News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I've never actually eaten snow cream. I wish I could though!

Finally had my English class tonight. A month into school and it finally wasn't canceled due to weather or illness. I really like my teacher. I really like ALL my teachers. I've been very fortunate to get great classes with great teachers my first semester back. Of course ask me about this in a week after I've had 3 exams and we'll see if I still feel the same way.  :cool:

Mel-How has your job been? Any update on your mom?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Backseat Radio

snow has officially hit northern Indiana and its coming down fast and furious.  Road conditions are bad enough that I ran over a curb trying to turn a corner and then slid at another intersection trying to get home from work.  Was crazy enough to make another trip out to go to the post office in this stuff.  Local school system is already closed for tomorrow. We'll see if church gets canceled tomorrow too.

sunlight

Quote from: HeatherB on February 04, 2014, 06:59:06 PM
I currently do not have curtains. I have one giant window in my room with blinds that cover the entire length. I keep them open during the day because I like sunlight. [also to make sure none of my neighbors hit my car]. They get closed at night because there is a streetlight in the parking lot that shines right into my room. I like it dark at night.  :cool:

I like you too!!!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Mom was moved to a regular room on Sunday and was doing fine it seemed. I called her room and she talked and talked. She sounded better than she had sounded in years. Then yesterday I found out that she was officially diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. All that has went on in the last few months (Dads conflict with my Uncle/Pastor, them getting kicked out, the drama with Allan, Uncle Jerry dying, and my arguing with dad that ultimately led to my moving) It sent her over the top....then dad taking her off all her pain meds cold turkey just added to it. She was supposed to have surgery on her leg and have a rod placed in it. The surgery was scheduled for this morning. So this morning I get a call from Dad saying they were just about to put her under and her heart rate dropped and almost stopped, so they rushed her back to ICU for closer monitoring. About 10:30 tonight, her heart actually did stop, and she died. But they shocked her back. She is stable now, and somehow my brother got to talk to her. He said he prayed for her over the phone and she cried and cried. But she still didnt know who he was, and what was going on.

We dont know what is going to happen. Drs dont give her much hope for recovery from this heart condition. And if she does physically recover, they dont know if she will remain out of it, or if she will snap back and start talking normal again, cause she comes and goes. Chad said that if she gets out, he is going to try to get power of attorney and mover her to Panama City into a nursing home there. With or without dad. We now have reason to believe, (because of SEVERE bruising that Drs say is inconsistent with her falling AND because of things she told me and my Aunt when she was lucid and talking normal) that dad has hit her with his cane and and slapped her, all the while saying things like "No one will believe you, youre a drug head and everyone knows it. Go ahead and call someone, they wont believe YOU over me!"

I have heard him say things like that before to her, although he had never hit any of us before recently. But I believe what she said now, cause of the way he acted on Thanksgiving when he was yelling at me and hitting me. And how else would she have bruises that dont match the fall, but match what she told my Aunt and I?

Its a mess. Im so sick of this drama! Even 300 miles away and Im still feeling stressed and guilt about it. What if....never mind. :smirk2:

I have only been to work one day. Yesterday.

I met John at WalMart cause he was going to buy my work shoes for me. So he did and I went to work at two. I went in, was taught how to clock in, and then was shown how to clean and prepare whole chickens for rotisserie. Took me two hours to prepare 8 cases of raw whole chickens...(about 15-16 chickens per case). Then I helped serve the deli hot bar, and then washed some pots in the pot sinks, and mopped the floor. I made a new friend who was training me, and all the store employees who came over in our area was super nice and friendly, and then I went home. I worked only 5 hours and I was EXAUSTED!! I got home, Donna had dinner almost ready, so I took a shower, put on my PJs, fixed my plate, ate, and went straight to bed. I was in bed asleep by 8;30pm. I woke up this morning SO SORE!! But I was off today and Im off tomorrow. I go back at 2 on Thursday and again on Saturday.

Aside from being tired and hurting, (Ill get used to it and back in the groove...) I really liked the job and the people. The job itself is not hard, its the same work im used to, and the people are nice. I think Ill like it there...if only I could get more hours so my paycheck is decent. Im making $8.25/hr.

Thats my update, Im headed to bed.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Eight cases with fifteen (minimum) chickens per case is 120 chickens... You were doing a chicken per minute.   Not  bad for your first day.

With the doctor's diagnosis about the bruises, you should be able to get power of attorney.  Get the doctor to write (and sign) a statement to that effect. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Mel, what you are describing definately sounds like abuse. Most jurisdictions will go out of their way to place an older person, or one who has mental issues, in the care of someone who will do the right thing, with power of attorney, ect.
We've went through the whole "make no sense" thing a couple of times. My Mama, when initially diagnoised with Alzhiemer's/dementia, displayed symptoms like that. Doctors said that basically, she'd had what used to be called  a nervous breakdown, due to stress, and she never came back from it. She'd had the stress of dealing with an impossible 90 year old father, and my dad's health issues, and just couldn't take it.
Had a similar issue with my late aunt a couple of years ago, to the point she was seeing flying cars and talking to her dead husband.
Sometimes, the nursing home is the best choice, no matter how distasteful it might be. Don't beat yourself up- you went far and above what many would do, and no one can say that you didn't prove that you loved them..

And morning all. We are still without power. My phone would let me get enough service to get online a couple times last night, but not much. On the bright side- the propane heater I had installed in the shop is a hoss. I brought it in last night and jury rigged a window to allow the gas line to pass through, then sealed it up with pipe insulation. On the second stage, not only did it keep the whole house comfortable, it actually raised the tempurature from 75 degrees to 78. I was impressed- it still had another two burners I could have lit. I think I'm going to move it indoors and set it up permenantly for emergencies. It's good looking and won't look bad at all...
The roads were fine. So I'm back at work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

I really need some prayer the Atypical Migraine with right side weakness has  come back with a vengeance. Most of yesterday I spent laying in bed in to much pain to moves except for the few times the medicines actually kicked in.

I promised to help with food pantry today so I'm getting ready now but with every move my head feels like I want to scream.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Quote from: sunlight on February 05, 2014, 05:47:57 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on February 04, 2014, 06:59:06 PM
I currently do not have curtains. I have one giant window in my room with blinds that cover the entire length. I keep them open during the day because I like sunlight. [also to make sure none of my neighbors hit my car]. They get closed at night because there is a streetlight in the parking lot that shines right into my room. I like it dark at night.  :cool:

I like you too!!!

Clever, dear.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

As of October 1st - CVS will not longer sell any form of tobacco products!! :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Backseat Radio

Looked out the window this morning to see my area got at least half a foot of snow.  All the schools in the area closed today.  I'm expecting a call sometime this afternoon saying church is canceled too.

Lynx

And the only thing in our forecast is rain, just more and more rain. You guys are killing me over here.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

Yeah, I'm fully expecting church to get cancelled tonight here, as well.

Quote from: Roscoe on February 05, 2014, 12:32:13 PM
Sometimes, the nursing home is the best choice, no matter how distasteful it might be. Don't beat yourself up- you went far and above what many would do, and no one can say that you didn't prove that you loved them..

That. Love you, Mel. I'm so sorry for all that you've been going through. Praying God gives you strength and help. Glad your first day on the job went well!!

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Backseat Radio

I suppose I should go shovel out my sidewalk. Still no word about church tonight.

Melody

Our poor dog, couldn't hardly find a place to go this morning.  The snow was up to his tummy. 

http://s203.photobucket.com/user/MeloYellow79/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trim48637DA2-728D-4C04-98AA-ED8CC3BAAC9A_zps55b78b7b.mp4.html

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 05, 2014, 03:05:02 PM
As of October 1st - CVS will not longer sell any form of tobacco products!! :clap:

They'll have to cut your pay to make up for revenue loss.

Chseeads

Now you can eat that snow cream made of snow that everybody is supposedly posting pics of on youtube trying to burn it with fire and saying it scorches, turns black, and stinks like burning plastic and not a drop of it melts from heat.

Melody

really?  Most people use condensed milk in theirs, that's the part that is probably burning.  You have to stir it quickly or the snow melts while your making the snow cream. 

Lynx

Mom used to use regular old milk, vanilla and sugar. (Condensed milk just has a funny taste.) Snow cream is not quite as good as Blue Bell homemade vanilla, but it's almost as good.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Seth: those people probably got some fake snow from a stage set or something. It used to be made of mica, but now I think it's made of plastic.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

finally got the call confirming that church tonight has been canceled.  Half a foot of snow doesn't seem like much till you get out there shoveling it.

Melody

School is cancelled for tomorrow.  4th snow day.   -25* windchill is the reason. 

All these snow days put a dent in my routine.  I feel like taking coffee. all. day.

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 05, 2014, 07:31:03 PM
really?  Most people use condensed milk in theirs, that's the part that is probably burning.  You have to stir it quickly or the snow melts while your making the snow cream. 

lol....not the snow cream, the snow. 

There was a big stir about chemicals and conspiracies and it not really even being snow and who knows what.

But there was a video rebutting those showing that a snow ball absorbs the water back into itself as you apply heat to it, and the charring is deposits from the flame source.