News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 05, 2013, 01:29:49 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 04, 2013, 03:38:31 PM
Interview today at 3pm with Tenaska. An admin job I applied for the week before Christmas.
I have friends there, who've all put in good words, and it could be good!!

Prayers would be greatly appreciated. I reallly need an open door!
so, how did it go?

Went ok I think. I already know a lot about the company from previous interviews and my friends. So I didn't have whole lot of questions.

My friend text me later in the evening and said "ok Jenn, word on the street is your interview went really well."
So guess we'll find out next week! Pray pray pray!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on January 05, 2013, 03:42:22 AM
I am currently listening to my iPod. Earlier today while cleaning my room, I noticed it was charged fully, and I wondered how many hours straight it could play on one charge, so I plugged it into my clock radio and it's been playing continually for 9 hours and 40 minutes now. I hope to be awake when it finally cuts off so I'll know how long it lasts. It's on shuffle and there is 200 songs exactly on it.

Lol mines playing now....except it has 1,821 songs!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

The only place I ever play songs is if I'm at the church doing something like cleaning etc., I'll turn on the CD player and play it over the PA system. 

Lately I've turned the car radio on a few times....I used to do that a lot, but then hadn't been....still not doing it too much. 

Lynx

My sister just called.  I could tell right away she wasn't doing very good, from the sound of her voice.  She said the doctor gives her about 6 months to live. 

Odd to hear her in tears.  She never cries.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

At our house...

Everyone at my house is sick - except me. And this is the nastiest bug I've seen in a long time. They've been throwing up, having severe diarrhea (as in, up 12-14 times just during the night), and my hubby passed out this morning (and almost did a second time). I'm really concerned - both that my family gets well quickly and that that I DON'T GET IT!!! Being pregnant and being that sick don't mix well. Asking for extra prayer for me and my family.

:beret:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Praying for both your families Ruby and Isaac.

Back from my lady date. Bought a new purse [with a gift card], a dress on clearance, and 3 hairbands [all also on clearance]. Oh and lunch. Glad my friend is a bargain shopper too. lol. She asked me to please visit my old church tomorrow. Brandon said if he's off he'd definitely like to go there. So we'll see.

In the last 36 hours he's only smoked 3 cigarettes. Sadly he has also became Mr Grumpy Pants today. I'll leave him here and go watch the football game at my parents alone if he doesn't keep the attitude in check.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

The grumpy attitude is normal for people trying to quit smoking.  Try to be as understanding as you can.  I've never had the habit but both my parents did, and it ain't easy.  The grumpiness is more a chemical thing than an attitude thing - not something you can just drop, or snap out of.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Fully aware. Dad smoke for around 37 years before he quit. But it also does not give them a right to be completely hateful because I didn't say 'hi' the way I 'should have'.

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Um, yeah. Being around smokers who are trying to quit is no fun.  :smirk2:

:beret:

Chseeads

Being around smokers who aren't trying to quit is no fun either.  Not if they're smoking at the time at least.

Melody

LOL true Seth. 

My sister smoked during her pregancy of the twins.  Had them at 6mo.  They have all sorts of issues.  She still smokes.  She limited herself to only smoking outside but guess what?  3rd hand smoke, which is the residue the smoke leaves behind on clothes, walls, etc, ... is JUST as harmful as 2nd hand smoke and lasts indefinately.  So babies that go and lick/gnaw on something years later that has had smoke on it, get the same effect of breathing in someone's smoke right there.  Yuk. 

Ruby, those affects have been in a bug going around here too.  My friend had it and Hannah got a bit of it but not as severe and only for a couple of days.  No Fun At All.  I think I am fighting something cause I woke up with my eyes puffy and a lovely frontal headache but if that's all I get then I won't complain. 

Cleaned the church, Nathan was so nice to help me today. 

Because I stayed home with Hannah on Sunday, I STILL didn't pass out all the Christmas cards.  Goodness, I'm a mess.  lol 

Roscoe

Praying for ya, Isaac.

And in sharing, Lou got her "Broken Vessels" cd's today. Pretty good group...and I am stealing her "free" cd. It is an instrumental cd with primarily piano and my favorite musical instrument of all time- the harmonica. And the dude playing it is one of the best I've heard in a while.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

angel

My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Melody

Chseeads

Lynx

Buying any soup at all is buying the wrong kind of soup.  :P  Homemade pwns all! 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Heather

Quote from: ladyshep on January 06, 2013, 01:11:11 AM
Go Packers!!!

I wore my GB shirt and my cheesehead last night to watch the game  :thumbsup2:

Please pray for Mike and his family today. His sister Eileen has had a stroke. Paralyzed on her left side, still in the hospital, and their not sure if she's gonna make it. He's really tore up.

Also my sinus infection is back full force with its friend the migraine.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison