News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Ask Melody galore... she's on thread number four!

Started by SippinTea, May 14, 2008, 04:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Ok I will tell it...I promised I would... Haha

Ok...so I was writing a PM to Ruby one morning while I was at work...and I had almost fallen a few mins before, while at work..so I was telling her about it....and then I said...  (Taken from ACTUAL PMs, no edits....)

OH! BTW, something you need to know. If I fall when I am with you in person...I have a few things I request. DO NOT fuss over me....dont try to help me, and dont touch me....I can get very mad, very fast when it comes to that...the best thing you can do, is just walk away and wait for me to get up by myself, and catch up to you. You can laugh at me later, and I will laugh with you, but when it happens just leave me alone and go away. Thats the rule. It may take me a few mins to sit there and figure out if I am ok or not, but I will manage on my own, unless I yell and ask for help, which I have never done as of yet. So yeah, thats the rule. Just follow that and we will be ok.  I know, Im weird like that.  And if you are nearby and someone else tries to help, please shoo them away.

Then I got THIS reply back from her.

The falling thing.... totally understand the 'no fussing' thing. I'd be like that, too. (*sarcastic tone* How surprising!)  But... I'm unlikely to walk away from you. I'm more likely to just stand nearby and wait til you can collect yourself, or else sit down beside you. Scenario: Mel falls, R sits down on the sidewalk beside her, person comes running. Person: You alright? Everything okay? R: (with blank look on her face) Yes. Person: You sure? R: (with a 'duh' look on her face) We're waiting for the bus. Person: (confused) The bus stop is in the next block. R: (making no move to get up) Oh? We must've sat down in the wrong block. Hm. (shrugs) They can pick us up here. Person: I don't think they'll do that. They only pick up at the stops. R smiles an angelic smile and doesn't move. Person waits for more of a response, but doesn't get one, and finally gives up, figuring the two strange women sitting in the middle of the sidewalk must be a little... well... odd. Or crazy. Maybe both. Person walks away.

THAT is why we joke about "Waiting for the bus" THAT is what it means.

:laughhard:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

That seriously gets funnier everytime I read it..... LOL

iridiscente

So, Mel, whose "scruff made you scream enough" with wedding bells as your theme music? :freaky2:
(from Wooby's "Bulletin" in limerick form)

MelodyB

Well...at the time of that writing...there wasnt anyone. And I have since seen a picture that made me swoon, but he was not scruffy in the pic.

:hypocrite:

iridiscente

Hmmm... that's verrrry interesting. There's a certain Laurel and Hardy personifier who's posted some non-scruffy pics recently.  ;)

RainbowJingles

giggles

"OH! BTW, something you need to know. If I fall when I am with you in person...I have a few things I request. DO NOT fuss over me....dont try to help me, and dont touch me....I can get very mad, very fast when it comes to that...the best thing you can do, is just walk away and wait for me to get up by myself, and catch up to you. You can laugh at me later, and I will laugh with you, but when it happens just leave me alone and go away. Thats the rule. It may take me a few mins to sit there and figure out if I am ok or not, but I will manage on my own, unless I yell and ask for help, which I have never done as of yet. So yeah, thats the rule. Just follow that and we will be ok.  I know, Im weird like that.  And if you are nearby and someone else tries to help, please shoo them away. "

Ok, I was at Justin's house one time when she fell and it wasn't pretty. Someone went out to see if she was alright and I think everybody on the block heard her. Step away from Melody and no one gets hurt. :laughhard:

MelodyB

Yup. I broke a teapot that time. Cut my knee up pretty bad, Justin ran out there, busted out laughing and ran back in side...he did exactly what he was supposed to do. I got up, cleaned my wounds, and went about my business.

sunlight

just so you know... if it happens when i am there... i will be breaking your rules for the first about 30 sec or so till i find out that you are ok... It's been ingrained in me to do so... and i agree with my training in this instance! lol, although i do the same thing you do... and want people to ignore it, and most people dont even know if im hurt... but i know for a fact i am not seriously life threatenedly-injured, whereas i woudnt know right off the bat if you were or wernt... lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Well I appreciate it, but, if I require medical assistance, I will let you know...I will say..."Hey Chel!! I need you!!"

*HUG* Thanks

Newsman

Quote from: iridiscente on May 14, 2008, 05:14:30 PM
So, Mel, whose "scruff made you scream enough" with wedding bells as your theme music? :freaky2:
(from Wooby's "Bulletin" in limerick form)

Newsman

Quote from: MelodyB on May 14, 2008, 05:17:58 PM
Well...at the time of that writing...there wasnt anyone. And I have since seen a picture that made me swoon, but he was not scruffy in the pic.

:hypocrite:

MelodyB

sunlight

RainbowJingles

smaft?  Is that anything akin to daft?  :eyebrow:

You're worrying me, Ms. Sunlight.

MelodyB

She will worry you more once you meet IRL.

Daft...that reminds me of a quote from AOGG.

"I was daft when I took you in, its all your doin', none but yours..."

sunlight

* sunlight grins big.... Elona is comin to my house!
scared yet?
:grin:

MelodyB

RainbowJingles

Nope.  Not anymore.  Now I know who your BIL is!  Y'all CAN'T be scary if ya got mixed up with THAT family!

iridiscente

What if he didn't know what all he was getting into?

MelodyB

iridiscente

Quote from: MelodyB on May 16, 2008, 07:49:36 PM
He must not have if he married you. LOL
Well, I'm no prize, but I was very careful not to put on a fake front, like I've seen a lot of people do, the whole time we were dating because I WANTED him to know what he was getting into.

MelodyB

Haha...thats true love right there!

;)

Ok so can we get this thing back on topic?