News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Heather's back, and not so blue, she has less gall in SHARING 482

Started by Lynx, April 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Bah. Back at work! Vacation was good but way too short. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Awesome service today. Went and had some japanese for lunch. Now back dozing on my moms couch. I havent been here since my surgery recovery week  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

another day full of rain. oh goody!

i refuse to let this work week be as bad as last week. its payday afterall.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Bah. Grump. And all other normal morning complaints. Come on, weekend!!! Not that it matters. 1001 things to do. Sigh.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

I'm reliably informed that a certain law enforcement officer just received a 'smite'  :hypocrite:

John  :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Wow. What a weekend. The good stuff was incredibly good! Good meetings. Good food and fellowship with my Sanctuary family. And awesome church and moves of God!

But the bad stuff...it was bad. My friend Ann nearly died Friday night/Saturday morning. She is currently in MICU with double pneumonia. She looked so horrible Saturday when I saw her that I immediately burst into tears. She couldn't even talk to me cause she couldn't catch her breath. Her BP is WAY low, and she was in horrible shape. She is much better now, but still staying in the unit cause of her low BP and a few other issues. Hopefully she will get a regular room today.

Her husband needs prayer. He isn't handling her being so sick very well at all. His first wife was killed by a drunk driver, and with Ann being in the hospital all hooked to tubes and breathing things, it's really hit him hard that he could have lost her too. It's a mess.

Now this morning, I hear that yesterday two local kids drowned in the gulf, and one of OUR kids from church knew them both really well. She didn't find out about the accident till she got to school this morning and now she is freak.ing out. Several phone calls have been made and currently Krissy and Wesley are headed to TRY to get her from her moms job and she may spend the day with me. Depending all on her super controlling mother who works all the time and doesn't like her to be with anyone. She makes her stay home most times, so hopefully her mom will listen to them.

My heart is heavy this morning for many reasons.

But.

God is good.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on May 06, 2013, 02:21:12 PM
My heart is heavy this morning for many reasons.

But.

God is good.

Yes, that.  Thank you for sharing Mel.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

I'm with Melbs too. My heart is more than heavy. It's a plethora of things today...week...month.

But God's still in control.

:sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on May 06, 2013, 12:42:17 PM
I'm reliably informed that a certain law enforcement officer just received a 'smite'  :hypocrite:

Inasmuch as I am very much human and one of my biggest battles is that of failing to turn the other cheek- well, big boy, a certain News Correspondent has also recieved a smite. Or two. Or however many I can manage to get in today.  :hypocrite:

Everybody's heart is heavy. Unfortunantly, more than my heart is heavy. Or so sayeth the scale.  :P

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on May 06, 2013, 04:15:05 PM
Everybody's heart is heavy. Unfortunantly, more than my heart is heavy. Or so sayeth the scale.  :P

The fat belongs to the Lord.

And buddy, we are quite the offerings!

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on May 06, 2013, 04:22:53 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 06, 2013, 04:15:05 PM

The fat belongs to the Lord.

And buddy, we are quite the offerings!

:ugly:
*like* I just hope He doesn't use the "all consuming fire" He used in the O.T......literally.

mini

Lynx

I blessed both of you for that one.  Always good to start the day with a hearty laugh, and that filled the bill.   :biglaugh:

In local news:  Everything I ordered last week came on the same day, today.  No fair!  It should have come over three days, so I could test stuff as it came.  Now I'll have to go to work tonight still thinking about stuff and wondering how it works. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

MelodyB:  My first impulse would be to put a small speaker in her hospital room, connected to an mp3 player that was playing the style of christian music she prefers.  Preferably something that plugs into the wall, that she wouldn't have to change the batteries.  They make speakers that will play mp3 files from an inserted flash drive - a low maintenance solution.  :D 

I just got this in the mail today, ordered it for my grandmother's hairdresser because she wanted to buy one but can't use a computer herself.  Gonna load up a flash drive with southern gospel and show her how to get it to shut up and start again, and let 'er rip.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054X8E2E/

Whoops!  I just noticed the price went up $15 since last Thursday when I ordered it... Oh well, you get the idea.  There are other models that are cheaper and will do the same job.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

We have an auditor visiting our office this week. Blah.

mini

So, now is not a good time to order take out on the company credit card, eh?

Lynx

Yeah yeah yeah!  Make mine sushi, grilled mackerel by preference, with plenty of avocado.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's for sales tax. :P

And I don't have the company credit card nor do I want it. ;)

Newsman

Where's the Setharoony? He hasn't recoiled in terror at my statement I may be in his part of Indiana this month.

Roscoe, me not scared! A bit hungry at the moment, but not scared! :)

Jeremy, the phrase you used, Bro Hampton used at camp meeting over 20 years ago, then said (over the mic) that he and I should be doing fine.

Happy Monday to all!

Wheeeeee

Lynx

By the way guess what I caught last weekend. I caught a 7 pound... laptop. Somebody was selling it on eBay because the Windows had messed up. When I got it today I checked it and there was nothing wrong with the hardware, so I sent him a message to make sure he knew what he was selling. He said keep it because they already bought another computer.

So... would anybody like a laptop? When I get a new computer I usually find somebody to take the lowest computer in my collection, but right now I cannot think of anybody here who needs one.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

By the way I should probably mention the computer I'm getting rid of is no great shakes as a computer. It will get the job done if you want to browse the internet, check your facebook, check email, watch a youtube video, etc.
"Do you sing at church?"