News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

So Mini Met Roscoe Rd 2 (Contest Entry Thread)

Started by mini, June 18, 2012, 12:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:44:38 PM

We've covered this before- chey's favorite car. I noticed a little more cracking and flaking of the paint the last time I looked close....what I wouldn't do to be able to take this classy old dame out for a fall cruise. :drool:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:45:09 PM

Supposedly they rolled one of these down a cliff, then started it up and drove off at the bottom- as a promotional stunt proving how durable and safe they were. As unusual as it is to see an Airflow, it'd be a crying shame to replicate that advertisment..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:48:17 PM

Marmon, I believe. Marmon was built originally in Indianapolis, starting around 1902. They were a premimium brand, which led to their downfall. They went under in 1933- the Depression and their facsination with V16, V12, ect were too much.. highly prized by collectors now.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:49:00 PM

MGTD! Looks like a 1930's model right? Wrong. 1953. Incidently "MG"- stands for "Morris Garage". A little bit of trivia that Mini will appreciate... I'd love to have one of these little devils, too, and have came close to acquiring a replica model a couple of times in the past....

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:59:58 PM
One of my dream cars, except I want a hardtop.

I think JFK would agree with you, especially after that ill fated Dallas trip....:sadbounce:

Roscoe

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:07:40 PM

Why dont they still make dashes that look this good?

The highpoint of American car design....according to many.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:08:29 PM
The icon of American sports cars:

Man- it deserves better than a musuem. It deserves me. :ugly:

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:17:00 PM
Fountain outside the Museum. 

Cheyenne will throw every coin she can get her hands on into this fountain. Every time we go.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:18:58 PM

Those low mileage original looked bad close to new....but time HAD been wearing on its paint..

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:19:43 PM
One day, I will own one of these...

1932 ford roadster. And you couldn't fit in one comfortable, dear galoot...

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:20:43 PM
I love the way this engine looks...

And the ride aint half bad either... :ugly:

Yeah, it's got a Hemi. These were the hot set-up a few years, okay, decades, ago...

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:25:50 PM
One last shot on the grounds for my wife:  Her dream car.

buy it for her. They are relativly cheap....

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:24:47 PM
A Shay!  Just like Uncle Rons!

This one is not quite the same- Uncle Ron's is a "delux" model, with twin spares, ect. This one wasn't. This'n was also mildly streetrodded, with newer wheels and tires. Given the choice, I'd actually take this one over Uncle ron's...

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:37:16 PM
Ok, on a different note for a bit.  Roscoe got to come to my neck of the woods in Rusty.  And we were able to get Rusty and Sam together for a photo shoot!

We both realize that it will have to happen again, and I cant wait for it.

Heres a few pictures from that day:

Brothers reunited... :cry:

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:38:13 PM

Wonder how many times these old trucks have been in this position....passin' your neighbor, stopping to talk about the price of cows....Ahhh, a simpler, yet rougher time. When a man's word was his bond......

Roscoe

Roscoe

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:41:46 PM

This- just seemed right. An old feed store, two rough and tumble old trucks. Coulda been anytime in the past 50+ years...

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:42:22 PM

After leaving, I thought we should've backed up to the loading dock.... Next time, maybe.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:44:06 PM

Lord. I get balder and fatter every picture.  :laughhard: but- this is what a happy redneck looks like... :laughhard:

Roscoe

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:46:35 PM
Lastly, the same pic with a B&W HDR Filter

This- has become one of my favorite pics. It has been posted on numerous websites, always with a ton of positive comments.
Even had one guy, a plane nut, correctly identify the plane....A '49 Grumman, right , Mini?

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 03:27:17 PM
After we left we went by Mr Sams house (the previous owner of Sam).  Heres him sitting in the Willys Jeep (one of my longest running obsessions in the car world).

Thanks for looking!
And one I fergot... my old friend Mr Sam the farmer. God love him, a man from an era the likes of which we shall never see again. He was a bit mistaken on one point- he told Mini those tires on the Jeep were from the 60's....I remember riding with Daddy in the early 80's when I was about chey's age to get them. nonetheless they are old....and he uses the little Jeep constantly. I want it, have no need for it, but still...