News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

One Pink Miata (this time) in Sharing 4-3-9

Started by mini, June 15, 2011, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

I didnt, My beloved King! I honored your wishes!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

And then brutalized me via text message.  Wicked Queen.

MelodyB

I can't help it that you are so sensitive in some areas.

:freaky2:

:queen:

Chseeads

:scowl:

Got an email from the CVS Minute Clinic....one thing on there was a tick preventative article....  Part of it talking about avoiding ticks talks about staying out of the grass, out of the shade, out of wet areas, don't sit on stone walls....basically, just hide and don't go outside. lol...

But then this part about checking yourself for them and what to do if you find them.....

Check for and Remove Ticks

The tick usually must be attached to your skin for at least 24-48 hours for the bacteria to get into your bloodstream. To ensure quick removal of any attached ticks you should:

* Do frequent tick checks, including a naked, full body exam when returning from the outdoors.
    * If you find any ticks, do the following:
          o With fine-point tweezers, grab the tick at the place where it is attached, next to the skin.
          o Gently pull the tick straight out.
          o Save the tick in a small vial and mark the date.
          o Wash your hands and clean the tweezers with alcohol.
          o Report the bite to your doctor.
          o Watch carefully for any signs of Lyme disease, especially a rash at the site of the bite and/or fever; symptoms usually appear within 30 days of the bite.

MelodyB

How long do you save the tick?

I am tick free and headed to bed. I'm sleepy. Really sleepy.

Got Livi again tomorrow, I should have been asleep an hour ago.

Melody

I've always just tweezed them off and lit them on fire.  You can't smash them or drown them.  Fire sanitizes them.  :updown:

Lynx

I've always just torn them in two.  Then they are dead for sure.  Nothing else seems to work - I can mash them and mash them and they keep crawling. 

Slow day today, easy to keep up.  I should have brought a book to read.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

They can grow new bodies. 

Now Seth, don't start feelling itchy.

Chseeads

I've felt itchy for days.  :P

Been going through the incubator.

Then I went out and did a security sweep of the premises.  Hopefully the major predator assault that was going on is over for now, with 3 coons and 1 possum out of the picture within 5 days time, it seems to have slowed down, so hopefully those were the culprits that were coming around.   Obviously, there's plenty more coons and possums in the woods...but hopefully the repeat offenders are all deceased at the moment. 

There does appear to be a herd of cats over on the hill back cattycorner (no pun intended) from the house....  Maybe my sister's cats...I dunno.....  lol

mini

Long busy day today.  Funeral for the lady that passed away.  Not looking forward to it...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Wow. What a LONG NIGHT! I'm not complaining, it wasnt bad, but everytime I woke up, it was like 2, 3, 4...I still had hours left and they seemed to DRAG by!

Headed to the shower and then to go be with my Bug. Gonna be a good day!

**Edited to fix an iPhone autocorrect typo. :roll:

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on June 17, 2011, 12:46:18 PM
Boom shaka laka.

I hope you did a dance when you said that - it only seems fit that you'd do a dance...bahaha...

SO HUNGRY!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

It's amazing how loud silence can be.  The power went off and it woke me up when the air conditioner quit.  I'm running on laptop battery power right now.  Fortunately this laptop has an extended battery.  This kind of derails my plans to finish an audio CD project for a friend though. 

Gone for now, conserving battery.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 17, 2011, 01:58:32 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on June 17, 2011, 12:46:18 PM
Boom shaka laka.

I hope you did a dance when you said that - it only seems fit that you'd do a dance...bahaha...

SO HUNGRY!

I actually didn't at that time.

Lynx

Power came back on before I even shut down.  Back to work. 

Good thing too.  I'm making CDs of a freeware audio Bible for a friend who is a trucker.  CD burning is not easy on the battery.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Sorry for your loss Jeremy.  :-(

Stormy morning. I love thunderstorms.

I started a thread for Adina <a href="http://godplace.com/forum/index.php?topic=32277.msg927864#msg927864">here[/url]  Feel free to contribute!

I wish that smiley was added to GP.

The kids and I are going to make up a Daddy birthing kit for our friend if we can.  It'll be hilarious.  The kids are the inspiration and I'm going to have them write explanations for all the stuff.  Right now they can't decide if the Dad will need a catcher's mitt or a fisher's net. LOL

Nelle

Slept well. Work in an hour and a half. I'm starving tho, so I might be making a lunch stop on my way to work. Coltons sounds goooooooood!!

Chseeads

Taking a break from cleaning out the chicken house.  Bout to go back to it.  I think one more load will finish all the poo.

The Purple Fuzzy

Too bad you didn't get to have a garden.  All that poo would be useful.

MelodyB

I wish we had a ZAXBYS! I need some Zaxbys!

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 17, 2011, 06:00:10 PM
Too bad you didn't get to have a garden.  All that poo would be useful.

I know.  Where I spread the poo over the winter and was going to put a garden, the grass was so tall and thick - greenest grass on the place.  I would've spread this down there in that area, but that's waiting to be cut for hay, so I didn't want to tromp around and throw it all out on that...so just pitched it out in another spot.