News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Photos!

Started by newkris, February 21, 2007, 02:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newkris

terp, did you see that pic of San Fran?  yeah . . somehow . . . i don't think i'd be real comfortable in a city on hills like that . . can you imagine?   :scared: :shudder:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

RainbowJingles

Newkris & Amber: I've been on that hill in San Fran!  :-)
Newkris: Trust me.  It's not always the most pleasant experience!  lol  I thought I was going to get sick the day I rode down that hill for the first time.  My pastor was driving.  Nuff said.  lol

terp

Quote from: newkris on February 27, 2007, 05:03:07 AM
terp, did you see that pic of San Fran?  yeah . . somehow . . . i don't think i'd be real comfortable in a city on hills like that . . can you imagine?   :scared: :shudder:

I've been there!!  I love the hills and the wind!  Ahhh I can taste the ocean air...   Why can't April come sooner!?   :cry2:
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

AmberMarie

I love San Fran too! I've been many times and am planning on going back late this summer/fall. :thumbsup2:

terp

Quote from: AmberMarie on February 27, 2007, 05:05:06 PM
I love San Fran too! I've been many times and am planning on going back late this summer/fall. :thumbsup2:

Me, too!!  Whooda thunk!?
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

RainbowJingles

Amber & Terp:  Is it gonna be around the same time?  We should all get together!  :-)

nytxn

I think AmberMarie needs to change her name to "GlobeTrotter"  :great:

great pics

AmberMarie

Quote from: RainbowJingles on February 27, 2007, 06:01:53 PM
Amber & Terp:  Is it gonna be around the same time?  We should all get together!  :-)

I'm not sure when I'm going. I have a friend that is moving there...and i have lots of skymiles so i figure I will just fly over for a weekend at somepoint after she gets settled. I'll let yall know when I decide.  ;)

Quote from: Ronzo on February 27, 2007, 11:49:26 PM
I think AmberMarie needs to change her name to "GlobeTrotter"  :great:

great pics

:waving: Thanks!

RainbowJingles

Amber: does your friend have a church she plans to go to?  Is she in church?  How close will she be to SF?

NessasMama

View from my parent's house.

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

newkris

guess what?  yep.  snowing here again! 

i don't know if it's because it's night or what i did to catch the snow this time differently, but . . i rather like these pics.  not so bad, hey?

me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

newkris

and last but not least . . . a full-size one.

me, too.

Amelia Bedelia

:sadbounce:  can I have some?
its warm here... with lots of wind and tornado alerts   :-\

NessasMama

I didn't realize until now that the pics I posted yesterday came out in black and white. I retook them today. They look much better in color!!!!!

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

NessasMama

I like the pics NewKris!! Especially the full size one.

It's supposed to snow here tomorrow, hopefully I can capture a bit of it!!!

AmberMarie

Love the pics Newkris!! We rarely ever get snow here.....we've had flurries twice all winter. :smirk2: Your snow is gorgeous!

newkris

thanks Amber!  youse guys are all welcome to come and share the snow.  in fact, you could come over now and we'll build a snowman - if i can find a yard to play in . . . not so much fun to build a snowman alone, but this is PERFECT snowman weather! 

and NM - i liked those pics in b&w. i thought that was very classy.
me, too.

SippinTea

Kris, that first one you posted is amazing!!  :great:  I really, really like it, and you'd be more than welcome to frame a copy and send it to me for my birthday later this year!  ;)

I love the way there's a glow on the snow in the street, the way the individual snowflakes look like stars, and it makes me want to go take a midnight stroll. *sigh*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

newkris

i'll keep that in mind!  of course, i liked the last one best - my skyline!  i have gotten quite a collection of that skyline.  the building that has the "diamond crown" is called the IDS Center.  it has a waterfall inside of it . .  absolutely gorgeous!  the first time i came to Mpls i happened on that particular building and found the waterfall and the whole atrium so  . . . calming and  . . friendly.  so . . that's why that's my favorite building.  never expected to have a view of it from my living room! 

yeah, if i wasn't alone, i would surely be taking a midnight stroll tonight!  everything is white and sparkly and quiet and untouched.  not a creature is stirring out there!  and it looks like my office may be closed tomorrow so i don't have to go to bed early! 
me, too.

SippinTea

Quote from: newkris on March 02, 2007, 06:00:01 AM
yeah, if i wasn't alone, i would surely be taking a midnight stroll tonight!  everything is white and sparkly and quiet and untouched.  not a creature is stirring out there!

Isn't it great after a snowfall how everything is hushed? I love it. To me, it's like God is giving me space to exhale. Life gets so crazy at times, but when I can get out for a moonlight stroll in a fresh snow....Ahhhh! It's as if I can breathe again.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

nicolejoy

Last night after we got home from dinner, I asked Bernard if he wanted to go for a walk with me. He just gave me a look like "What on earth are you thinking!?!?!" like it was the craziest question he'd ever heard ;) So I didn't get to go for my walk!! ;)

LeahMarie

Beautiful pictures!
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Oooooh!  Snow pictures.  I want to join in.

Our Back yard:

Street in front of our house:

View from our dining room window:
Move along, nothing to see here.

Envelope

WOW!!  cooooool!!!!!!!!

those could be on postcards!!!!!!  wow wow wow!!

sharon

newkris

great, michael.  very cool views . .  i mean, cool like you know .  . good . . not like cold, although those are certainly cool like cold, too.

are those recent?  how much snow do you have right now?
me, too.