  Oh we prefaced it with dark chocolate. 

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 04, 2012, 06:21:01 PM
skinny jeans are UGLY.  and it seems more fat people wear them than skinny.  Or else they are just made to make skinny people look fat... LOL

Prob both LOL....lordy
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 04, 2012, 06:21:01 PM
I'm a terrible mother.  For lunch Hannah and I are scarfing down heaps of sugar snap peas... and potato chips.  Oh we prefaced it with dark chocolate. 
Sounds great!  I would say it beats my lunch, but I haven't had lunch yet so I don't know.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

I ordered a pizza from iFrattelli...with Italian sausage and basil... :fork:

I'm stuffed.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

kmymbir

Just had my first alka seltzer... I will not be having any more..
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

I like the taste of alka seltzer. I'm weird.

And I just realized that I didn't eat lunch today. I ate toast for breakfast, but didn't eat lunch. Oh well. Dinner is in an hour. Gonna have crockpot pork chops that I found a recipe for on Pinterest. I got mushroom soup and a ranch dressing packet in it. Gonna make broccoli and rice pilaf to go with it. Should be good. :fork:

sunlight

The punctuation of this topic title bugs me... :grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!