News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

And I have found yet another country gospel artist that I didn't know existed. Lord, Paypal and fast internet are gonna break me. I can't help it...whiskey soaked sounding voices singing gospel gets me everytime. This time it is a dude named Paul Tillman....got a Waylon Jennings/ Merle Haggard voice thing going on. Yes, I bought the cd... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Just something about the way that registered across my brain when I read it... "whiskey soaked sounding voices singing gospel..." ???

Just picking.  I know what you mean.  But it was fun to say that.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Went to church, came home.  My sister kept my nephew's baby last night and brought him to church this morning.  He went to sleep while we were still singing....which is probably a good thing, because he is wild as a haint and constantly runs and runs and runs....lol 

Lord bless all the needs of those on GP, Weird Cat, Vetclinicgirl, Shrewby, etc.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 06, 2013, 06:31:46 PM
Just something about the way that registered across my brain when I read it... "whiskey soaked sounding voices singing gospel..." ???

Just picking.  I know what you mean.  But it was fun to say that.  :D
Hey! God loves sinners so much he died for 'em... :laughhard: Some of the best singing I've ever heard came from a whiskey soaked drunk. I'll never forget getting a call to a local bar one night for a fight. I got there and the participants had left but they wanted us to walk through and show our presence. Imagine my surprise when the band struck up "Please Forgive Me" by the Crabb family.  :o One of the best renditions I'd ever heard, and the entire bar crowd began singing along.
Blew me away. Talked to the band after they'd finished their show, the lead singer was a huge Crabb Family fan. Said they did at least one Gospel song every night, whether it was in a bar or a fairgrounds.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Got home from church. Ended up having a meeting with the pastor and my ex. He wants us both to be able to attend there. He feels like big things are in store for both of us if we can stick out the awkwardness. I'm more than willing to give it a shot if God sends the pastor to tell me this. Who am I to question God?

Mike is sleeping I think. He refuses to go to the hospital to see his sister [too many bad memories of Brandon's sister's passing] but it's tearing him up. It breaks me every time I see a grown man cry. Getting ready to get some chili going to feed everyone today. Shoulda got it going this morning, but it was a bit of a mad house around here.

Thanks for the prayers!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

*grin* That was my first reaction too.. Poor Roscoe is a heathen. We need to pray him through. :hypocrite:

Quote from: HeatherB on January 06, 2013, 03:08:54 PM
Please pray for Mike and his family today. His sister Eileen has had a stroke. Paralyzed on her left side, still in the hospital, and their not sure if she's gonna make it. He's really tore up.

Also my sinus infection is back full force with its friend the migraine.

Not cool. None of it. Praying for you, Heather. And the others, too.

Quote from: Chseeads on January 06, 2013, 06:33:04 PM
Went to church, came home.  My sister kept my nephew's baby last night and brought him to church this morning.  He went to sleep while we were still singing....which is probably a good thing, because he is wild as a haint and constantly runs and runs and runs....lol 

Lord bless all the needs of those on GP, Weird Cat, Vetclinicgirl, Shrewby, etc.

Nephew's baby.... ooo, delightful. Dontcha just love it when the terrors end up asleep during church? :bigcheese: So much easier for everyone. Hmm... maybe we should start passing out extra-strength tylenol at the doors to the terrors.  :cool:

And thanks for caring about GPer's. In spite of your pretense of hatefulness and spite. :hypocrite:

Update on my little family:
Both Sean and Chris woke up feeling WAY better than yesterday. Shockingly so, considering how horribly sick they've been. Thank you to everyone who prayed for us all. I'm grateful. Yesterday was a bit scary. I'm really glad they're on the mend. Gonna watch them like a hawk today and make sure they eat bland stuff (in spite of any protests otherwise *grin*).

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

I think that was the first time he had ever been to church, and he's almost 2.....  But he's just a bundle of constant energy, he runs and climbs and goes goes goes goes goes nonstop. 

So I'm kinda glad Leslie sung him to sleep.  :P

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on January 06, 2013, 07:17:46 PM

*grin* That was my first reaction too.. Poor Roscoe is a heathen. We need to pray him through. :hypocrite:

I ain't the only one that needs it then. I strongly suspect Taco will be needing repentance right along side me- our tastes in music align pretty closely. And a former poster here, Yosemite, is friends with me on FB and he likes it too.
I'm thinking we'uns are heaven bound and in the right here... :laughhard:

Lynx

*Psalm_97 points Roscoe back up to the link to the car show.

Come on, you don't want to own your very own dragon truck?  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 06, 2013, 07:51:09 PM
*Psalm_97 points Roscoe back up to the link to the car show.

Come on, you don't want to own your very own dragon truck?  :cool:
Oh yeah, I meant to address that....Uh no.  :P But the Dodge Daytona or Plymouth Superbird....now that I'd take in a heartbeat. Just once, I'd like to have enough money to go to that auction and buy a car....even though they have hurt some of us poor car guys with the "Barret-Jackson Effect" ( Country farmer with old car sees show, sees where a one-of-one- two door '63 dodge 426 Hemi Coronet goes for $250k- voila, his four door slant six Coronet must be worth at least $25k....in actuality a $750 car.)  :pound:

SippinTea

Hmph @ Roscoe. One of these days you'll realize that heaven has music quite, quite different than "whiskey soaked voices". *grin*

Okay, I really better quit playing around on FB and GP and go get something worthwhile accomplished while I'm taking care of the sickos. :updown:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

I was just thinking the same thing Ruby. Except about myself. Not about you. I was all motivated to get some things done when I got home. Well I at least have the chili going for today and the floor swept. Now to pry myself away and clean.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Had good church...went to Mobile to the Golden Corral to eat lunch. Moms Birthday Sunday-lunch. Tuesday on her actual birthday, I'm making a mess of liver and onions and rice. Yeah baby!

Tired. Got home from lunch and got 2 phone calls, so I'm still sitting in the foyer where I was on the phone, in my church clothes that I've been wearing since 8am. Gotta go get these hose and shoes off and relax my poor feet.

Can't nap, cause in an hour I'm gonna watch the webcast of Jolene's church tonight. They are remembering Baby Hope in the service and I don't wanna miss it.

Www.firstpent.org for those that wanna see.

Gonna go get changed and plug my phone in...I've nearly killed the battery. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Musta been talking to your other boyfriend cause you weren't talking to me.

MelodyB

If I called you on the phone you would ask me who died. That's the only time I ever actually CALL you. Lol

MelodyB

Forgot to say earlier that I messed up my left wrist somehow. It's in a lot of pain when I move it. I have had several near tears moments today, and it wasn't because the spirit of God was moving on me...

I have two wrist braces, one for each, but I knew that one was lost in the flood, but had managed to save the other...I didn't know which one though, and was almost sure it was the right one. Luckily, when I got in from lunch, I looked and it was my left! Yay! That's good cause that the one that's hurting and I won't have to make a trip to CVS and get another one...at least till my right one flares up.

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on January 07, 2013, 12:47:06 AM
If I called you on the phone you would ask me who died. That's the only time I ever actually CALL you. Lol

For this, I blessed thee.

Roscoe

Morning all. Y'all have been awful quiet. What am I gonna have to do to get y'all to talking?? *begins plotting and scheming*
In other news, it is Monday. Bah. I SO do not want to be here, but - :pray: I thank you God for a job, especially one as good as mine. :pray:
I'd honestly rather be in bed still though. :smirk2:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

kkay

Oh yum. I made a zucchini lasagne yesterday and it was SO good! I also made a cheesecake with basically cream cheese, vanilla, stevia and greek yogurt.

This morning is going well so far. I stayed up 'til midnight last night which is completely unheard of for me so now I'm tired.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.