News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Why Did or Do You Want To Get Married?

Started by Chseeads, April 08, 2008, 10:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

What was/is your reasoning behind your desire to pursue this avenue for your life?  What background led to your formulation of this desire?  Did certain events lead to your choice?  Just whatever factors that led to the decision for yourself if you just simply consider the "why" of it......

? ? ? ? ? ?

sunlight

for the hugs! REG!

just kidding. I honestly dont think it would matter that much to me if i got married or not. (although i do act differently sometimes... like when im not thinking straight...)

:addnothing:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

This topic does actually have to do with somewhat of a deep philosophical discussion I'm having with someone, btw....

sunlight

hmm... sounds interesting. There could be some good posts here.

Amelia Bedelia

Companionship
Unity
Love
Support
Strength in numbers  :)

I want someone to experience life's ups and downs with, someone to hold on to when its tough and someone to celebrate with when its great.  I want to share my life with someone and have them share theirs with me, I want to build a new life together and have a family.  I want to help and support his dreams, and make new ones together.  I want to have someone around that compliments my strengths and weaknesses, I can be a complete person but still not be great at everything... I want more than just me involved in my decisions... I want that balance and different viewpoint that having someone else involved in your life brings.  I want to grow old with someone, I want to be there for someone while they grow old.  I want someone that I can fully love, be devoted to, trust, be vulnerable with and care for without holding back.... I want to be someone's other half and I want my other half

and its boring and feels pointless cooking for one
and coming home to an empty house gets old

And I'm really not fond of sleeping alone  :smirk2:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

myhaloisintheshop

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on April 08, 2008, 10:29:09 PM
Companionship
Unity
Love
Support

I want someone to experience life's ups and downs with, someone to hold on to when its tough and someone to celebrate with when its great.  I want to share my life with someone and have them share theirs with me, I want to build a new life together and have a family.  I want to help and support his dreams, and make new ones together.  I want to have someone around that compliments my strengths and weaknesses, I can be a complete person but still not be great at everything... I want more than just me involved in my decisions... I want that balance and different viewpoint that having someone else involved in your life brings.  I want to grow old with someone, I want to be there for someone while they grow old.  I want someone that I can fully love, be devoted to, trust, be vulnerable with and care for without holding back.... I want to be someone's other half and I want my other half

^^^ that^^^^

Chseeads

myhaloisintheshop

You were able to feel those feelings at one time so why did it change? 

Chseeads

I don't think those are the feelings that I felt. 

It just seemed like it was the thing that you were sposed to do based on what the majority of society does, and I wanted to and/or thought that I found somebody that I liked so I presumed the obvious avenue to pursue was that. 

I'm not sure that I ever had any deep thoughts about it now....

I know I did not have a supportive background structure for it.

MelodyB

Lots of things change your mind about stuff. Broken hearts and hurt feelings is one key factor to making people change their minds.  

Chseeads

I think my view of it before was shallow. 

mini

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on April 08, 2008, 10:29:09 PM
Companionship
Unity
Love
Support

^^^agree with that^^^

Marriage is a maturity issue (staying through the thick and thin, good and bad) and a personal issue (I found someone that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with).  I cant really imagine what Chel and I will look when we are old, but hey, im looking forward to that day.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

myhaloisintheshop

I honestly didn't give it a whole lot of thought as to WHY I wanted to be married.  I loved being with my husband and it was just a natural reaction...I wanted to be close to him forever.  I didn't sit and weigh out the pros and cons of marriage.  

I know hurt feelings can change your mind on a lot of things.....but God is a healer.  God can heal those hurts if you allow it.    :smirk2:

Chseeads

But there has to be a why to it.  Why do you think that is the "natural reaction" for you in that case?

B

sunlight

You know... having or not having a supportive background really does make a big difference sometimes. It can push someone to make that step, or hold them back till it's too late. I have friends on both side of this experience...  

Quote from: Chseeads on April 09, 2008, 02:02:25 AM
I don't think those are the feelings that I felt. 

It just seemed like it was the thing that you were sposed to do based on what the majority of society does, and I wanted to and/or thought that I found somebody that I liked so I presumed the obvious avenue to pursue was that. 

I'm not sure that I ever had any deep thoughts about it now....

I know I did not have a supportive background structure for it.

Chseeads

My parents have been married for 56 years I think....but marriage was never anything I was encouraged to pursue by my family.  Most things that I heard were negatives about how you can't trust anybody and how you never know what somebody is liable to do. 

MelodyB

See thats just the opposite with me, my Mom is always talking about when I get married, and my husband, and my kids, and all that stuff, and because SHE wants it so bad, I dont. She is pushing me, she always has, and I resent it, so I backed away. And now, yes I have been re-evauating stuff lately, but I am still standoffish to the whole idea cause my Mom still wants it so badly for me. And I am used to the idea of being single my whole life.

:smirk2: 

sunlight

haha... like i said, i have friends on both sides of these experiences!

Chseeads

myhaloisintheshop

I totally understand how the way you were brought up can effect your outlook.

When I was a teenager I was almost ashamed that I noticed guys...lol  My mother was the type that assumed the worst. 

Chseeads

That's how I feel about marriage and family now.  :smirk2:

Tricia Lea

:o

I might put my 2 cents in later on this one, maybe

Chseeads

Oh go ahead Tricia, bite the bullet....