"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Okay- we finally got power back on. And no matter how romantic and peaceful it may seem to live an Amish lifestyle, without modern troubles and convienence- it's for the BIRDS. Bring on the smog, traffic, noise, hustle and bustle, whatever. Just don't take my electricity away again...:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on February 06, 2014, 12:50:35 AM
Okay- we finally got power back on. And no matter how romantic and peaceful it may seem to live an Amish lifestyle, without modern troubles and convienence- it's for the BIRDS. Bring on the smog, traffic, noise, hustle and bustle, whatever. Just don't take my electricity away again...:pound:

I'll take my modern conveniences and its troubles any day.  Would not want to live the Amish lifestyle.

Heather

*HUGS* Mel and Chel and Ruby and Mel again.  :hug:

I have very dear friends who used to be Amish. It was interesting seeing their home go through transformations. When I met them, they had electric in most rooms and running water [but only to the kitchen sink!]. It was quite fun.

I have my first test tomorrow. I feel pretty confident in knowing the material but I'm still a nervous wreck. I always am about stuff like this.

My cousin talked me into trying this exercise program called T25. It's kicking my hind parts. It's by the same people who did P90X if any of you guys know what that is.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on February 06, 2014, 01:30:46 AM
and running water [but only to the kitchen sink!].

The kitchen sink is the one place we do not have running water to. 

:smirk2:

Roscoe

:hi: Lord, it is bonechilling cold today. Our high is only supposed to be around 26 today....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

The radio said it was 22 when I got up but my car said it was 27 on the way to work.

Chseeads

Backseat Radio

Heather

We are sitting right around 30 right now. There was no precipitation in the forecast when I checked but we just had some snow flurries.  :roll: Weathermen......

Test is done. I was naturally having a nervous breakdown over nothing. Only a few questions I was unsure of.

Stay warm everyone!!!

MelodyB

43 here right now. I was wondering why I got cold and had to find my other blanket last night, the temp dropped and I sleep by the window.

Working later. at 2. Please say a prayer that I dont hurt as bad tonight and tomorrow as I did on my first day. I like the job, but if I keep hurting, Ill begin to resent going. LOL
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Speaking of Amish, we watched a documentary yesterday called "Shunned."  I was surprised in the lack of actual BibLical education.  I had no idea that not much Christ really gets preached.  I couldn't do it, I would ask too good of questions and end up leaving.  Also, because of the lack of actual personal relationship with Jesus taught, people that leave have culture shock and it didn't seem like they really pursue Truth in Christ.  But that was one documentary.  Lol. There is a big Amish community near where I grew up. A lot of the teens leave and try tons of craziness and then come back. Drugs are a problem.

Backseat Radio

The Purple Fuzzy

We are acquainted with a guy that's in charge of a group called Amish to Apostolic.  He used to be Amish.

MsJennJenn

It's still about 20 degrees and it's still snowing here. Ridiculous. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Bah. High today was supposed to be 26. That would be a heat wave.  Highest I've saw today was 19. And it is snowing. ...by all reports from my home county 50 miles from me,snowing so hard it is nearly a blizzard. Bah. I've gotten our tax refund ib and I want a steak tonight. This winter junk better not mess that plan up. :pound:

Heather

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 06, 2014, 04:24:37 PM
We are acquainted with a guy that's in charge of a group called Amish to Apostolic.  He used to be Amish.

The book is about my friends the Kings!!! I love them. They are the family I was talking about before. They are amazing people.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Melody

Andrew makes an awesome salad. He even made the salad dressing.   He's going to make a good husband.  :)

Chseeads

Went to work and did errands and came home and tended fowl and fixing to go to church.

I'm tired of winter, cold, snow, blah blah blah.  Good gravy.

Dad is 80 today. 

Everybody's gettin' old.  :smirk2:

Heather

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 06, 2014, 09:06:00 PM
My hubby talks to David on the phone some.

I haven't met a woman sweeter than Sis Barbara King is. Also I didn't know if it was known that Elona's step-brother is married to their daughter Katie. The King's were at Jason and Elona's wedding  :cool:

It's my atrociously long day at work tomorrow and my Saturday to work as well.

The Purple Fuzzy