News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

One Pink Miata (this time) in Sharing 4-3-9

Started by mini, June 15, 2011, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Babs on June 16, 2011, 02:54:22 AM
thanks sethalicious, i was hungry  :thumbsup2:

:gasp:

QFT... just in case John or either of Seth's harem of Queen's missed it...   :hypocrite:

(I think Seth should of picked Rooster as his GP name... lol)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Lynx

I have noticed there are some people who will always assume you are in a bad mood, always assume the worst possible interpretation of anything you might or might not say and if they can't twist something you said or did they will invent something else to be mad about.  I do not understand these people and I can not figure out anything I can do about it, so I try to avoid them as much as possible.  This is hard to do when I have to work with them directly.  :-\

In other news, I've been wearing my new shoes to work for a while now and I still love them.  I wouldn't go back to "normal" shoes if they paid me to wear them.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

I was going to ask what I did (this time) Isaac! :)

John  :waving:

Chseeads

Roscoe

Morning, all. What a wonderful day! Uncle's nearly here from Missouri for our annual "crawl-through-piles-of-rusty-junk-looking-for-a-treasure" day.It's gonna be- dare I say it?- EPIC! LOL. Mel, you get the credit for sticking that word in my brain. I don't think I've every used "epic" before. LOL. I'll be busy, so I won't be checking in here til tonight or maybe even tomorrow. :o Everyone have a great time!  :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Sounds like an episode of Pickers! LOVE that show!

I'm up and over at Livis house today! My sweet baby! Can't wait till she wakes up.

I had crazy dreams about being at Seths house. He was taking me around the property showing me this chicken and that duck and whatever else he had, and resetting traps and finally we went into the house and I passed out asleep on this futon bed thing that was in the living room. When I woke up, Seth was at the table eating a BBP. Then we went back outside and I realized that we were at the UPCI campgrounds in Florida, and I got mad at Seth for not telling me he lived next door to the campgrounds! There is lots more little details and things that I don't quite remember, but it was pretty weird.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Iffn roscoe aint gonna be on here for 2 days, lets make up all kinds of rumors about him...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on June 16, 2011, 12:54:25 PM
Sounds like an episode of Pickers! LOVE that show!

I'm up and over at Livis house today! My sweet baby! Can't wait till she wakes up.

I had crazy dreams about being at Seths house. He was taking me around the property showing me this chicken and that duck and whatever else he had, and resetting traps and finally we went into the house and I passed out asleep on this futon bed thing that was in the living room. When I woke up, Seth was at the table eating a BBP. Then we went back outside and I realized that we were at the UPCI campgrounds in Florida, and I got mad at Seth for not telling me he lived next door to the campgrounds! There is lots more little details and things that I don't quite remember, but it was pretty weird.

:o lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on June 16, 2011, 12:54:25 PM

No need to get mad.  You should've just asked. :P

Went and talked to the lawyer guy.  He's telling dad that what the survey says is right, dad just still doesn't like it.

The remaining issue, is that he says the old legal descriptions are not good, and in order to have a "marketable deed," meaning one that you can transfer to someone in good standing, then the neighbor clan needs to sign a Quit Claim Deed to it so the new specific description can be recorded, or else it can be done without that through a longer and more costly affidavit procedure. 

I understand the concept he's referring to.  On one hand though, I don't really see why that HAS to be, since all the old deeds back to the origination do all agree and state the same thing.  But due to the poor and ambiguous language that's not specific in measurements and points, I see what he's saying.... 

So the surveyor is supposed to be seeing about getting them to sign a Quit Claim....  Don't know if he has talked to them or not....

The other issue with that is that dad doesn't want to pay the surveyor.  :roll:  I went by the surveyor's office, he was out of town for the weekend, but talked to the guy that did the fieldwork here with him, he said he'd leave him a note for him to let the lawyer guy know if he talked to the neighbor clan about the Quit Claim or not....  And I had him let me look in our file, and I got a copy of what my dad keeps harping about having signed as a contract for $1,400, and is mad about because it's a lot more than that after it was all said and done....

Well, what he signed was the project proposal that stated +/- $1,650 as an estimate.  That estimate was based on a simple survey of 5 acres more or less.....  But this ordeal has turned into a drawn out issue of researching and reworking and 13+ acres.  Hence the reason the estimate more than doubled in the final total.  But that's right in the ballpark of the going rate for any survey of this nature.  So I don't know what peace dad will ever come to about that.  He thinks that price is all part of the big conspiracy against him.

Now saying all that, that sounds complicated to follow, but honestly, if you have, know, and see all the pieces of this puzzle, it truly is actually quite simple and the resolution to it all would be very simple if people would just calm down and act like they've got some sense...."people" meaning my dad mainly at this point.  And I don't know what the neighbor clan will say about the Quit Claim issue.  If they were sensible, they should agree to sign one because it's obvious that it's not their's anyways.  But I don't know if they will prefer to be cantankerous about it or not.

The long and the short of it is, this place is ours, period.  There's just some legal paperwork that needs clarification for the record.  (And dad needs to come to terms with the survey fees and such.)

:smirk2:

mini

Sorry you are having to deal with that Seth.   Glad its you though, not me.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: Newsman on June 16, 2011, 05:47:34 AM
I was going to ask what I did (this time) Isaac! :)

John  :waving:
To my knowledge, nothing yet.  I have the bullwhip at the ready though.   :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

I still can't shake this headache and pain from the dental work on Monday. Now, every time I bend over my head begins to throb and I feel like puking. Doesn't seem normal for dental work.

I would also like to point out Five-Oh never denied selling his Bug because it wasn't pink enough.

Mel is dreaming about Seth again....... Oh JOHN!!!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

So dad noticed I had taken the deed & survey papers with me...so he wanted to know what I went and did...and proceeded to have his SAME OLD TIRADE again.....  Good lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He won't believe a surveyor.  He won't believe me.  He won't believe an attorney.  And every one of us has told him and explained the exact same thing. 

He'll fish through the papers, trying to make it say something it doesn't...and I'll TRY to explain it, and he'll seem to calm down about it relatively in the end.

But then later, at an undisclosed time, he'll fire up about it again when something sparks his memory of it and he'll go through the same old thing again like no prior discussions and explanations have ever happened. 

He swears it's a big conspiracy and all this junk.  It's because he has come to hate the neighbors/relatives so bad that he's so mad at them that he just won't face facts and let anything go. 

Good grief.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 16, 2011, 04:35:20 PM
I would also like to point out Five-Oh never denied selling his Bug because it wasn't pink enough.
Ben had a pink VW bug.  Here is a pic from their wedding.

And wants another one, he posted the pic of it today. lol

Chseeads

Well I'm glad nobody shared while I was napping or anything.

Chseeads

I'm glad nobody shared while I was tending fowl and getting ready for church.

Please don't share until I get back from church and tend fowl and such again either.

Thanks.

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Melody

Man, it's quiet here today. 

It's a cool, rainy day today.  Making some hearty potato soup.  Did a short bit of a sewing project with Hannah.  Making a bed cushion for Ollie.  Pretty much a pillow case with his name on it. Fun!

You know what?  I wish someone out of the blue would make me a pie or cake or cookies or something. LOL  I like making that stuff but I wish I didn't always have to be the one to make them.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

* Babs beats yoop with her wooden spoon

Yay pf!

My latest blog post.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Babs

You doubted I could beat you up with my wooden spoon lol

My latest blog post.

Chseeads