News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

One Pink Miata (this time) in Sharing 4-3-9

Started by mini, June 15, 2011, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: five-oh on June 17, 2011, 09:07:53 PM
Been a good day. Prowled around the swap meet, and my uncle bought a beautiful little '52 Chevy pickup. Man, that thing is nice! Back at home, briefly...... probably gonna wander towards Conway in a bit.

Oh, and just so y'all know one more time.....THE MIATA AIN'T PINK!

:laughhard:

:waving:
Ain't it neat what you can do with PhotoShop's hue slider?  You can even make a pink car look purple.  :D

Or did you use GIMP instead? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Methinks daylight comes at LEAST 2 hours early in Arkansas.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 18, 2011, 06:28:02 AM
Quote from: five-oh on June 17, 2011, 09:07:53 PM
Been a good day. Prowled around the swap meet, and my uncle bought a beautiful little '52 Chevy pickup. Man, that thing is nice! Back at home, briefly...... probably gonna wander towards Conway in a bit.

Oh, and just so y'all know one more time.....THE MIATA AIN'T PINK!

:laughhard:

:waving:
Ain't it neat what you can do with PhotoShop's hue slider?  You can even make a pink car look purple.  :D

Or did you use GIMP instead?
I actually found this pic on a miata website. A guy  :o was showing off his new paint job. That is an untouched, undoctored photo of a car that resides in Kentucky. I'd be ashamed to drive it, but more to the point- I'd be afraid to drive it around here. Be a butt whuppin' a day for a man driving that. :laughhard: I might would make an exception if it had a large v8- it'd be fun to humiliate the local Mustangs in a major chick car. :biglaugh:
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2011, 10:46:59 AM
Methinks daylight comes at LEAST 2 hours early in Arkansas.
Yep. Been doing that alot lately. You ready to peruse piles of junk?
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Oh, and good morning all on GP........ My ultimate goal today is to push Mini into buying something- anything, but preferbly a car or truck- that he doesn't need.  :hypocrite:  Secondary goal is for ME to buy something I don't need.  :laughhard: I will check in on y'all later....... :waving:

Oh, and John- you really should be here......... I'm drinking sodas and eating weird combonations of food like they're going outta style this week... you'd feel right at home. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

My goal is to keep Chelleebelle from bankrupting me.  :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Had a coyote snared this morning....groady.  Nasty ticks on the hideous beast....  Good lands.....

I had 2 more ticks on my person last night.... :reaction:

I'm gonna scream.

I put Wiley...or Wilette I think it was, in a sack (without touching hardly mind you) and put it on the trunk of the car and drove it away.... 

You might be a redneck if....you use the top of the trunk of your Toyota Corolla like the bed of a pickup truck.

Lynx

A true redneck would have the pickup truck instead of the corolla.  We have a coyote that prowls around the back yards right here in town, you can have it too if you want it.  It is making me a bit nervous to ride my bike to work these days. 

Howdy y'all.  Today is my day of rest and I intend to.  Mostly I'll work on music stuff (gonna learn how to play "Say a prayer"... maybe) and maybe clean up a bit around here, maybe not.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Oh yeah, five-oh - using a pic of someone else's miata and claiming your car isn't pink?  You know Newsman and etc. are going to make hay out of that one.  You're going to get a lot of flack on that, probably something like "He's so ashamed of his pink miata that he resorts to posting a pic of someone else's as his" or something.  Just so you know.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Eureka!  :clap:

Bob, I would love to bhe there with y'all, but the wife just refuses to go anywhere with me!
'It was still 91 degrees here in McAlester, a little AFTER 1 A-M this morning!  :nono:

John  :waving:

Lynx

91 after midnight?  Bleh!  I am DEFINITELY staying here in TN. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 18, 2011, 03:39:36 PM
We have a coyote that prowls around the back yards right here in town, you can have it too if you want it.  It is making me a bit nervous to ride my bike to work these days. 

Coyotes do eat cats....watch your back.....

Went to a funeral of a lady from Sanders Church.  Home.  Back in my ragged clothes.

Lynx

Coyote might eat a house cat.  A lynx would give it some trouble though.

I just made some homemade chocolate pudding, experimental batch #37.  Used real butter, twice as much as the recipe thought I should use, some heavy cream in place of part of the milk, and for cocoa I melted in some 85% cocoa chocolate bars.  Came out very good, but I didn't have enough cocoa in it for the size batch I  made so I added some Torani cocoa syrup. 

Now I have eaten too much and I think I'll eat a bit more in a minute, so I'm going to be hyper from the chocolate and stuffy sinuses from the dairy.  Totally worth it.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Our day of EPIC porportions has came to an end. :cry: Speaking only for our end of the last several hours- absolutley, without a doubt, one of the best meet ups of new friends in my life. We met for breakfast, and then Lou and chellebelle took the kiddos and bailed for a day of shopping.
  Mini and I then bailed for Petit Jean, the car show and the scenery. We took a few pics, and I found out the hard way that a trail that I remembered as being somewhat level and short- was not. Last time I had walked it, I was fifteen. Now, 19 years and 60 pounds later, the trail has apparently been a victim of seismic activity and rose several feet, becoming very steep.  :laughhard:
After surviving that, Mini and I cruised the county in Rusty, and  Mini even drove him a bit.
  I'll have to wait until tomorrow at work with fast internet  to post a few of the pics I've got, but trust me when I say that if ever a visit has been of epic porportions- this one was.  :waving:

Lynx

Too much chocolate!  :hyper:

That is all.  Except for a few dents in the walls from me bouncing off them.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

w2cchtfas

James and them were at church.  Hadn't seen them for a long time. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Please tell Chel sorry for the confusion.  I forgot to specify your elder daughter.

And is Sam's Club really worth the membership price?  I've heard good and bad, sometimes from the same person.  We have one around here but I've never been, but I might.  Knowing you folks, if you go it might be worth it.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It just depends on what you buy.  Some things are great and some aren't.

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 19, 2011, 04:06:30 AM
It just depends on what you buy.  Some things are great and some aren't.

Yeah, that.  :smirk2:

Been asleep here for a bit....

Just went out and did a Security Sweep.  Which means prowling around in my pajamas with a light and a gun.  lol  Checking to see if anything is in any of the traps, and scanning the area for any eyes in the night that are attached to a body that needs shot.  :P  There was a deer, and what I think must've been a cat....it was in the tall grass, and I couldn't ever tell for sure, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt that it was just a cat from it's position and such.  :smirk2:

Lynx

*Psalm_97 arches his back and hisses at Seth.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

:yawn:

Hi.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Tarred.

Got home from Roscoes about 10:30.  Was up late studying.  Finally got to bed, then at 4:30 this morning, our neighbors got into a fight.  A loud, expletive laced screaming, hollering, tear out of the house, wake all the neighbors, and then go speeding off in your piece of junk car fight.  We live in a quiet neighborhood, surrounded by older couples.  1 (count it), 1 rent house.  And our neighbor rented it to his daughter.  And it was the daughters family that was having the brawl.

A little bit of advice.  Your point is better made after a fight when 1) you have a car that does not have a 4 or 6 cyl, and not stock exhaust.  You want it to rumble good, not sound like a muffled bumble bee when you tear out of your driveway.  2) When you are mad, thrashing your car to show you are right makes you look more like a idiot. 3) The more cussing you do at 4 in the morning the stupider you look.

Soooo.....I am fueled on coffee this morning.  The poor church that is having me today may get a 4 hour message that makes no sense...or a 15 minute one that makes no sense...either way, I am on par.

Babs

found an old magazine from 1986 that had an article that i thought Melodya would be interested in  :hypocrite:

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.