News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

So Mini Met Roscoe Rd 2 (Contest Entry Thread)

Started by mini, June 18, 2012, 12:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

And with that, I am now done posting these pictures for a while.

-mini

sunlight

Are you sure that is HDR? That is a composite of a few pictures? Or it is a filter or something that you added to one single picture?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

HDR filter or something I did and a B&W filter...I think.  :ugly:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

So many pics....I'll post up some comments on them probably Sunday and Monday, when I have a fast enough internet connection that I will be able to see what I'm commenting on... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:32:31 PM
Here is a little girl that loves her player piano!

This thing costs me 50 cents everytime we go in the building. And it is LOUD. But Chey loves it and will spend the entire time it is playing either watching it, or more commonly, "ballerina twirling, Daddy"..... :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:34:42 PM
I cant imagine my wife wanting to drive this school bus...

This is a fairly new addition to the museum. And yes, as usual, I want it.....
Can you imagine riding to school in this in the wintertime?!?

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:37:59 PM
Probably one of my favorite vehicles in the museum:

I love the detail of this truck.  And I love the wonder it produces...it makes you want to order some fresh peanuts, a hot dog, and...well...you get the picture.
This truck is really rare...a 1913 Creators body mounted on a model T chassis, I think, although the front end looks more like a Mack or something.......someone told me once that there are only a handful still in existance. This one supposedly is completely functional, although I've never saw it in action.

Roscoe

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:40:46 PM

Don't you wish gas was this cheap?

It would be a shame for me to own this. It is pristine. And the shame would be because I'd drive it constantly.... This is the Model T equivelant of the 3/4 ton fords you see now. Funny how small it seems in comparision. And it has things in common with some of my other toys- it leaks. :laughhard:

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:41:21 PM
Electric gocart? (Roscoe?)

Nope. 1924 (I think) "RedBug".   These little cars were available with a "fifthwheel" single cylinder motor or electric, which is what this one is.
They were advertised as "everybody's car" with a top speed of twelve miles an hour, with no fuss, no gears, just get in and go...  They were also advertised as a young boy's wheels.... The cost? $150.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:41:59 PM
Jeepster

These never really lit my fire....and yes, I know that Jeepaholic Mini will have my hide for that. The wagon or pickup version- meh, maybe.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 28, 2012, 02:43:06 PM

See how far we've come? Just over a hundred years ago, this was state of the art... Imagine trundling off to work on a cold grey day in this... oh, wait. If you could afford this sporty Oldsmobile runabout, you probably didn't have to work. Or go out on a cold grey day.  :biglaugh: