News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask Melody galore... she's on thread number four!

Started by SippinTea, May 14, 2008, 04:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowJingles

With a family like yours, he HAD to have known, and I'm sure it didn't take him long at all, Dina!  lol

Mel: You still got rain on the brain from that brainstorming?  :eyebrow:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

iridiscente

:sing: "Josh-yyyyyyyyyyy the latte boy
bring me java, bring me joy..." :sing:

MelodyB

Jaybee

Out of the states you've visited - which is your favorite?
"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward."

- Kierkegaard

Jaybee

. . . as to avoid annoying you with the edit button. ;)

and why?

- Kierkegaard

MelodyB

Aw man...what a loaded question...I have to say that NC and IN are a close tie. I have had the best memories there, the most fun, and I have the some dear people that I love very much living in both places.

Haha I just saw your *edit* LOL

I think I answered that question already with my first response. LOL

(and thanks for not annoying me with the "edit"

Jaybee

Quote from: MelodyB on May 17, 2008, 03:00:58 PM

(and thanks for not annoying me with the "edit"

;)

How many states have you been to? Do you keep a list of states you have visited/states left to visit?

And finally . . . what state do you MOST want to visit? (other than Oregon)

- Kierkegaard

MelodyB

DRAT! You got me! I was gonna say OR! You know me a little too well to just have met me. LOL

No, I dont have any lists, I kinda know where all I have been, I have been through several states of course, but actually VISITED? Ummm (my definition of VISITED is staying at least one night in that state) I have visited, ALA, GA, TN, TX, OH, KY, WV, NC, IN,...and I think that is it. Maybe a few more that I dont remember when I was little and our family went on vacations.

And I have also been to El Salvador and Honduras. 

iridiscente

Did you meet anyone named Tracy Shaffer in El Salvador? She's a friend of mine who works/ed in Medical Missions. She recently got married, so she has a different last name now and may live somewhere else... just wondered.

Babs

* Mz. Ethyl wonders if MelodyB can guess what she purchased at walmart last night  :freaky2:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

Do you prefer wearing sandals or flip-flops?
What's your take on drinking alcohol?
What should I get Chel for a graduation present?

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Quote from: iridiscente on May 17, 2008, 06:42:52 PM
Did you meet anyone named Tracy Shaffer in El Salvador? She's a friend of mine who works/ed in Medical Missions. She recently got married, so she has a different last name now and may live somewhere else... just wondered.

Ummmm not that I recall. I went in 1999, was she there then? I did meet a woman there who told me that one of my online friends at the time told her to tell me hello, and I come to find out later that Ruby knows the one who sent me the message IRL. :o VERY small world.

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on May 17, 2008, 07:51:42 PM
* Mz. Ethyl wonders if MelodyB can guess what she purchased at walmart last night  :freaky2:

I bet I can!! I was in WM with Jason Thursday night and we were playing in the toy section, and I told him about the blowtorch thing, and he said "Yeah!! Fill it with gas!!" and I said "are you CRAZY? Gas is almost $4 a gallon and you wanna waste it by filling a Super Soaker? Ummm No, lighter fliud honey" He wants to try it now. :freaky2:

Quote from: SippinTea on May 17, 2008, 08:47:37 PM
Do you prefer wearing sandals or flip-flops?
What's your take on drinking alcohol?
What should I get Chel for a graduation present?

:beret:

I prefur flip flops, but I rarely wear them. The last pair of sandals I had, I wore them to the Pastors house one day, and Honor had to practice a song and Emily was being a brat, so Pastors wife told me I could take her down to the pond in the subdivision and feed the ducks with some bread she had. So we did, and it was a LOT further than I thought...I measured it later and it was almost a mile and a half, in the hot sun with those sandals, when I got back to the house, my feet were BLACK and I had blisters on both feet. AGH. When I got home, I threw those sandals away, and the other pair I had just like them in a different color. They were really cute too, but I swore I would NEVER wear them again. And I havent... ;) I would rather wear sneakers or just socks all day.

My take on alcohol? Hmmm I have never had any, (except some spiked punch that I drank 4 glasses of :freaky2: ) and I dont EVER care TO have any. I dont think that Jesus is happy with it, and if He is, I still dont think I want any.

We have already discussed the Graduation present, and I like what you have to give her. ;) And I think she will too.

sunlight

you dont have to get me anything... just having you guys as a friend is a gift enough...
* sunlight hugs mel and ruby tight
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Melody

what's your favorite flavor popcycle?

if you could be talented in any sport, (other than any you already are talented in) which one would it be?

do you own a flip flop mop?

MelodyB

I LOVE the BLUE or GREEN Pop-Ice ones...In fact, I bought a box of them yesterday, and I ate several of them while on the phone today. I cannot STAND the purple ones.

I dont know about the sports...I dont much care for sports, I like to watch, but not really play... I DO love me some basketball, and I am already pretty good at it.

No I dont have one of those. I would break my neck!!

Jaybee

If you could travel anywhere, outside the US, where would you choose and why?

What are your top 5 destinations? And why of course . . .

(sick of the travel questions yet?)

- Kierkegaard

Chas_18

MelodyB

Chas_18

That song makes me wanna shout!!!!!

I LOVE it!!!

ARISE arise ARISE arise

iridiscente

What sort of effect did the 4 glasses of spiked punch have on you?

MelodyB

Haha!! Well...it was at a redneck wedding, and I didnt know they poured the rest of the booze in the punch. I had four little punch sized glasses, and right after that we went to WM and I got car sick for the first and only time in my life. I felt so dizzy and icky that when we got WM, I stayed in the car, I could not move. LOL Then when we got back to the house I took a nap and I was fine...headache, but I was fine. LOL

I was also 14 when this happened.