We have matches, lighters, and Lysol too, lets burn it up in Dingbat #32!!

Started by MelodyB, November 28, 2007, 10:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sister_Mom

Quote from: sunlight on April 15, 2008, 02:32:34 PM
can i get the recipie?

You have to have SunDrop soda to make it. I don't know if another type of soda would work or not.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

sunlight

ok.

hey mel, can you mail me a sundrop?

now can i have the recipie? hehe!

The Purple Fuzzy

Sundrop is almost like Mt. Dew, you could probably use that.  They used to have Sundrop around here but I haven't seen it in ages.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: practicalme on April 15, 2008, 02:50:57 PM
Sundrop is almost like Mt. Dew, you could probably use that.  They used to have Sundrop around here but I haven't seen it in ages.

Yeah, it's kinda close to Mt. Dew.

I'll give you the recipe and you could try to substitute Mt. Dew, but I really like SunDrop a lot better.

SunDrop Pound Cake
5 eggs
3 cups sugar
3 cups plain flour
2 sticks margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon
6 oz. SunDrop

Preheat oven to 325

Cream sugar, margarine, shortening
Add flour & eggs, beat until blended
Add flavorings
Add SunDrop last
Bake at 325 for 1 hour 15 minutes in a greased floured tube pan

(like I said, the 1 hour 15 minutes is minimum, usually takes more)

Enjoy! Let me know how the Mt. Dew works please.  :thumbsup2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

sunlight

MelodyB

I have it in the oven. If it tastes as good as the batter does, Im in trouble. I will end up eating the whole thing. :yum: :fork:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

giggles

MelodyB

Nope. Just cause. And Im gonna take some to Emily cause she likes cake :D

You want a piece? Ill bring you some to church tomorrow.

giggles

yes I do  :clap2: Steve had me try sun drop, and I have to say it was pretty good.

MelodyB

giggles

MelodyB

giggles

Sister_Mom

MelodyB

Yeah, remember? He said:  "Ill be looking for you a man so you can move up here too."

I guess he hasnt found one.

BTW...This Sundrop cake is awesome!! But it stuck some to the inside of the "Bun dit" (LOL) pan. Oh well....the best TASTING cakes are the ones that fall apart...and its still MOSTLY intact...other than the two pieces I have already eaten.

:fork:

Thanks!!

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on April 15, 2008, 10:05:15 PM
Yeah, remember? He said:  "Ill be looking for you a man so you can move up here too."

I guess he hasnt found one.

Yeah, I knew who you were talking about. It's just that Bro. Billy doesn't sound very "pastoral", sounds a bit young and immature, which is soooo not him.

MelodyB

But he DID say that....Chel can tell ya! She heard him!

Oh...are you talking about me CALLING him that? What SHOULD I call him? He IS Bro Chapman, but I was trying to differentiate between the two...and I heard Bro Chapman call him "Bro Billy" to me, and you too for that matter.

*shrug*

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on April 15, 2008, 10:46:27 PM
But he DID say that....Chel can tell ya! She heard him!

Oh...are you talking about me CALLING him that? What SHOULD I call him? He IS Bro Chapman, but I was trying to differentiate between the two...and I heard Bro Chapman call him "Bro Billy" to me, and you too for that matter.

*shrug*

He's Billy to me because he's my stepson. You call him whatever you want I guess, I was just saying it made him sound like a kid.

giggles

RainbowJingles

*begins to feel the peer pressure*

The cake is calling my name...

giggles

Hey RJ, you need to come to Panama City. You would get to meet the Dingbats in person and I am sure that we could get Melody to bake some of her awesome cakes. Panama City is calling you. Come to the wedding on May 31st.

Sis

Still thinking about pumpkin cake.

The pumpkin cheesecake was awsome!

RainbowJingles

Well, I WAS going to go to Florida in December/January, giggles, but if I use my voucher in June, I probably won't go to Orlando then.