News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I'm home.  It was hectic at work tonight but I and my leg made it.  And I didn't take any pain meds all night, for a good reason - the pain is there for a reason, to warn you not to do something.  As long as I didn't move in a way that caused pain, I was not making it worse. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kkay

Gonna try to make a cauliflower crust pizza this weekend maybe. Or maybe just use coconut flour. Can't really decide.

Hope everyone's having a good morning :hi:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Interview today at 3pm with Tenaska. An admin job I applied for the week before Christmas.
I have friends there, who've all put in good words, and it could be good!!

Prayers would be greatly appreciated. I reallly need an open door!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Trying to get this apartment back in order...of course mom and dad didn't do much while I was gone. It's not a complete disaster...but they didn't take out any garbage, and the toliet is backed up into the shower...they said that happened the day I left, so it's been nasty for 11 days. They were waiting on me to get home to fix it. Which means neither of them took a shower while I was gone. Lovely.

The kitchen was decent though. (the garbage was at least not still in the kitchen.)

I've already cleaned my "room" and unpacked. Did a load of laundry. Now I guess I'll clean the bathroom next so I can take a shower myself. Maybe before my shower I'll finish up the kitchen and clean out the fridge...that is a mess and I dont know what we have and what we need since I've not been here.

:smirk2:

Vacation is officially over and I'm Cinderella again. Lol

Lynx

Not feeling so chipper this morning.  I know exactly why, and it's my own fault - all that cheese I put in the chili last night.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I'm up. Fixin' to go to Conway and take my ham radio test. Then back home and clean up the house. It's clear but cool here today. :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Yep. In order to transmit on a ham radio you must be licensed by the FCC. There are different levels of licensing....what I'm going for is the low license, "Tech", which costs me $15 to test for. License is good for ten years.
There's ALOT more to ham radio than talking on it like you do a CB. But because of the requirements, you get away from the gutter language and drunk idiots. Most folk that are interested enough to take the test try to better the hobby....thus, the "way to technical" at times, but over all good folks.
As an added benefit, there is tons of technology that you can get into on ham radio level that you can't on cb's, ect.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I just did what I shoulda done first - googled it.  Seems the whole purpose of requiring a license is specifically to keep it from becoming a worldwide CB chat environment. 

Maybe I oughta get into this, maybe even put up a repeater.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Roscoe, we have a couple of guys in our church that have umm.. handles?   I guess it can reach really super far?   I've thought about with the country going as it is, it might be a more reliable form of communication in an emergency.  I don't know how monitored it is though? 

If Mel is Cinderella, then Seth is CinderFella.   :hypocrite:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 04, 2013, 04:54:44 PM
I just did what I shoulda done first - googled it.  Seems the whole purpose of requiring a license is specifically to keep it from becoming a worldwide CB chat environment. 

Maybe I oughta get into this, maybe even put up a repeater.
Knowing that you are a self described nerd.....you'd love it.  :laughhard: If you decide you are interested, I can mail you a cd rom with all the test questions and answers, among other things...They cost around $25, but I friend loaned it to me. He told me to be sure it gets back to him, but if I want to loan it out, it'd be fine. You could download it and ship it back....I've studied around a week, and took the test pool on this, then have been taking random tests. Not failed one out of the past thirty or so. Shouldn't have a prob.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 04, 2013, 04:58:19 PM
Roscoe, we have a couple of guys in our church that have umm.. handles?   I guess it can reach really super far?   I've thought about with the country going as it is, it might be a more reliable form of communication in an emergency.  I don't know how monitored it is though? 

If Mel is Cinderella, then Seth is CinderFella.   :hypocrite:
"Handles" are usually C.B....mine was "Renegade" years and years ago. Ham radio have call signs, such as K5IAJ....And yes, depending on conditions you can talk worldwide, even use them with a phone patch to make calls if you have the right equipment. A friend of mine talked with a guy in South Africa the other day and exchanged postcards with him to verify it.  :o It gets alot more technical than I ever will though.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Last night work made me want to limp.  And I did.  Is that anything like making you want to scream? 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Sometimes home makes me want to scream. Hah. ;)

Kitchen done. Dinner started. Trash almost all gathered up. My room is spotless. Three loads of laundry done. Bathroom is underway. Need a plumbers wrench to take the pipe lid off outside...been trying to get it unclogged so I can clean it. Dad is headed out to look in the van and see what tools he can find. Soon as that's done and cleaned I can shower myself and get ready to go pay the phone bill and go to the store.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 04, 2013, 06:54:37 PM
Last night work made me want to limp.  And I did.  Is that anything like making you want to scream? 
It makes me want to make someone else limp. :smirk2:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I heard Roscoes test was at a BBQ joint.  Poor guy aint got a lick of a chance of passing.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller