News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Photos!

Started by newkris, February 21, 2007, 02:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newkris

view of my city skyline from my living room.  from my couch, actually. 

JOLENE!!  look what i did all by myself!   :clap:

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

Wow, Kris! That's a stunning photo! I love pictures with all kids of geometric shapes going on, and that one certainly has them.  :thumbsup2:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

nicolejoy

That's an AWESOME picture!! I LOVE it!! We're proud of your fine artistic talent, Kris!!! ;)

newkris

well, actually, i was more excited by the fact that i figured out how to load it into photobucket and paste it here since i had jolene heather doing that for me.   :laughhard:

i do like how the colors and shapes work in this pic, though.  it was such a GLORIOUS day out on saturday. 

nic, i'm sure you're even closer to skyline than i am.  i'd love to see some city pics from you.
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

terp

Beautiful!!  And to think...I've been there!!  Woo hoo.  Two thumbs way, way up.   :great:

Now it's your turn to teach me how to do the picture thing.  My GP mommy...
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

newkris

oh my word . . it's so easy . .

by the way, you might know jolene heather.  she is actually from wausau, but now lives inthe south somewhere.  she knew j from camps, etc. and i think she's about your age.  hhhmm . .small GP world.

i think she's adopted me, too . . . how many kids do i have anyway?   ???  does that mean i get to really cash in on mother's day?   :clap:
me, too.

Chseeads

Did you forget to pay your electric bill?

JoleneHeather

Great Job Kris.  With the picture and the upload lol.  Looks like you have an awesome apartment!

terp

Quote from: Chseeads on February 21, 2007, 03:14:53 PM
Did you forget to pay your electric bill?

It's ambiance...don't you know anything?!   :roll:
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

Chseeads

Don't say that word, it'll make OGIA cry. 

newkris

it's all about setting the right calming atmosphere. . . . trust me .  .OGIA understands all about needing to be calmed after spending a day on the bus!! 

thanks, guys.  yep, terp, i daresay you have seen that view from many angles!
me, too.

nicolejoy

Quote from: newkris on February 21, 2007, 01:12:02 PM
nic, i'm sure you're even closer to skyline than i am.  i'd love to see some city pics from you.

My view isn't that nice!! It's all residential stuff, nothing interesting!! In fact, I'm going to put curtains up to cover the view ;) lol - but I'll take a pic of it when we move in anyway... We'll be in our new place in a couple of weeks!! YAY!!

RainbowJingles

Here's the view from some places near Nic's hometown!  I tried to find the pics of the view from your parents' house, but can't locate them at the moment, Nic.  I think I posted them on EC, so maybe I'll just lift them from there.  :-)

Click to make them bigger.  :-)

(wow...  I think I've lost weight since this pic was taken; hadn't really realized how different I look until I saw this pic today!)

RandyWayne

Ok, THIS is the thread I meant to post these in.

If I displayed any pictures here from our current house, it would show a bunch of old farm houses, run down barns, and even more run down FORD tractors. 

THESE pics are from our future backyard!  I honestly don't know how people in Wisconsin who know we are moving, can still say "But won't you miss the pretty scenery and rolling hills?".  Ha!

And RainbowJingles, the scenery in your pictures looks great as well!

RainbowJingles

Thanks, RW.  :-)

They're in Australia.  I love that place, especially that area.

nicolejoy

Me too Elona ;) Those are good pics!!! I'm back in Oz til Tuesday - it's so good to be "back home" - it's gorgeous here!!

But I'm looking forward to going "back home" to Hong Kong too!!

RainbowJingles

Be sure to give everyone BIG HUGS for me, Nic!

*hugs Ash and Nic's Momma and Poppa*

And take a good long look at that view from the living room for me, will ya?  :-)

nytxn

The Texas Hill Country...

Ground Zero, NYC

A note scribbled on a wall at Ground Zero

Lake George, NY

RainbowJingles

Yay!

Here they are, folks!  Just a few pics from my most recent trek to Oz!
These are mostly pics I took from Nic's parents' deck (except the one of the gala).
Click to enlarge the pictures.  :-)

I absolutely ADORE RAINBOW lorikeets!  :-)

Can you imagine having this gorgeous view of the sunset from your living room window??  It was magnifique!

This bottle brush bush was growing up next to the balcony.  I was fascinated by it.  :-)
I think I've seen those kinds of trees/bushes in California since that time, though.  :-)  Funny, huh?

This picture is a gala (I think) eating an orange at Featherdale wildlife park.  It was a fun day there!

Nelle

May sound morbid to some, but I WANT so much to travel to NYC to see Ground Zero and of course the other touristy places. I also want to go to OKC to see the memorial. I've read SOOOO much in depth material on both tragedies.

RainbowJingles

Not morbid at all, Nelle.  My family drove to DC not too long after 9/11 and saw the damage there.  It was very sobering to say the least.

nicolejoy

It was a gallah - but you spelt it wrong ;)

newkris

cool pics youse guys.

ron - that's an awesome shop of Ground Zero. 

i've been to GZ a couple of times, nic. it makes you reflect.  there's "business as usual" all around you and some people who do NOT want to see it and then there's those who . . .just look. it's very interesting.  the crossbeams are just plain cool to see. 
me, too.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Some pictures taken while traveling around Europe:

(More to come. . .)
Move along, nothing to see here.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Move along, nothing to see here.