News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask Melody galore... she's on thread number four!

Started by SippinTea, May 14, 2008, 04:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Quote from: Jaybee on May 18, 2008, 05:26:46 PM
If you could travel anywhere, outside the US, where would you choose and why?

What are your top 5 destinations? And why of course . . .

(sick of the travel questions yet?)

No, Im not sick of the travel questions. ;)

Ummm I think I would LOVE to go back to El Salvador, permently perhaps. Haha

Top five? Hmmmm

CHERRYVILLE, NC. Cause I REALLLY am missing Mom lately. I would love to be able to spend a whole week up there, and not be rushed. That is, if it was ok with them. ;)

OR.... :roll: do I really have to explain THAT one? I wanna meet the family that has so lovingly adopted me, meet baby Abby, and maybe see Ruby while I am there too. ;)

INDIANA!! The whole state!! Make the rounds and see all my buddies I have up there now, and just sight see some more in Indy.

Ummmm Ill have to think about the other two places. ;)

I would rather do a road trip all over the US...in a big motorhome with a few friends. THATS my dream!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

iridiscente

Redneck wedding as in they put up the decorations with duct tape and the bull brought the rings down the aisle in his nose and the rode off on a tractor?  :freaky2:

MelodyB

Not quite...close, but not quite.

Redneck as in I didnt know I was going to a wedding, I just went down there to get something, and they handed me a video camera and told me to tape it. The groom had on jeans and a baseball type hat...it may have said budwieser or something on it. My oldest brother was the best man and he too was wearing a cap, (it was prolly a Bama cap though) and he was wearing jeans. The wedding was in the yard of the grooms mother, out in the woods, with a three legged dog and a bunch of chickens running around. The groom was drinking. NO JOKE. And then we went inside the house, they had some champane, and then an Uncle poured something in the punch. They made a toast, and that was the end of that...they ate leftovers...prolly about 15 people there. It lasted MAYBE 20 mins, start to finish, not even that. Then the grooms mother, me, my SIL my Brother and my Mom all got in a van and went to WM. Then I got sick on the ride into town...about 20 miles. LOL Dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life.

They stayed married about 6 months...if that. Got divorced, married again, divorced again, married again, and then divorced. All to each other. :roll: :roll: They have two children together...and currently they are divorced agian. He has an new GF with another child with her, and I dont know where she is. They are one messed up family...*shakes head* (and sad to say, they are an extention of mine in a round about way...)

On the way to WM when I started getting sick is when we figured out why...my SIL asked me how much punch I had drank, and when I told her, she thought it was really funny...my brother did too...I was not amused. But everyone else got a kick out of it. :roll: 

But that is my extent of drinking. THANK YOU JESUS!!

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: iridiscente on May 19, 2008, 05:33:23 PM
Redneck wedding as in they put up the decorations with duct tape and the bull brought the rings down the aisle in his nose and the rode off on a tractor?  :freaky2:
:pwink: Redneck time out.

*edited to make photo smaller

iridiscente

What do riding bicycles, wearing seven pounds of underwear, and women's liberation have to do with each other? Well, quite a lot, actually. Mental Floss has the scoop: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/14985/2/

MelodyB

Quote from: iridiscente on May 19, 2008, 07:40:51 PM
What do riding bicycles, wearing seven pounds of underwear, and women's liberation have to do with each other? Well, quite a lot, actually. Mental Floss has the scoop: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/14985/2/

A NH.

Ashlee

Quote from: MelodyB on May 17, 2008, 03:12:36 PM
DRAT! You got me! I was gonna say OR! You know me a little too well to just have met me. LOL

No, I dont have any lists, I kinda know where all I have been, I have been through several states of course, but actually VISITED? Ummm (my definition of VISITED is staying at least one night in that state) I have visited, ALA, GA, TN, TX, OH, KY, WV, NC, IN,...and I think that is it. Maybe a few more that I dont remember when I was little and our family went on vacations.

And I have also been to El Salvador and Honduras. 

You know...you could add LA to that list.  You could even stay more than one night.

MelodyB

Yes...I should.

How far are you from Pascagoula MS?

Ashlee

About 5 or 5 1/2 hours.  Depending on how fast you drive.

MelodyB

What about how fast YOU drive? Would you be willing to drive that far to see me? I would be driving almost that far to get to Pascagoula. Maybe we could meet in Slidell. Or Picaune.

Ashlee

Sounds good to me.  We'll have to make it for later in the year though.  Hey, maybe if you go up there for Thanksgiving or Christmas, I could meet you one Saturday and stay the night.  Or any Saturday for that matter.

Just_in

Quote from: MelodyB on May 25, 2008, 05:50:34 AM
What about how fast YOU drive? Would you be willing to drive that far to see me? I would be driving almost that far to get to Pascagoula. Maybe we could meet in Slidell. Or Picaune.

Are you planning on going to see your mother anytime soon???? why so soon? Isn't she coming to your house next week? Isn't this visit good for a while?

~You will never save the world by being like the world~

Ashlee

It's not so much she wants to see her mother, as she is meeting me 1/2 way to see her.  If she didn't we'd never meet up.  lol

Just_in

Quote from: teacheroftheLord on May 25, 2008, 05:59:59 AM
It's not so much she wants to see her mother, as she is meeting me 1/2 way to see her.  If she didn't we'd never meet up.  lol

I know that. to be honest i know the answer to ALL the questions i asked her.

Ashlee

That's what happens when you know someone that well.  It never gets boring though.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Haha...Justin...you crack me up...yes she is coming this week, and yes this visit will do for awhile...and yes I am going up there in Aug for that lovely family renuion that I am SOOO looking forward to. :roll:

And Ash. YES. I am going up there the first weekend in Aug. I was thinking going a day or two early and maybe meeting up with you, perhaps you could come to Pascagoula and stay with us before we have our family thing. ;) You would love my Aunt, she is from LA, and she is an interpreter. Straight english though.

MelodyB

Quote from: teacheroftheLord on May 25, 2008, 06:03:55 AM
That's what happens when you know someone that well.  It never gets boring though.

And sometimes...Justin knows me TOO well :o

Ashlee

Justin has told me about her.  I think anyway.  Or maybe it was you.  That's ok.  I'm English too.  ASL word order is still a mystery to me.  I'm trying though!

On that note....goodnight everyone.  if you have my number, text me.  I'm not yet going to sleep.

SippinTea

Quote from: MelodyB on May 25, 2008, 06:10:09 AM
And sometimes...Justin knows me TOO well :o

Funny. He seemed to know me too well, too. And I'd only known him a couple of days. *grin*

Maybe he's just good like that....

:beret:

MelodyB

Just_in

SippinTea

Noooo... that's a gift God gave to the rest of us. :)

I know I'm pinkwinking Mel's thread, but.... what's goin' on in your world, Justin? Haven't seen much of you lately.

Just_in

Quote from: SippinTea on May 25, 2008, 03:52:39 PM
Noooo... that's a gift God gave to the rest of us. :)

I know I'm pinkwinking Mel's thread, but.... what's goin' on in your world, Justin? Haven't seen much of you lately.

well i guess that a question you will have to go ask me in my thread.

MelodyB