News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Quote from: SippinTea on January 07, 2013, 11:19:32 PM
Just dropping by to say howdy. I would say hello, but Roscoe and Mini won't know the definition of the word. :hypocrite:

Quote from: Roscoe on January 07, 2013, 11:52:20 PM
We DO so know the meaning of "hello". Ain't that the northern version of " I'm speaking to you because I feel obligated, don't dare take it as anything more"?
Now, "howdy"- don't that sound so much friendlier? Like "Come on over, neighbor and have a cup an' we'll jaw a while."...
I'll take mine as "Howdy".... :laughhard: And I'd love to have a mountain cabin. Someplace that you'd need a fourwheel drive and a map to get to.

This proves Roscoe is from Texas.  Proper response to "Hello!" is "Hidee" if you are truly from the hills.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on January 07, 2013, 11:13:05 PM
I mowed the front yard, hopefully for the last time this season. Now I am whupped and don't feel like doing much.

Why in tarnation are you mowing in JANUARY!?!?

Thats taking redneck to a whole new level....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

Heather, I'm on my way. :cool:

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 08, 2013, 02:07:08 AM
I mowed the front yard, hopefully for the last time this season. Now I am whupped and don't feel like doing much.

:o Yeah, that.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

angel

I'm feeling better. On the mend. Good night everyone. All of our snow is melting, will see our lawn by the end of the weekend :( Weird weather here in Wisconsin. Rain in January this weekend.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Lynx

Roscoe:  Would they pop for a pair of toe boots?  Vibram makes boots.   :thumbsup2:

SippinTea:  What Roscoe said.  :D

MelodyB:  Never mess with mom's seasoning.  Remind me to tell you someday about my mother's chicken and dressing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Early day for work. Tempted to ask if I can go home early just because I didn't sleep too great but my paycheck would like for me to stay til 4. I guess I'll just see what mood my coemployees are in and go from there.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

I know exactly what seasonings she uses, and about how much cause I've watched her since I was a wee bitty child. But no matter what, I can't get it to taste exactly right, and hers tastes exact the same every time. Even though nothing is ever measured and nothing is written down. Her is always perfect and mine is almost the same but never quite reaches the wonderfullness that everyone adores of her tater salad.

Seriously, it's like the best ever.

I made a pretty big batch so we would have plenty left, and we do. So that's what I'm having later. :fork:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on January 08, 2013, 02:12:08 AM
Heather, I'm on my way. :cool:

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 08, 2013, 02:07:08 AM

:o Yeah, that.

:beret:
:pound: :pound: I mow when the grass is high enough I can't see the road from my front window, be it January or July.  :P  I'M not the one who's making the stuff grow, but when the chihuahua got lost trying to go potty, I figured I needed to cut it. :biglaugh:
And you wanna talk about weird weather....here it's supposed to be 70 and sunny friday, 70 and rain/storms Saturday- and a high in the 30s Sunday.
Back at work, where I shall endeavor to do no physical work whatsoever. :P

Quote from: MelodyB on January 08, 2013, 12:38:03 PM
I know exactly what seasonings she uses, and about how much cause I've watched her since I was a wee bitty child. But no matter what, I can't get it to taste exactly right, and hers tastes exact the same every time. Even though nothing is ever measured and nothing is written down. Her is always perfect and mine is almost the same but never quite reaches the wonderfullness that everyone adores of her tater salad.

Seriously, it's like the best ever.

I made a pretty big batch so we would have plenty left, and we do. So that's what I'm having later. :fork:
It's funny, Mel....my mama cooked with "a pinch of this, a dash of that and a sprinkle of the other" without measurements. I watched her cook my entire life and know exactly what she did for biscuits, gravy, and a host of other dishes- but I can never make them the same.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Same with my grandmother's white gravy.  I can do her baking, but the gravy is not the same.

Chseeads

Lynx

I have nothing currently to add to this SHARING thread.  Just wanted to post something so you would know I'm still alive.   :lurk:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Roscoe

They'll charge you a quadrillion bucks to tell you that they have no clue what's wrong with it.  :smirk2:
I am tarred. And my left foot is hurting. Must be the new boots..
Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 08, 2013, 06:34:53 PM
I have nothing currently to add to this SHARING thread.  Just wanted to post something so you would know I'm still alive.   :lurk:
I was beginning to wonder.  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Chseeads

They said it's the starter going bad on the TB.....  Blah, puke. 

They moved it once after I parked it down there, and after that they couldn't get it started again. 

At least it acted up for them too....usually cars want to put on a show and not act up for the mechanic.  :P

MelodyB

I thought you meant that something was liturally stuck in the tailpipe. I get it now. Ha ha. (sarcasm)

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 08, 2013, 08:19:42 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 08, 2013, 08:13:44 PM
:tearhair:
:burn: Let me help you out.... :freaky2:
Police brutality!  Police brutality!  Call the media, get it on yahoo front page, put it on facebook and twitter!
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Does he have to pay travel expenses out of what you pay him, or will you cover that separately?   :contract:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Y'all please pray for Ruby. Her guys are feeling better and now she has the nasty bug.

Prayers are appreciated.

Heather

Poor Ruby  :(

Made it til 2 then cut out of work early. It didn't help that I was having an allergic reaction to one of the dogs in the back. My eye's got super red and my eyelids started to swell. Had to take benadryl which of course made me super sleepy.

Home for the evening. Gonna whip up some bake spag for dinner.

Brandon is planning on going to church with me tomorrow. Didn't even ask him if he wanted to go. He just told me he'd meet me there after he gets off work. Also day #5 of "no" smoking. No sneaking cigarettes today though. He's completely out. Been dizzy but he said the constant craving is gone. Just the mildly obsessed need. lol.

Heather

Brandon's mom just blew in with the boys like a tornado, tore up the house, took groceries, let one of the dogs out, and left again. I know I'm not supposed to hate anyone, but if I could she'd be in my top 5.

Oh and she said she'd rather Brandon smoke and give both of us cancer than for him to gain weight. What kind of mother says that?!?!?!?!!?