News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Seth needs a salad fix in Sharing 446

Started by Lynx, September 05, 2011, 11:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Sounds good! I've been trying to mix it up a bit at breakfast. Some ww p.buttet oatmeal cookies would be a nice change from the piece of toast they usually get with their egg juice/fruit. Though I did make pumpkin muffins today.

Heads to bed inspired. :)

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Went to work, came home.

Went to work, came home.

Oh wait, I already said that. 

From here on out this week is gonna get hectic.  We have a group of hunters holding a tournament in a town near here, some kind of AKC thing or something.  Whoever's dog finds the most wildlife of a certain kind wins.  They're camping out Thursday, Friday and Saturday, they do it every year somewhere around here, and they always want our church to provide food.  Apparently my pastor is every bit as good a cook as we at my church think he is.  So every year we haul the church hot bar to wherever they have set up that year and sell food. 

Thing is, these hunters don't keep normal hours.  They go out hunting at dark.  So we serve supper, maintain a light supper for stragglers and folks hanging around, then serve breakfast about 1am-2am.  As I get off work at midnight, I'm the night shift at the hunt tournament. 

It should be a blast.  Anything we do in my church is great because my pastor, asst. pastor and etc. are a fun bunch to hang out with.  But it's gonna be hectic, I won't have a lot of free time from here on out.

Weeeeeeee!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on September 22, 2011, 02:36:39 AM
Went to James's.  Took a wild hair and went through the old gravel back roads through the woods...it was a very lovely day for a drive....and having rained this week, the road was not dusty...not muddy...so it was very nice....  I didn't know where I was going after a certain length of time....but I knew if I kept veering to the right I'd eventually hit something familiar....lol  Finally emerged in Kurtz. 

When I told Mel-Mel I was going down the gravel back roads, she asked if I was driving Rusty.  :laughhard: 

I thought it was funny.  :P

*cough*

Anyways, piddled around over there, came home.

Gotta tend fowl in a minute.
Cheesy, ole boy, you couldn't handle driving Rusty. :biglaugh: The bliss and peacefulness would drive you even more batty than you already are. And there ain't nothin' like a dirt road to help you get your head on straight.
  And Mel, I thought of you last evening. Our visiting preacher, Bro Lawrence, was from Missippi. He was a couple hours away from you, though, and I don't remember the name of his hometown. He was right on target- Bro Papa's been teaching a series on revival for the past two months. Bro Lawrence didn't have a clue, but opened up teaching on Revival. He did a great job.
I feel much better today, gotta go take Chey to school...Toodles, y'all. :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

It only made sense that you would be driving Rusty if you were headed down a gravel back road to nowhere.

I'm sitting with Olivia today. :) Sweet child. I'm glad she is still a bit too young to understand about the miscarriage. She hasn't mentioned anything about her "brother" lately, and since we have stopped mentioning the baby in front of her, she will soon forget about it. Hopefully. :smirk2:

My left eye is sore and swollen. Puffy and translucent on the bottom eyelid. This isn't the first time this has happened. I went to the hospital the first time when it did this, it was way worse than it is now though. They said it was allergies and didn't even give me anything for it. Just told me to take OTC Beneadryl. (sp?)

Hopefully it's reached it's peak of pain and swollen-ness and won't get worse than it is now. Blah.

I didn't get my job back at the hospital. The whole hospital is on a hiring freeze, and so while they ARE shorthanded, and WANT me to come back, they cannot hire me right now. So double blah.

I think that's it for now. I'll be in and out all day today!

:hi: 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

I am not familiar with a Bro Lawrence. Well, except for our head usher, Bro Lawrence...but he was here last night and doesn't preach...lol

Actually, I'm not too familiar with many preachers/Pastors in this district. I've only lived here almost 3 years, and I have yet to go many places in the state.

Now if it was a Florida preacher...I could prolly tell you his whole family story...I seem to know everyone in Florida!

MelodyB

And BTW...mister Law Enforcement, you can't spell Mississippi.

*cough*

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on September 22, 2011, 12:36:52 PM

*cough*
:pound: It's this ancient steampowered computer I'm reduced to using. I can't see half of what I type and can't figure out how to fix it. :lol: And I DO know how to spell that state- I remember from school-" M-i-crooked letter-crooked letter-i-crooked letter- crooked letter- i-humpback- humpback-i" :laughhard: Besides, ya don't have to spell to enforce the law!  :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

ugh migraine. but as i called in yesterday due to my knee i really have to go to work today. someones gotta pay the bills......

i'm now 2 weeks without a fridge. thankfully dad is letting me borrow his old giant mini fridge that was off one of his trucks. we call it the mountain dew fridge because that's all he keeps in it in my sisters old room.

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

http://xkcd.com/954/

Come on, don't tell me you've never thought about it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Ate cctobt.

Mel-Mel, I wasn't taking a gravel road to no where, i was taking a gravel road to somewhere, thank you.... 

I initially kind of intended to take the gravel road to Houston though....but, I didn't half know where I was going, so I ended up at Kurtz instead.  :smirk2:

:ugly:

Heather

Went to pick up the fridge on my lunch and dad had the wrench size we needed for the car!!! Yippee!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on September 22, 2011, 03:50:16 PM
Ate cctobt.

Mel-Mel, I wasn't taking a gravel road to no where, i was taking a gravel road to somewhere, thank you.... 

I initially kind of intended to take the gravel road to Houston though....but, I didn't half know where I was going, so I ended up at Kurtz instead.  :smirk2:

From yer house to Houston is a LONG trip...specially on gravel roads..
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on September 22, 2011, 12:47:48 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on September 22, 2011, 12:36:52 PM

*cough*
:pound: It's this ancient steampowered computer I'm reduced to using. I can't see half of what I type and can't figure out how to fix it. :lol: And I DO know how to spell that state- I remember from school-" M-i-crooked letter-crooked letter-i-crooked letter- crooked letter- i-humpback- humpback-i" :laughhard: Besides, ya don't have to spell to enforce the law!  :pound:

I remember when I was about 12 it made the news that the State of Mississippi had hung new Welcome to Mississippi signs that were misspelled and was offending people. They could be seen as offensive considering how it sounded from the spelling. lol

You never can joke about Mississippi cause even when it sounds like a joke, you know it probably really happened there. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Quote from: minnesota68 on September 22, 2011, 05:42:57 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on September 22, 2011, 03:50:16 PM
Ate cctobt.

From yer house to Houston is a LONG trip...specially on gravel roads..

Not Houston, Texas, Houston, Indiana....  Which is actually pronounced "house-ton."

IowaSkirtGirl

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Chseeads

w2cch.....  Have to tend the fowl..... It's rainy now though..bleh....

Lynx

Went to work, went to help cook and clean at the hunt tournament, came home... will now promptly proceed to pass out.  Loooooooooooooong day.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Argggh. I'm up-kinda. Moving- kinda. Just one of those mornings.... :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

The church that our friends pastor burned down last night

Chseeads

I just seen that stated on FB....  :(

Never pleasant going through bad things like that....but God may have a plan to bless them double in the end....never know....just gotta have faith and trust Him.

Melody

What happened? How sad.

Nathan's trying to have a yard sale but he's really just get getting little old ladies talking his ears off... LoL

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on September 23, 2011, 04:30:18 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 23, 2011, 07:52:11 AM
I'm a nerd. 

We know.  :P
It can be handy, especially at work.  I'm always coming up with small ways to do the job better and faster.  I ran more than a thousand parts in about an hour last night, where most people don't get near half that because it's not easy to get the parts separated... unless you do what I figured out how to do last night.  I showed the setup guy so he can show other people when he is setting them up on the task.

Nerds rock.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"