News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We now have a gate to fix, because of Isaac's driving in Sharing 4-7-6.

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Gators got crushed! Yay!

Headed home tomorrow. I sure don't want to go, but it was a lovely time away.

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Not many people making not many posts while I was at work.  Where'd everyone go?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 03, 2013, 06:16:22 AM
Not many people making not many posts while I was at work.  Where'd everyone go?
I noticed it's been kinda quiet lately, too. Personally, I've been a bit "hooked up" with work and junk, and thus haven't been my usual posting self......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I've been having too much fun with my cousins and relaxing on my vacation to spend too much time here...but when I get home y'all can stay tuned to my rants and stuff cause I'm sure I'll need a place to escape more often than I have lately.

Hehe.

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on January 03, 2013, 06:29:14 AM
I've been having too much fun with my cousins and relaxing on my vacation to spend too much time here...but when I get home y'all can stay tuned to my rants and stuff cause I'm sure I'll need a place to escape more often than I have lately.

Hehe.
:clap: Donut eater.  :pound: :pound:
Do you know it was nine o'clock tonight before I got to break my fast?!? I was starving.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Ow ow ow ow OW!

2.5 weeks was too much time off.  I got out of shape.  Today at work I think I pulled a calf muscle.  (Insert Cheese-y Seth's cow joke here.)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Which muscle of the calf did you pull? And why are you picking on poor defenseless baby cows? And did the calf kick about it? How big was the calf?   :roll: :roll:
Cheesy enough? :P

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

I was in Arkansas a few days last week, but not near enough to irritate Robert. However, Isaac, I thought of you at a local steakhouse I ate twice at in Siloam Springs AR during my stay.

It is called Callahan's Steakhouse, a local place, lots of logs-style construction and hardwoods in the tables, furtniture. The food is excellent, but what made me thnk of you is a house bread they serve.

They make it themselves lopcally, and I was told it is not easy. It is a baked honey-wheat loaf, but still manages to be soft and very lightly chewy. The honey is just faintly sweet in the background, but is enough to completely kill off the bitter taste that wheat bread so often has.

Excellent food there, as well, from the stuff on the menu.

John  :waving:

MelodyB

I'm on the bus headed home. This bus isn't as crowded as the last one was...and I'm not as nervous either.

:moped:

kkay

I've been posting more on a site where people are doing the same diet as me :updown: Got some good recipes to try this weekend!

I ate a whole half of a pizza the other night but only gained .6 lbs. Not too shabby but can't make that a habit. I couldn't believe what the pizza guy said! He put onions on the whole pizza instead of just half and he says "is that gonna cause a big problem or something?" Uhhhh yeah! He tried giving me another pizza but I didn't take it 'cause I would have eaten it all :)

The Purple Fuzzy

I've had too much company and trying to catch up at work to post much.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on January 03, 2013, 01:40:32 AM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 02, 2013, 06:07:49 PM
MellowYellow:  I just thought it was mildly amusing the way the rules were phrased, and it was germane to the topic at hand.  I wouldn't give a kid a smartphone until he was old enough to move out.

Personally I think smartphones train people to google instead of thinking.  But I don't have one, so I can't say that as a certainty.  Scientists with IQ tests say constantly using a smartphone as a secondary brain reduces the user's intelligence though, because you no longer have to remember facts, you just have to know how to access them when you need them.  If Wikipedia goes down, some people's apparent IQ drops by about 30 points.  :P

Nobody knows how to do math anymore because of calculator use, unless they are a big math brain like Rain Man or something.  lol 

I'm an accountant and I can't do any hard math worth a hoot.  Especially long division.

It doesn't help that every college math course you take now is on the computer.
It's a standard now, you do all your homework, quizzes, pre-tests on a computer program.
Then you have to go take your tests on paper. :roll:
SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it!!!!!!  :noo: :frustrated: :-? :mad:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I am up. Barely. Had my days off changed for the week to cover Saturday for a slug that didn't wanna work. Today's goal is to wander to the library in Rusty and do a whole lot of nothing. May possibly do some cleanup on the yard.

Melody

Trying to do some unexpected coordinating.  Have friends in OK that are turning 30 and not yet gotten close with anyone.  He's turning 30 in a few weeks and when his wife asked who he'd like to celebrate with, he got really down because there's really no one around.  So I'm trying to see if any of our mutual friends up here could go.  It'd be a surprise, he'd probably cry with elation.  She's holding back the tears just at the thought of the fellowship. 

The Purple Fuzzy

We'll be married 30 years next month.  When you said someone was turning 30 it reminded me.

Melody

Congrats! 

There are 3 couples going so far. 4 other "maybes."  It's one of those things being right after the holidays and it's a 5hr. drive that we'll all be making down in the morning and back the same day, that makes it a hard call.  I think we're going to carpool with another couple to help save on gas.  Perhaps, others will too.  Can't wait to see his face when we show up!

MsJennJenn

Melodya - check this out. Thought you might like it.

http://www.familylife.com/
Right hand side
Family Life Today Radio: Understanding Our Motivation for Eating
Listen to today's program
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 03, 2013, 08:21:23 PM

Right hand side

Will do!  Thanks sweet lady! :)

Heather

I'll be 30 this month. Anyone want to come help me celebrate? I'm sure no one around here will want to [except B].

Learned to draw blood from a dog today. I took my own dog in to learn though. I woulda felt bad stabbing someone elses dog. Also our full-time kennel employee was fired today. All I have to say is it's about time.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 03, 2013, 06:41:29 AM
Ow ow ow ow OW!

2.5 weeks was too much time off.  I got out of shape.  Today at work I think I pulled a calf muscle.  (Insert Cheese-y Seth's cow joke here.)

I've had pulled pork, never had pulled veal.  :smirk2:

Went to work and came home and went to church and came home, and such, among other things.

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 03, 2013, 09:10:13 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 03, 2013, 08:21:23 PM

Right hand side

Will do!  Thanks sweet lady! :)

That wasn't a sweet lady, that was Fairy Cakes.  Whatchoo tawkin' bout?

Roscoe

Melody

Quote from: HeatherB on January 04, 2013, 12:42:50 AM
I'll be 30 this month. Anyone want to come help me celebrate? I'm sure no one around here will want to [except B].

I truly would if 1. Nathan said yes.  2. It was as close as this trip.  The only way we are taking it is cause we are carpooling.  Which will make the trip a whopping $75 for us.