News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Well. The government enforced savings account, aka tax refund, hit the bank today.:clap: I was really pleased- we were able to take care of some things we needed too, and, since we are not planning on an actual vacation this year, we decided to purchase some much need household items.
Every since we've been married (ten years) we've made due with a hodgepodge of hand me down furniture. I don't think we've ever had matching things. Much to Lou's delight, we went to a furniture store tonight and spent a ton of cash- for us anyway. The haul included a new leather couch (dual recliners), two leather recliners, all matching,  and a new dining room table with six chairs.
My inner jew came out to play and bargained them down a couple hundred bucks from their asking price since we bought so much.
After leaving the furniture store we went to dinner, which was great and had some of the best waitstaff ever. Today was actually weird. Instead of surly salespeople and inept, rude waitstaff, we had possibly the best of both professions serve us. Kinda rare in my world. It made me pleased.
Now, I need it to not snow, ect. tomorrow so I can go pick up the furniture...
Now to finish the painting project in the kitchen and we will have the first half of the house redone...maybe.

Oh, and I ordered my ham radio beam I wanted. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I've decided the only time I will buy living room furniture new is if I can buy the kelly green couch from Ikea. That couch makes me drool. Sigh.

Otherwise, I will Craigslist it - and recover! Furniture is ridiculously expensive, and I just can't pay it. Yowza!
The current living room furniture I have I bought on Craigslist almost brand new for $200. A couch and two matching chairs.
The table and six chairs - again Craigslist $80. haha 
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Backseat Radio

Made it through another busy day at work.   Temp outside is 4 below zero. 

Lynx

Bobby:  With you and a dog and a daughter all piled up in the chair, one of those recliners at least should be broken in before nightfall. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

I have to go see the vampires today.

Anyone know how to say Prayer Request Card in Spanish?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

going to a Hymn Singing tonight.  Outta be fun.  I just hope my voice holds out.

Melody

I'm asking my Spanish speaking friend, Taco.  I'll post as soon as she answers. Unless someone else answers first.  :)

It's about to be a hectic weekend.  Have a great one, all you wonderfuls. 

Backseat Radio

called my tax preparer this morning to set up an appointment only to find out I'd already been scheduled an appointment for next Friday morning.  Didn't know I had an appointment since I didn't get the tax preparation packet in the mail this year.  Thankfully the appointment they'd already given me works really well with my schedule. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

I don't trust my ability with anything math related especially not complicated tax forms. Prefer to have an expert do it for me.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's the beauty of it, you don't do any math.  You just follow instructions. ie Type in the number that is box 1A then in box 2B etc.

Roscoe

TaxAct.com has been my weapon of choice for the past several years. No math at all, just answer the questions and plug in the numbers...
And Isaac, you would think that the chair would be broken in.....but I had to wait until today to go get the furniture with the truck and trailer. And lands it was cold loading and unloading it. Like 20 degrees, and they are forecasting a few inches of white stuff, I heard.
So, with the prospect of being snowed in, I am glad we have the new furniture home, and Domino and I are currently breaking in one recliner. Meanwhile, my house looks really ghetto/redneck outside- a couch and two recliners on the porch waiting for the folks that wanted them to come get them, and a dining room table in the carport..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

No dishwasher?  Any ghetto house has to have either a washing machine or dishwasher on the front porch. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Glad to know my house won't ever be ghetto then.  Not enough room on my front porch for a wash machine or a dish washer.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 07, 2014, 09:58:12 PM
You should so take a picture of that.
Uh...no. Maybe a picture this spring, after that mess is gone, the window boxes are mounted and overflowing with blooms, the flowerbeds are manicured and the bent gutter is replaced. But not until then..:p

Chseeads

Went to work, long day, cold day, aggravating day of humans, I'm over it.

Heather

I'm with Roscoe. TaxAct has been my friend for about 7-8 years now. I don't get enough back to justify paying someone to do my taxes. Also my uncle who runs his own tax business in Baltimore told me it would be perfect for me.

Work wore me out today. I'm fighting going to sleep. I give me about 20 more minutes and I'll probably fall asleep regardless of what/where i'm at....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Snowing to beat the band here...we've got around two inches in the past couple of hours, and it's only around 19 degrees. And they say we have a "significant weather event" possible around the first part of next week. Sigh.

Backseat Radio

What a night.  :o

Left the house at 5:30 pm to meet up with the preacher and one of the other guys from church to hitch a ride to the singing and didn't get home till midnight.  On the way home from the singing we had to go back and rescue another gal from church who became extremely sick on the way home.

Chseeads

Roscoe

Well, we have a beautiful white blanket covering the area. (said sarcastically). Domino the chihuahu couldn't believe I'd put him out to do his business, I think he is mad at me now. He sure didn't waste any time though..lol