News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask Michael K!

Started by Scott, November 29, 2007, 12:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: Tricia Lea on December 02, 2007, 07:03:12 PM
What do you and your boys like doing together the most?
It depends on the boy.

Together (all three of us), we like playing StarCraft together.

With Michael Jr. we like to work on cars together.

With James we like to go for walks together.

Quote from: kade on December 02, 2007, 07:37:52 PMwait the wart hog...isnt that in halo?
There is a warthog in Halo, but I wouldn't say the warthog.
Move along, nothing to see here.

kade

Sunday best and broken glass

SippinTea

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on December 02, 2007, 06:37:09 PM
Quote from: Sis on December 02, 2007, 06:05:30 AM
Is this place getting dangerous?
Not while I'm here.

*smile* Spoken like a true defender and protector.

Quote from: newkris on December 02, 2007, 02:09:04 PM
thanks, Michael and Claudia, again for helping us keep our freedom.

I don't have a question for you today, Michael... but I wanted to add my heartfelt thanks to what Kris said. I'm very grateful to both you and your family. Thank you for everything you do (both seen and unseen) for the rest of us.

Ruby
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Scott

The Russians used to play a game when the SR 71 flew over... fire a missile and watch the Blackbird out run it. The Russians biggest goal was to shoot one down at any cost, they never did.

Some UFO experts believe that the SR 71 and early Stealth aircraft might be the cause of some UFO sightings and that the SR71 might be the elusive UFO that no jet could catch.

Many 50's and 60's stories of  a long ship outrunning the jets..

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

^  Interestingly (here's a bit of historical trivia), when the Russians shot down our U2 Dragon Lady in 1960, they never actually hit the plane.  It flew so high that their anti-aircraft missiles at the time could not hit it.  What they did was fire multiple missiles set to detonate at maximum altitude below the Dragon Lady.  The shock wave from those detonations is what brought the U2 down, not an actual direct hit.

The U2 Dragon Lady is still in use by NASA for atmospheric research.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

While the government has never acknowledged the existence of an aircraft to replace the SR-71 Blackbird, there are unofficial reports of a plane that can fly higher and faster than the Blackbird.  The Aurora, a supposedly triangle shaped plane with a top seed in excess of Mach 6 is what many believe to be the Blackbird's replacement.  It is also believed that some reports of UFOs are actually sightings of the elusive Aurora.

newkris

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: newkris on December 03, 2007, 12:30:12 PMdo you believe in UFOs?
"Believe in" in the same sense that I "believe in" Jesus, No.

Scott

UFO's are real

Any aircraft that you cannot identify is an Unidentified Flying Object!

One you id them, they are no longer UFO but IFO

Simple!

Space Aliens?

NOPE!

MK

At S.A.C. you can see a replica of Gary Powers Flight / spacesuit1

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Sis

Sheesh! Michael has two kids.  Boy kids. They must have had UFOs around the house all the time.   :hypocrite:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Sis on December 03, 2007, 02:40:28 PM
Sheesh! Michael has two kids.  Boy kids. They must have had UFOs around the house all the time.   :hypocrite:

:laughat:

I bet Mom could identify them most of the time.  :biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Sis

Quote from: Sister_Mom on December 03, 2007, 03:31:48 PM

I bet Mom could identify them most of the time.  :biglaugh:

Only after they hit someone/something, right?

titushome

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on December 03, 2007, 10:26:44 AM
The Aurora, a supposedly triangle shaped plane with a top seed in excess of Mach 6 is what many believe to be the Blackbird's replacement.

:o
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Sheesh! Michael has two kids.  Boy kids. They must have had UFOs around the house all the time.
With a sugar rush, the boys, themselves, were the UFOs at times.

I bet Mom could identify them most of the time.
Quote from: Sis on December 03, 2007, 03:33:39 PM
Some things could be identified, others were never adequately identified.  Sometimes, the object the UFO hit was no longer identifable

Quote from: titushome on December 03, 2007, 03:37:32 PM:o
Keep in mind, the government has not confirmed even the existence of such an aircraft.

Sis

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on December 03, 2007, 03:52:18 PM
Sheesh! Michael has two kids.  Boy kids. They must have had UFOs around the house all the time.

Sister_Mom

I bet Mom could identify them most of the time.
Quote from: Sis on December 03, 2007, 03:33:39 PM
Some things could be identified, others were never adequately identified.  Sometimes, the object the UFO hit was no longer identifable

:laughhard: Good thing I only had one boy. Less damage that way.  :o

Then again, sounds like I was missing out on a lot by only having one.  :-( I would think with 2 boys around the house, no one has an excuse for being bored or not finding something to laugh about, unless that's just their choice.  :grin:

What would you say is the best quality in each of your boys?
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: Sister_Mom on December 03, 2007, 04:17:21 PMWhat would you say is the best quality in each of your boys?
It's hard to come up with just one for each.

Michael Jr. - Perseverance.  That kid will push through all kind of adversity to succeed.  He has already planned out his life and is working to achieve those goals.
James - A Kind heart.  He's not above stopping to help someone who needs help.  He puts up a tough front, but he really does have a soft heart.

Sis

Quote from: Sister_Mom on December 03, 2007, 04:17:21 PM

:laughhard: Good thing I only had one boy. Less damage that way.  :o

I only had one kid, and I had half the neighborhood in the house at any one time. So it was like having lots of kids. *dramatic SIGH*

Sister_Mom

Sounds like you and Claudea have 2 awesome kids.  :great:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on December 03, 2007, 04:34:41 PM

It's hard to come up with just one for each.

Figured it would be.  :grin:

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on December 03, 2007, 04:34:41 PM

Michael Jr. - Perseverance.  That kid will push through all kind of adversity to succeed.  He has already planned out his life and is working to achieve those goals.
James - A Kind heart.  He's not above stopping to help someone who needs help.  He puts up a tough front, but he really does have a soft heart.

Sounds like you and Claudea have 2 awesome kids.  :great:

Arctic Rose

What is your favorite food that your wife makes you?

I am not Spoiled.... Just well Loved!

titushome

Keep in mind, the government has not confirmed even the existence of such an aircraft.

Right.  But if such an aircraft does exist, Mach 6 is really fast.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: Arctic Rose on December 03, 2007, 08:13:46 PM
What is your favorite food that your wife makes you?
Do I have to choose? 

My favorite food is Spaghetti, but I really like the lamb medallions you made tonight.

kade

hrmmmmmm whats your favorite book other than the Bible?
Sunday best and broken glass

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ