News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 04, 2013, 07:54:43 PM
I heard Roscoes test was at a BBQ joint.  Poor guy aint got a lick of a chance of passing.
:pound:
I'll have you to know I passed the initial test with flying colors, ate a delicious BBQ sandwich,and met several new friends. Also ran into several people I've known for years, but hadn't expected to see there. One of which was my mayor from the city I used to work for who is currently in search of a police chief. We had a nice chat. While I don't expect a job offer, it was nice to be able to get some things off of my chest regarding my previous job, and he wants to sit down with me now and talk more...

We shan't discuss the second level test that they gave me a free chance to take. I failed it terribly, but I hadn't studied a lick for it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 04, 2013, 04:58:19 PM
Roscoe, we have a couple of guys in our church that have umm.. handles?   I guess it can reach really super far?   I've thought about with the country going as it is, it might be a more reliable form of communication in an emergency.  I don't know how monitored it is though? 

If Mel is Cinderella, then Seth is CinderFella.   :hypocrite:

:sing:

Cinderella dressed in yella' went downstairs to kiss her fella, by mistake, she kissed a snake, how many doctors did it take?.......

Took Grandma to a doc's appt. and some errands today.  And such.

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on January 04, 2013, 05:04:09 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on January 04, 2013, 04:58:19 PM
Roscoe, we have a couple of guys in our church that have umm.. handles?   I guess it can reach really super far?   I've thought about with the country going as it is, it might be a more reliable form of communication in an emergency.  I don't know how monitored it is though? 

If Mel is Cinderella, then Seth is CinderFella.   :hypocrite:
"Handles" are usually C.B....mine was "Renegade" years and years ago. Ham radio have call signs, such as K5IAJ....And yes, depending on conditions you can talk worldwide, even use them with a phone patch to make calls if you have the right equipment. A friend of mine talked with a guy in South Africa the other day and exchanged postcards with him to verify it.  :o It gets alot more technical than I ever will though.

That doesn't verify anything....  Coulda been Weird Cat mailing the postcard from a different country so he couldn't be traced.... :hypocrite:  :P

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 04, 2013, 06:45:40 PM
*sigh.  Sometimes work makes me want to scream.

You should.  See what they think about that.

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 04, 2013, 07:30:38 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 04, 2013, 06:54:37 PM
Last night work made me want to limp.  And I did.  Is that anything like making you want to scream? 
It makes me want to make someone else limp. :smirk2:

You should do that too.

Chseeads

A beaver dam in a creek that runs along the road that goes to Grandma's doctor's office.  They had this big spot dammed, and then another smaller spot dammed higher up.  And some trees along the road that they had ate the bark off the bottom, and one that they were in the process of cutting down. lol

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 04, 2013, 03:38:31 PM
Interview today at 3pm with Tenaska. An admin job I applied for the week before Christmas.
I have friends there, who've all put in good words, and it could be good!!

Prayers would be greatly appreciated. I reallly need an open door!
so, how did it go?

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

You still have a good amount of snow, Seth.   Those beavers are hard at work.  I would have assumed they hibernated. 

Went to see my friend still in the hospital.  A quiet evening at home now.

SippinTea

Heather

So Brandon has been talking about quitting smoking off and on now for a couple of months. I met him after work this evening at Walmart and he starts digging into his arm squalling about 'it itches'. Lo and behold if he didn't decide today to quit and is currently wearing his nicotine patch. He's currently chewing up a storm in gum but I'm proud of him for making the decision and I'm behind him 100%. If you think to pray for us do [especially him!!]. My dad is also lending loads of support since he'll be cigarette free 2 years in March.

Work today was awesome. No one related to the owner was there. Things went smoothly and everyone got along. I drew blood from 2 different victims....I mean patients today. And both were fairly clean sticks too.

Having a lady date with my friend from my old church. I didn't figure Brandon would want to purse shop. Plus he's working. Since he went full time at AutoZone though he now only has to work every 3rd sunday. I'm hoping maybe he'll want to go to church sunday morning. We'll see how the no smoking goes and go from there  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

:pound: Chel.

I got everything done today that I intended.

I gotta get up and take dad to Dialysis tomorrow...I haven't done that in two weeks. Gonna be hard to wake up that early.

I am currently listening to my iPod. Earlier today while cleaning my room, I noticed it was charged fully, and I wondered how many hours straight it could play on one charge, so I plugged it into my clock radio and it's been playing continually for 9 hours and 40 minutes now. I hope to be awake when it finally cuts off so I'll know how long it lasts. It's on shuffle and there is 200 songs exactly on it.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on January 05, 2013, 03:27:44 AM
Work today was awesome. No one related to the owner was there. Things went smoothly and everyone got along. I drew blood from 2 different victims....I mean patients today. And both were fairly clean sticks too.

My sister has to give her cat IV's and stuff all the time.  She's like 17 and has bad kidneys etc.

Chseeads

Quote from: SippinTea on January 05, 2013, 02:09:19 AM
Cheese, that's a beautiful photo. It looks so peaceful.

:beret:

The pic came out good to have been taken while driving down the road. lol

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 05, 2013, 02:04:39 AM
You still have a good amount of snow, Seth.   Those beavers are hard at work.  I would have assumed they hibernated. 

I don't know how long ago they actually dammed that up like it is, it'd been a while since I'd drove down that road. 

There is a man-made pond on the next road over from here at home and it has a culvert pipe of some sort fixed as a spillway in the dam.  Well I think there are beavers over there that may have plugged that spillway up, because the water level looks higher than it used to be I think.  And it seems like some time ago someone had said something about that issue. 

MelodyB

Chseeads

Can you see the whole pic?  On the computer, as it's posted on here and shows up to me, you have to scroll to the right to see it all...  But the right side of the pond is the beaver dam....the pond is there BECAUSE of the beaver dam.

MelodyB

Oh. But it's covered in snow, I didnt recognize it. Plus it's not a Narnian quality beaver dam. But I can see it now.

Chseeads

I'll issue the beavers a citation for not shoveling the snow off their dam.

SippinTea

Quote from: Chseeads on January 05, 2013, 03:56:06 AM
The pic came out good to have been taken while driving down the road. lol

Haha! Reminds me of that one award-winning photo of David's... we had gone to the zoo and were at the elephant pen waiting to see the new baby elephant. But there were MOBS of people, and you couldn't really see past anyone, and everyone up front said there wasn't anything to see anyhow because the baby was hiding behind his mom. So David held the camera way up above his head, aimed in the general direction of the mom elephant, and took a picture............ JUST as baby elephant stepped out from behind his mom. *LOL* So when he entered his photo in the fair - and won - we all laughed. And the camera club he's a part of I think thought he was lying or something when they were all critiquing his photo and talking about stops, and angles, and lighting, and technical junk... and then turned to him and said "what technique did you use"... well, when he said he held the camera above his head and shot... *snicker* Pretty hilarious.

:beret:

Heather

I had a 17 year old cat with bad kidney's once. Once she started bleeding all the time I called it. I sat right there petting her precious little paw as the pink needled her.

I'm up at 730 on my one day in the past 2 weeks to sleep late because my stupid dog hurt her paw. I could bandage it myself except Brandon is gone to work and Mike won't keep Bella from getting in my face everytime I get Whiskey settled enough to let me look at it. Whiskey is a weinie when it comes to her paws. She screams and yells anytime I try to even clip her nails. So it looks like I'll be making an appearance at work on my day off  :smirk2:

MelodyB

I now know that my iPod battery will last 14-15 hours...it shut off somewhere between 2:30 and 3:30, cause I woke up at those times.

Good info to know.

Chseeads

Heather

We are now home from the vet with things to bandage her cut pad on her digit if it starts bleeding again. Currently it's clotted so we're ok. My alarm clock went off on my phone as I was driving home.

Brandon caved and had a cigarette this morning. But 2 in a 24 hour period is better than a whole pack. Baby steps. He did say he wasn't nearly as congested when he woke up as he normally would be.

Roscoe

Lord. I had forgotten how much I hate working Saturdays.  :pound: Since my beloved sister has her truck in the shop she's driving my canyon. That left me having to drive Rusty, so we took the slow route in this morning. My morning wouldn't be so bad except all these morons that are working on the weekend demanding that I unlock the door. Idiots. Bah.
I am definately in a "Seth" mood. :mad:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads