News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

One Pink Miata (this time) in Sharing 4-3-9

Started by mini, June 15, 2011, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Newsman

Open for Bob's self-proclaimed? 'Pretty in Pink' Miata thread!

John  :waving:

Roscoe

Awww, come on John, it was all in good fun. If I say I'm sowwy......?  :laughhard: ( even though everything I wrote was true....)
Quote from: Newsman on June 16, 2011, 02:02:56 AM

Too late..you started an investigation on him, and now even your co-conspirators won't back your tales!

John 

Quote from: five-oh on Today at 07:36:32 PM
I just wish it was a "Friend" swap meet- I've got a Wisconsin Yankee and an Alabama Redneck I'd trade for a good, loyal, southern, fishin', huntin' , shootin' friend. For the right Southerner, I *might* be persuaded to throw in an Indiana Feathered Acquaintance.

Anyone interested? 

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 15, 2011, 08:42:34 PM
Hes not here to offend himself either...
And, Mini, ya big ape, no need for me to "offend" myself.... You've done that quite handily.  :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

So I was just out finishing the fowl tending for the evening, and some car comes down the road...radio playing pretty loud and such...it stops kinda down by our mailbox, then backs up into our drive, and pulls across into the turn around area in front of the barn across the road I thought it stopped there, but wasn't totally sure cause I didn't see completely....  I found them creepy and was sort of hiding...lol  But anyways, heard their radio for just a bit, then it stopped...didn't see or hear anything else, went about a bit more fowl tending and checking things out, and then I fanned my flashlight across down that way and saw their taillights reflect, right in front of or almost pulled up into the barn shed down there (not our barn, just to clarify, or I'd have been even more freaked out lol)....  Then in a minute, they turn the car back on, slam it in reverse and back up, then fly up the road like a bat out of Hootieville.  :freaky:

I don't know what they were up to. 

And then the freaky frightened part of me considers all sorts of scenarios....  Like when they first stopped down there...  Are they gonna sneak up here and shoot me!?  Or just shoot me from down there without sneaking up there?  Are they stealing something down there?  (I don't really think there's anything down there to steal in particular.)  Are they dumping something out?  An animal?  And there's this girl that's been missing from Bloomington since like the 3rd of this month, and there is this big search going on and stuff....so I think, Oh my gosh, are they dumping her body!? 

Paranoid, much?  :smirk2: 

So then I got the spotlight and shined down there, but I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. 

:o

Chseeads

Chseeads

Oh, and I also feared vandalism of my Snoozin' Goose Ranch sign. 

Roscoe

Cheese, ya should've snuck down there quietly and shot your shotgun in the air behind the car. It'd have been great fun, and they would never come back to bother you. :laughhard:

Guns tend to make people do weird things.... when Chey was a newborn, we had a neighbor that liked to play music loudly in his truck until 3 and 4 am. We live in the country so there was not a single thing the law could do about it. One night, after Chey and I had been awakened at 2 am to the sounds of pounding bass, I  walked over quietly, walked up to his open window- he was sitting in the truck with his window down- and pointed my 357 at his stereo dash. I then calmly informed him that he'd wakened my newborn for the last time and he could turn it off or I'd blow it out of his dashboard. (When I spoke to him, it was the first knowledge he had of me being near). He turned the radio off. And although I'm sure it was unrelated (yeah, right), the gentleman moved the next week. I've never saw him again, and we've never been awakened by music at 2 am again. :laughhard:

Might not have been 100% legal, but if he'd called the cops, I knew them well, worked with them, and they'd have told him he was lucky I hadn't simply shot the stereo and walked off. I was NOT in the best Christian shape at that time. :laughhard:

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

You and your sign vandals.

\me chews a grape.

Chseeads

But I was afraid of being shot myself.  lol  I've watched too many Criminal Minds episodes in the past....  I was thinking, what if they're coming to shoot me!?  I guess I should run to the house and get the gun first!  lol

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on June 16, 2011, 02:51:05 AM
You and your sign vandals.

\me chews a grape.

Lord, let's not talk about that. lol

* Chseeads throws a grape at Babsiepoo too.

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on June 16, 2011, 02:52:50 AM
But I was afraid of being shot myself.  lol  I've watched too many Criminal Minds episodes in the past....  I was thinking, what if they're coming to shoot me!?  I guess I should run to the house and get the gun first!  lol
That's why I keep a gun nearby at all times- well, all times except those rare occasions that I wonder into the shop to get a gas can...... :smirk2:
Quote from: Babs on June 16, 2011, 02:54:22 AM
thanks sethalicious, i was hungry  :thumbsup2:
Oh, John....... :biglaugh:

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Oh my word Seth.  They were probably doing drugs or looking for a roll in the hay.  Small towns are notorious for meth shacks.

I'm so excited that I have a tomato plant. Thanks everyone for your help!  I really want to have a green thumb.  As a stay at home mom, I need to feel I can contribute somehow.

I'm waiting to hear someone else's accent.  Mel doesn't have much of one unless she's getting tired or being silly.  Jeremy's is pretty fun, I reckon.

MelodyB

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 16, 2011, 03:05:04 AM
Oh my word Seth.  They were probably doing drugs or looking for a roll in the hay.  Small towns are notorious for meth shacks.

I don't know why they picked there to stop, if it was some weird random thing like that....cause while it was dark down there, up here at the house, the outside lights were on, I was out running around with a flashlight, etc...  And over at my uncle's house next door there's a dusk/dawn light in the front yard.....

I don't know what they were doing, but I'd like to know.  lol 

If I hadn't been scared of them, I would've got the spotlight and just shined right down there on them to see what was up.

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on June 16, 2011, 03:10:51 AMGetting tired or being silly? Lol! Nice!

We've had this conversation... you don't sound like a hillbilly. ☺

mini

Quote from: five-oh on June 16, 2011, 02:48:23 AM
Cheese, ya should've snuck down there quietly and shot your shotgun in the air behind the car. It'd have been great fun, and they would never come back to bother you. :laughhard:

Guns tend to make people do weird things.... when Chey was a newborn, we had a neighbor that liked to play music loudly in his truck until 3 and 4 am. We live in the country so there was not a single thing the law could do about it. One night, after Chey and I had been awakened at 2 am to the sounds of pounding bass, I  walked over quietly, walked up to his open window- he was sitting in the truck with his window down- and pointed my 357 at his stereo dash. I then calmly informed him that he'd wakened my newborn for the last time and he could turn it off or I'd blow it out of his dashboard. (When I spoke to him, it was the first knowledge he had of me being near). He turned the radio off. And although I'm sure it was unrelated (yeah, right), the gentleman moved the next week. I've never saw him again, and we've never been awakened by music at 2 am again. :laughhard:

Might not have been 100% legal, but if he'd called the cops, I knew them well, worked with them, and they'd have told him he was lucky I hadn't simply shot the stereo and walked off. I was NOT in the best Christian shape at that time. :laughhard:

On another unrelated note, a terrible odor started emitting from the seat area of that neighbors truck right then and there...

Chseeads