News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pickles & Ice Cream

Started by TRAV, February 13, 2007, 06:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alohilani

I want tamales. GOOD ones. That's my only weird craving, I think - I'm having withdrawals from Mexican food. :biglaugh:

Quote from: TRAV on April 06, 2007, 05:10:17 AM
Did someone just say the words "chicken salad" and use the phrase "it totally rocks!" in the same sentence?!?!  :tantrum:

Hey, now! Don't knock it until you've tried it.. It's converted many chicken salad-haters - even people who hate the taste of miracle whip or mayo. *shrug* It's good stuff!

I only like cheese melted onto things (like enchiladas or a baked potato) so the cheese and apple pie thing sounds hideous. I don't like chocolate covered pretzels, either, so maybe that's why..

newkris

Quote from: Mel-Mel on April 06, 2007, 05:29:48 AM
I have made the statement more than once, I will try anything once....at least.

I LOVE cheese and apple pie....In fact I just mentioned it to Jolene the other day and she thought I was crazy...glad to see Im not alone in my craziness.

is cheese and applie pie an east coast thing?  in WI we have cheese with/on everything and i don't know that it's all that popular.  not sure i've ever honestly had it.  although i love cheese and i love apple pie.

one of my bosses would often eat sliced apples and cheese for lunch.  hhhmmm . . . sounds like something i could do.  no cooking involved. . .  . cheese involved . . . winning combination!
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

NessasMama

I'm getting hungry reading this!!!!!!

Apples and cheese? ? ? ?  I think I'll pass on that one!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Elfin

You're from Maine and you don't do Apples & Cheese?!?!?!?!?!  I thought that was most decidedly New England.

Gotta' do it w/ Vermont Sharp Cheddar...

mmmm...  I love sliced apples and cheese.

We even sometimes do cheese slices on applie pie.  (;) How's that for grossing y'all out.)

Oh - never mind...I should have read all the posts leaidng up to that.

Yes an Apple Pie w/ Cheese eating contest would be really good!!

Trav & Mel...Glad to know I'm not alone.  lol  As I tell my husband (who's a picky eater & thinks some things I eat are crazy), I feel sorry for the people out there who don't know the joys of certain foods & food combinations.  Mmmm...  :yum:  I might buy and apple pie tonight! lol
~
~~
~~~
Renée

MelodyB

I had actually never heard of it till a few years ago, we had a freshly baked apple pie at work and my boss came in a stuck a piece of cheese on it and slapped it in the microwave...we we were all thouroughly grossed out, he made us try some, and I enjoyed it..I have since had it a few times and I do like it. But I hardly ever get it anymore cause I dont bake pies and I dont work in a kitchen anymore. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

NessasMama

Quote from: Elfin on April 12, 2007, 05:57:15 PM
You're from Maine and you don't do Apples & Cheese?!?!?!?!?!  I thought that was most decidedly New England.

Gotta' do it w/ Vermont Sharp Cheddar...

mmmm...  I love sliced apples and cheese.

We even sometimes do cheese slices on applie pie.  (;) How's that for grossing y'all out.)

Oh - never mind...I should have read all the posts leaidng up to that.

Yes an Apple Pie w/ Cheese eating contest would be really good!!

Trav & Mel...Glad to know I'm not alone.  lol  As I tell my husband (who's a picky eater & thinks some things I eat are crazy), I feel sorry for the people out there who don't know the joys of certain foods & food combinations.  Mmmm...  :yum:  I might buy and apple pie tonight! lol

Alot of people around here do eat apples and cheese, but, it's just not for me I guess!!!!! I'll have my apple pie with French Vanilla Ice Cream on it!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

MelodyB

Found the thread...I forgot to look here...LOL

Anyway... AB...how exactly do you make a purple cow?

I might try it.... :o

alohilani

I haven't heard of a purple cow in AGES! Wow...

I'm not Amelia, but here's the recipe I've always seen..

PURPLE COW

Combine:

1 cup grape juice, chilled
2 tablespoon sugar
4 tablespoon milk

Shake well then add 2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream. Shake again until blended.
Pour into chilled glasses, Top with whipped cream.

Fills a large glass.

myhaloisintheshop

The one that Dylan's class makes is scoops of ice cream with grape soda.

Amelia Bedelia

couple scoops of vanilla icecream with purple grape juice poured over

littlegal

gag...that sounds disgusting...

MelodyB

well I was going to try it. But I dont have any Ice Cream. I thought it was grape juice and milk. But, we are going to Chick-fl-a tonight, so I can get them to put me some Ice cream in a cup beofre I leave and try it then...or I may just take the grape juice with me and try it there and gross everyone out!

TRAV

Pregnant women are so round looking....and fascinating.
PROVERBS 3:5,6

MelodyB

I LOVE PURPLE COWS!

Well, I tried ABs version and I loved it! If I would have had some more cash, I would have brought some CFA IC home and had another one later...I may have to start keeping that stuff on hand, it was great!

Sister_Mom

Purple Cows sound gross to me, any way you mix it. Just the idea of the grape flavor and any kind of cream..... ewwwwwww.   :frownshake:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

randerzforya

Quote from: Sister_Mom on April 26, 2007, 02:15:47 PM
Purple Cows sound gross to me, any way you mix it. Just the idea of the grape flavor and any kind of cream..... ewwwwwww.   :frownshake:

I agree! The only thing I like to be grape-flavored are actual grapes!

MelodyB

Dont knock it till you try it!

I didnt think I was gonna like it either. But if we never in our life tried new things, where would we all be? None of us would be on Godplace, none of us would have the Holy Ghost, none of us would even be speaking to each other...so try somthing new! It may change your life!

(I know, that was stupid, but Im in a goofy mood today....)

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Mel-Mel on April 26, 2007, 06:01:38 PM

I didnt think I was gonna like it either. But if we never in our life tried new things, where would we all be? None of us would be on Godplace, none of us would have the Holy Ghost, none of us would even be speaking to each other...so try somthing new! It may change your life!

(I know, that was stupid, but Im in a goofy mood today....)

Hey Mel-Mel! I got something new for you to try since you like trying new things. Scott will be having a dish ready shortly.  :thumbsup2:
Scott! Done with that science project yet? Mel-Mel wants to try something new! :laughhard:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Tricia Lea

lolol

Mel mel will like it I think

MelodyB

Uh oh....what thread did I miss?

Sister_Mom

Tricia Lea

3rd grade science project thread

Amelia Bedelia

Quote from: Mel-Mel on April 26, 2007, 06:01:38 PM

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'm so glad you tried it!   :clap2:
and I'm glad you liked it!

Its good with orange juice too.... (instead of the grape, not combined with the grape... well actually... I haven't tried it combined yet... maybe I should...)

Sister_Mom

Orange Juice?  ???

Is there no end to the fruit and cream madness?  :tantrum:

MelodyB

Jennie just told me that last night! I will have to check that out!

*Adds vanilla icecream to the grocery list*