News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 10, 2014, 07:48:34 PM
About to get a bit of groceries. All sorts of nuts are expensive.  It's a little annoying.  I'm tired of actual clean food being more than chemical food.  I REALLY don't want to get diabetes, MS, Alzheimer's, migraines, cancers, high blood pressure, heart problems, IBS, etc.  *sigh*

Yea that. I hate that trying to eat healthier - even not 100% still tacks on $20 or more dollars to my grocery bill. It's ROUGH on the wallet to eat healthy. Very, very frustrating.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

I'm sick of the cold weather. 

Dad's digging through insurance papers and junk and getting upset and wanting to be killed again.  Great.  :roll:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Roscoe

Feel like I'm waiting for the ax to fall in regards to weather. At this point I am hoping FOR snow, as long as it doesn't cause the power to go out, so I can stay home from work tomorrow. I really don't want to go in, and if this winter mess is gonna linger, I might as well get some good out of it. :smirk:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Roscoe

Bah. The ice/snow went, of all places, south of me. I had to come to work today. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

You poor soul.

It's colder than patootey.  My phone says -3 at the moment. 

Over it, over it, over IT.

The Purple Fuzzy

Ours went South, too and it's 34 this morning instead of the 27 they predicted.

Melody

It was -3* here too when I took Andrew to school this morning.  Yesterday, at 16* the snow was melting in the sun.  God is awesome.  By time it ran down the roof, some of it refroze to be icicles off the gutters. My porch is a potential death trap.  Lol

My smoothie was so sweet this morning it was almost gross.   :-?

Chseeads

Should've added a few more "bitter herbs."  :hypocrite:

I need some Xanax today.

Heather

Decent day weather wise here. Hanging around 30 and kinda windy. Our snow is supposed to start falling tomorrow. 4-6 inches by Thursday morning.

Have had my 3 tests now. Feel really good about 2 of them. I'm a bit worried about my Theatre test. That's what I get for taking a 73 year old TV actors class....senile questions.....

I burnt the roof of my mouth with my pizza at lunch. It hurts.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

As a fellow Tennessean, you should know better. It never snows when they predict it will.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

It's starting to ice here. You can see it on the trees & my side mirrors were covered.

taco_harvell

Doctor visit today that was a bit discouraging. First we have to get enrolled in ObamaDon'tCare on a plan we can't afford so I can see a doctor I desperately need to see. I still have an infection in my low back and start a third round of meds for it tomorrow. They have no clue on where to go with the headache issues. Once I have insurance they are talking about sending me to UVA or Duke. Meanwhile I still can't work or drive. Prayers appreciated!

In better news they're predicting up to 10 inches of snow tomorrow night. I hope they're wrong and we get 2 feet!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

ObamaDontCare.   :laughhard:

Youth conference this wknd. You're all invited.  :)

MelodyB

I cant complain about the weather much, it  was *69 here today, bright and sunny! Supposed to rain tonight and drop to *50, but still not as bad as yall. :P (so far no rain at our house though)

We went to Grannys today and burned up her yard and the woods. I took two pictures, but it was before the fire got started good.

Also, last night, a stray dog wandered up to her back porch. A beautiful German Shepard. So Aaron and I claimed him. He was very skinny and he was really shy at first, he wouldnt get anywhere near us for several hours, but after a big bowl of food and some fresh water, and a LOT of coaxing, he comes around now. We think he was dropped off on the highway and wandered back thru the woods to her house. He has a limp and is scratched up some, so we think he was thrown from a car or abused...he has a collar, but no tags, he was so skinny, he prolly hasnt eaten a good meal in over a week. We named him Winston, after Jameis Winston the quarterback for FSU. (MY idea...heheh) Granny of course will not have him in the house, so he is free to roam the yard and the woods, and if this house sells and my cousins get a new house with a yard, we will take him with us. But as long as he hangs around Grannys, we will keep him as OUR dog. :) 

In other news, I got two texts today asking me about updates on my Mom, and I realized that I hadn't updated anyone in awhile.

She finally had surgery on Friday, and they put three pins in her leg above her knee. Surgery was good, it all went well. She has more good times with her mind now than she did have, most of her marbles are back and have stayed for the most part. She still cannot get up alone, and they are working with her with therapy.

The thing with Dad...*sigh* at one point we were told that the police were looking for him and gonna arrest him, but that never happened. YET. He got REAL snappy with my brothers when they were there, and said so many bad things about my deceased Uncle and my Aunt Linda that Chad actually rebuked him in the Name of Jesus right there in the hospital room. He had been yelling and screaming and carrying on like he does, and Chad rebuked him and he shut up for the rest of the day. He was quiet but Chad said he had this mean and evil look that he never came out of. John said that the boldness and anointing that came on Chad at that moment scared HIM. It was POWERFUL! He was glad he wasnt the one being rebuked. Then Mom got bold and said a few things to Dad she had been needing to say for awhile. She felt safe while the boys were there.

We still dont know what is going to happen long term. Mom said she doesnt want to be around him anymore if he is going to be violent. And the boys and I want her to live in Panama city in a home where Chad can look after her for the most part. John and I will only be 1.5 hours away and can visit more often.

So there it is. Ive been quiet for awhile cause I just didnt have the mental strength to deal with typing out this mess. I am loving my job, I love being here with my favorite cousins and belonging to a real family who actually loves one another and doesn't yell...(Well except Jessica, but she has mental handicaps so yelling is part of that.) I love the church and my friends and my new life. I feel I got away from my last situation just in time. But its still a lot to deal with, especially long distance now.

OH! This weekend my other cousins who Pastor a church in Port St Joe, sent us all the BOTT DVDs. So tonight we watched two of them. Bro Williams and Bro Robinette. I keep looking for my cousins, or my brother and Aunt, or Melodya and Nathan, but didnt see any of them. I saw a few friends and preachers I know, but not any of the people I was looking for. Where were yall sitting, Melodya?

Ok...that is all. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

nwlife

Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

Newsman

Wheeeeeee!!

Bobby's pink kitchen - but, at least it's Princess-Approved!
Lady Melodya's special herb collection and leafy brownies
Seth's love for idiots and rotten carrots in his lunch.
Mini is hoping he and Chellebelle have triplets.
Lady JennJenn's secret? wish to have a good ole pale redneck guy sweep her off her feet, carry her away to the country, and only come back to a 'city' of 3,000 for groceries once a month.

hmm.... how is everyone? :)

John  :waving:

Chseeads

Lynx

Melody: Definitely keep that one. That is one intelligent dog. Just look at his eyes.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Melody, if you are looking from the platform, we are on the far right side 2 section back. The wall for the stairs is right there by us. We were never far enough back to be under the balcony.

SippinTea

Mel, thanks for the update. I'd been worrying/wondering but I know you're under a lot of pressure and probably didn't need me hounding you for answers. :) I can pray even when I don't know all the details. :) *HUGS*

That dog is beautiful, btw. :)

Melodya, do you have any tips/tricks for making sweet stuff that's gluten-free? Like, cinnamon rolls or cookies or..... something?? *lol*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

You can pretty much copy anything but actual chewy rolls/bread.

Cinnamon roll muffins, there are lots of great cookies out there. The trick I have found is not going for the GF flours that are empty starches. Flours with lots of protein make the difference. Quinoa, millet, almond, etc.  Namaste is a good brand that I like of "mixes."