News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Seth Throws Hissies, Too! In Sharing 462!

Started by Newsman, May 01, 2012, 03:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

That sounds yummy! I've only had white tea a couple times, but what I've had was pretty good. And green tea... well... blech. :yell: I tried to like it, but couldn't quite succeed. :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

Green tea - real green tea, not that much-processed junk at Wal-Mart - is good with just a touch of honey.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

I don't know how to tell the difference between common green tea & quality green tea.  I think I bought organic from walmart.

MelodyB

It's been a pretty good day of doing little to nothing.

I'm headed for a shower now, and on to church for sign team practice and prayer.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Good to hear Mel.

PTL Taco!  We have a Chick-Fil-A going up near us and Nathan has contemplated going super early on opening day to see if he can be in the first 100 that recieve a year's worth of Chicken. 

Dandelion roots aren't very big.  I got what looks like a cup's worth so whatever I get out of that will be my tester. 

The neighbor came over to see what I was up to digging up dandelions.. lol  We talked about whole foods, hollistic stuff, Hannah's homeschooling, and then she asked where we went to church.  *Insert silent excitement here*  I have prayed for God to open up doors with my neighbors.  I still intend to door knock but don't really want to be disreguarded as the Christian salesman type, I'd rather it happen some more natural way.  She is a "free spirit" and I invited her after sharing a bit about why we chose to go there.  She said she believes in tongues and angels... that could mean a number of things...lol  She's a retired army nurse who is writing a book.  I'm so excited for that conversation. We agreed we should do coffee, possibly dandelion coffee (: soon and exchange recipes. Next month there is a get together scheduled at my house, I think I'll invite her over.

Also, last night, my pastor started a series of Bible lessons on personal spiritual disciplines.  Just that first bit, it moved me so.  My pastor shared how that there are actually some that pray and fast for the purpose of their sermon or lesson being anointed or for there to be a move of God instead of for the purpose to draw near and be with God and those other things simply be the effects.  Lord help those that need a fresh love for Him!  Discipline without Direction becomes Drudgery. 

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 16, 2012, 09:53:13 PM
Good to hear Mel.

PTL Taco!  We have a Chick-Fil-A going up near us and Nathan has contemplated going super early on opening day to see if he can be in the first 100 that recieve a year's worth of Chicken. 

Dandelion roots aren't very big.  I got what looks like a cup's worth so whatever I get out of that will be my tester. 

The neighbor came over to see what I was up to digging up dandelions.. lol  We talked about whole foods, hollistic stuff, Hannah's homeschooling, and then she asked where we went to church.  *Insert silent excitement here*  I have prayed for God to open up doors with my neighbors.  I still intend to door knock but don't really want to be disreguarded as the Christian salesman type, I'd rather it happen some more natural way.  She is a "free spirit" and I invited her after sharing a bit about why we chose to go there.  She said she believes in tongues and angels... that could mean a number of things...lol  She's a retired army nurse who is writing a book.  I'm so excited for that conversation. We agreed we should do coffee, possibly dandelion coffee (: soon and exchange recipes. Next month there is a get together scheduled at my house, I think I'll invite her over.

Also, last night, my pastor started a series of Bible lessons on personal spiritual disciplines.  Just that first bit, it moved me so.  My pastor shared how that there are actually some that pray and fast for the purpose of their sermon or lesson being anointed or for there to be a move of God instead of for the purpose to draw near and be with God and those other things simply be the effects.  Lord help those that need a fresh love for Him!  Discipline without Direction becomes Drudgery.
I see I missed out on Meller's weed today..... :laughhard: And Meller, I suspect I have a few years' supply of dandelion roots for you. They take over my yard...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

I've never heard of dandelion coffee, just dandelion wine.  :smirk2:

:freaky2:

Bad, Bad Leroy Brown played in the Spencer Dollar General this afternoon.....so, guess what I've been singing again now.

:P

Melody

That's what my neighbor said her dad used to make!  lol

Melody

Ruby, have you ever made lavender sugar?  Oh my goodness. ♥

Hannah wanted to make some cut out cookies, and chose shortbread.  I bought some dried food grade lavender last month and have been wanting to make some things with it but hadn't yet.

I came across this on pinterest: http://www.anediblemosaic.com/?p=3530

Lavender Shortbread Cookies

Now, we didn't make those cookies, but the "how to" on lavender sugar and how well it goes with Earl Grey tea is what snagged me.  So I made some lavender sugar this evening and some E.G. tea.  It is good! So inexpensive, so luxurious tasting.  I only used a bit and some of my normal sugar (ecj) and I take cream in my tea. 

I wanted to share with ya!  I don't know how much calmness it can bring being in that tea but fun anyhow.

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Well. I have now corrupted Kimber. She can now chat on the phone for two and three hours at a time without hyperventilating!

I am satisfied.

And my tummy doesn't feel right...could be those 12 jalapeƱos I ate this afternoon...Naaa. :fork: 

taco_harvell

Well haven't slept well tonight even for me. Probably nervousness about training. Blood sugar was in normal range this morning Praise God!

Keep me in prayer today please. Thanks!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Morning peoples!

It's too early to be up with this little of sleep. But it can't be helped now.

:hi:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:  Morning.

Oh, we had a 4.3 earthquake near here last night.

Lynx

Wow, I'm not alone in my lack of sleep.  I'm running on about 4 hours shut-eye myself.  Just couldn't get back to sleep.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

taco_harvell

It felt good to actually go to work again. I actually worked 2 hours and then got about 5 minutes of training. I do know one thing God has brought me a very long way. I climbed a ladder to the roof twice today and not to long ago I would have never been able to do that. God is a good God!! I is tired from that climb though. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Huh... at McDonald's they would have had you on the computer for hours on your first day, watching training videos.  But then, they have "procedure" down to a science.  Take the reg meat out 8 at a time, 4 in each hand, drop it on the grill in this certain pattern (I'm not even being sarcastic, you have to put the meat down two at a time in a specific pattern.)

Glad for you that you're getting to work.  Man needs a job, and not just for the money.  Ya need something to DO.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

MY - No, I haven't. Never heard of such a thing. :)

Mel - You haven't converted ME yet, so :P

Jason - YAY! That's definitely worth celebrating. :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Ruby, my dear sweet Ruby...you HAVE come a long way since we met, you do allow me to call you more frequently without a lot of fuss, and we do get to talk for quite awhile...sometimes over an hour! Lol AND...you have been known lately to actually send the first text!

*sniff* I am so proud of you! ;)

kmymbir

Melb did not mention that the reason she only got a few hours of sleep is because she was keeping me up all night on the phone again lol.
It has become normal for us to talk at least two hours a day, I'm not sure how long it will last, but for now I have even been able to carry the conversation a good bit myself.
Also I text her back at a decent time, unless I fall asleep, which has happened a good bit lately.
I just seem so tired and can not catch up on the rest my body lacks.
It's mostly the stress and the fact that I can not sleep with out dreaming about the same things that are bothering me now.
Oh well that's life....

GUESS WHAT?!?! We start revival tonight and I am very excited about that, no telling what God will do, we have had visitors and people getting baptized back to back!! Great things!!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MsJennJenn

Quote from: kmymbir on May 17, 2012, 07:01:02 PM
I just seem so tired and can not catch up on the rest my body lacks.
It's mostly the stress and the fact that I can not sleep with out dreaming about the same things that are bothering me now.

Lordy this is so me. I cannot seem to catch up on sleep this week. You'd think I'd be wide awake seeing as the semester is over....but I sleep at work, I sleep at home, I sleep at bedtime...and yet I'm still SOO tired.
-Alexander Den Heijer-