News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask Michael K!

Started by Scott, November 29, 2007, 12:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kade

nice somethin along teh lines of the se- pistols?
Sunday best and broken glass

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: Tricia Lea on November 29, 2007, 02:22:54 AMwhat is your favorite Bible verse and why?
Romans 8:31 -  . . .  If God be for us, who can be against us?

The verse says it all.

Quote from: kade on November 29, 2007, 02:26:17 AM
nice somethin along teh lines of the se- pistols?
D.O.A, X, 999, etc.
Move along, nothing to see here.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on November 29, 2007, 02:33:40 AM
Quote from: Tricia Lea on November 29, 2007, 02:22:54 AMwhat is your favorite Bible verse and why?
Romans 8:31 -  . . .  If God be for us, who can be against us?

The verse says it all..

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Sis

QuoteI would like to be a curator at the Smithsonian.  I would love to not only see all the exhibits, but also spend time seeing the stuff the public doesn't get to see.

Which museum? The Smithsonian is made up of several of them spread over several blocks.

The Fenwick Gallery
The American Art Museum/Portrait gallery
American History Museum
Natural History Museum
Postal Museum
Freer Gallery
Sackler Gallery
African Art Museum
Arts & Industry Museum (Closed at the moment)
Hirshorn Museum
Air & Space Museum and the
American Indian Museum

Take yer pick! I guess Air & Space Museum.  :laughhard:

There is also the National Gallery of Art buildings, thought they're not part of the Smithsonian.

Tricia Lea

How did you and artic rose first meet, Was it love at first sight?

newkris

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on November 29, 2007, 02:21:19 AM
Quote from: newkris on November 29, 2007, 02:02:05 AMa question . . .  do you plan to retire in 4 years?  or re-up for a bit more?  what does your lovely bride want to do?
That was A question?  It looked more like three questions to me.   :grin:

it's hard to be blonde :pwink:

do u like to answer questions
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

MelodyB

:) (Just marking my place... )
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sister_Mom

Is there anything you don't know that you can't find out? If so, what is it, and is there more than one thing?  :grin:

What's your favorite rose?  :grin:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Sis

:laughat:  You know which rose he likes best!  :freaky2:

MelodyB

What injuries did you sustain while in Iraq?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: Sis on November 29, 2007, 02:46:10 AM
Which museum? The Smithsonian is made up of several of them spread over several blocks.
American History Museum, Natural History Museum, or Air & Space Museum

Quote from: Tricia Lea on November 29, 2007, 03:03:21 AM
How did you and artic rose first meet, Was it love at first sight?
It was love at first sight for her, not for me.

We went to the same school, but she was four years behind me.  When she was 9 and I was 13, we first met at an open house at the school.  During the open house I met her and her parents (an incident I didn't even remember) and talked with them for a while.  That night she went home and told her mom she was going to marry me.  Her mom's reply was along the lines of, "Yeah, right."

Fast forward five years, when I was 18.  I started attending her church.  At one point I could tell she liked me, and I made the mistake of breaking her heart by telling her that she was not my type.  That, however, did not discourage her, she continued to pursue me.

One day, on my my 20th birthday, she rode her bicycle 5 miles to where I worked, just to give me a birthday card.  That was the moment that she caught my attention.  A few weeks later, I asked her parents if I could take her on a date.  They said yes.  We dated for a couple of years after that.

When I was 21, I asked her dad if I could marry her and he said yes.  Then I asked her.  It wasn't until after I had asked her to marry me that her mom finally told me the story of when we first met and when she first said she was going to marry me, eight years earlier.

In 1989, when she was 18 and I was 22, we were married.

Quote from: newkris on November 29, 2007, 04:02:18 AMdo u like to answer questions
I don't mind.

Quote from: Sister_Mom on November 29, 2007, 04:25:24 AM
Is there anything you don't know that you can't find out? If so, what is it, and is there more than one thing?
I sure there is a lot that I don't know and can't find out.  But if I don't know I don't know it, how can I know I don't know it, or know that I can't find out to know it?  Know what I mean?

What's your favorite rose?
I'm partial toward the Arctic Rose.

Quote from: MelodyB on November 29, 2007, 06:14:51 AM
What injuries did you sustain while in Iraq?
Mostly shrapnel wounds and two bullet wounds.  The injuries were mostly on my right side as I was a passenger in a 5-Ton truck when we were hit with an IED.  The shrapnel was  mostly pieces of the truck's metal and glass that was ripped up and thrown around by the explosion.  The IED was set as a diversion for an ambush and I took two bullets in the firefight that immediately followed the explosion.

When it was all over, there was about 5 or 6 of the insurgents that would never bother us again and everyone in our convoy survived, some with more serious injuries than mine, but we all lived through it.  Because of my injuries, I was in Iraq for only about a month of what was supposed to be a four month deployment.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Sis on November 29, 2007, 05:09:33 AM
:laughat:  You know which rose he likes best!  :freaky2:

Yeah, I was trying to give him the opportunity to do one of his favorite things, publicly expressing his love for a particular Arctic Rose.  :biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

titushome

"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Sis

kade

Sis

I didn't know, just spreading rumors!   :laughhard:

kade

really? id also heard that but from some other sources ya know

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: kade on November 29, 2007, 08:13:35 PMis that true? ^
Yes.  But don't tell anyone.  It's a secret.

Tricia Lea

out of all the places you have lived where do you like best and why?

Sister_Mom

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on November 29, 2007, 08:29:28 AM

Is there anything you don't know that you can't find out? If so, what is it, and is there more than one thing?
I sure there is a lot that I don't know and can't find out.  But if I don't know I don't know it, how can I know I don't know it, or know that I can't find out to know it?  Know what I mean?

So if you can't know if there's anything that you don't know, because if you don't know that you don't know something then you don't know that you don't know it, how can you be sure that there's anything that you don't know that you can't find out about? Yeah, I know what you mean.  :P

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: Tricia Lea on November 29, 2007, 09:27:23 PMout of all the places you have lived where do you like best and why?
I'm not really sure I can name just one best place, but I'll try. . . .

OK, I know you can't tell, but I just spent the last ten minutes thinking about this.  I would have to say the the island of Terceira in the Azores.  The only drawback to living there is that I never got fluent in speaking Portuguese.  Life on the island was easy.  The people are extremely friendly, the culture is very laid back, and no one seemed to be in too much of a hurry to take the time to socialize with you.  Sitting in my house looking out my windows over the ocean and watching the occasional ship or fishing boat float by is something I'll never forget.  The climate is a very mild sub-tropical with a wide range of scenery on such a small, 18x10 mile island.  There were the old lava fields, beaches, mountain lakes in the forest, the sulfur pits, and farm fields.  Both palm trees and pine trees on the same island.  The open air produce markets and the fresh water straight from the mountain springs (we would fill water jugs from the springs to use as drinking water in our house).  The food is some of the best you'll find anywhere in the world, and I've tried foods from many different countries.  If you've never eaten alcatra prepared in the traditional Azorean way, you are missing out on a taste of heaven on earth.

So, I would have to say that Terceira was the best place I ever lived.

Quote from: Sister_Mom on November 29, 2007, 09:28:43 PM
So if you can't know if there's anything that you don't know, because if you don't know that you don't know something then you don't know that you don't know it, how can you be sure that there's anything that you don't know that you can't find out about?
I will know what I don't know when someone who knows what I don't know lets me know what it is I don't know.  Only then will I know I didn't know what I didn't know I didn't know.  But then, I'll have the opportunity to finally know what I didn't know before I knew I didn't know it.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on November 29, 2007, 10:19:22 PM
Quote from: Tricia Lea on November 29, 2007, 09:27:23 PMout of all the places you have lived where do you like best and why?
I'm not really sure I can name just one best place, but I'll try. . . .

OK, I know you can't tell, but I just spent the last ten minutes thinking about this.  I would have to say the the island of Terceira in the Azores.  The only drawback to living there is that I never got fluent in speaking Portuguese.  Life on the island was easy.  The people are extremely friendly, the culture is very laid back, and no one seemed to be in too much of a hurry to take the time to socialize with you.  Sitting in my house looking out my windows over the ocean and watching the occasional ship or fishing boat float by is something I'll never forget.  The climate is a very mild sub-tropical with a wide range of scenery on such a small, 18x10 mile island.  There were the old lava fields, beaches, mountain lakes in the forest, the sulfur pits, and farm fields.  Both palm trees and pine trees on the same island.  The open air produce markets and the fresh water straight from the mountain springs (we would fill water jugs from the springs to use as drinking water in out house).  The food is some of the best you'll find anywhere in the world, and I've tried foods from many different countries.  If you've never eaten alcatra prepared in the traditional Azorean way, you are missing out on a taste of heaven on earth.

So, I would have to say that Terceira was the best place I ever lived.

It was all sounding really great until you said you had to carry drinking water to the outhouse.  :o

Sorry, that was the way I read it.  :laughhard:

kade

wow i want to go there...road trip and boat trip anyone?

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: Sister_Mom on November 29, 2007, 10:32:57 PM
It was all sounding really great until you said you had to carry drinking water to the outhouse.  :o

Sorry, that was the way I read it.  :laughhard:
OK, I fixed it.  I fat fingered the T instead of the R.

We didn't have to get our water from the spring, the tap water was just fine.  But that spring water was some of the best water I ever drank.  We did that because we wanted to, not because it was necessary.

Quote from: kade on November 29, 2007, 10:35:30 PM
wow i want to go there...road trip and boat trip anyone?
Keep an eye on the "Your Home Town Pictures" thread.  I'll post some pics there.  The quality won't be the best because we had a first generation digital camera at the time and it didn't take the best pictures, especially by today's digital camera standards.

Sister_Mom

I figured that. I was just messing with ya.  :P

I remember vacations to the mountains in Tennessee and we used to drink the water from the springs. Wonderful stuff.  :thumbsup2: