News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Heather's back, and not so blue, she has less gall in SHARING 482

Started by Lynx, April 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

It's supposed to snow on Saturday.. while I'm supposed to be at Silver Dollar City. Irony hits again!

Melody

It's snowing giant snowflakes. On a background of green grass and tulips. 

Baaaah!!

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Yea it's about 47 here an the wind is so atrocious it feels like 19!
So ridiculous! The weather has issues! It's may!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

We broke the record for latest snow today.  Old record was April 18th, set in 1953(?) and today we got snow May 2, 2013!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 03, 2013, 01:17:10 PM
It's about 40 here. Unusual for May.
Likewise. And I ain't liking it none. Kim's got the Canyon because her truck is broke again, and Rusty don't like the rain. We much prefer the 70+ degrees of the past week.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Now we have rain.  Been a cold, wet day pretty much all day.  Good day for taking long naps.  Unfortunately I couldn't get the boss at work to see it that way. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Kim

Anybody want to hear a funny story?  Kind of embarrassing, but if I don't tell it, Bobby probably will.   So the fuel pump goes out in my truck.  Iget it fixed and on my way to Russellville, which is about 20 miles away, the truck starts acting up on me.  Dying every time I slow down to stop.  So naturally, I'm thinking the fuel filter must have gotten some trash in it from the changing of the fuel pump.  So while at the part store in Russellville, I buy a filter for it.  Fight it all the way back to town, and get to the exit on the freeway that I needed to get off at, and it dies AGAIN, and WILL NOT START.  So, I do the only logical thing I know to do, and call the little brother.   Meanwhile still trying to start the truck.  Get it started and take off toward the house.  Pass Bobby on the way, which wasn't noticed by either one of us.  I call his cell phone and finally get ahold of him.  He turns around and comes back, only to find me on the side of the road AGAIN.   He asks me if I'm sure I have enough gas in the truck.  Well, of course........the gas hand is showing a quarter of a tank.  We get the Canyon, and my husband and I hook a chain to it, and pull it to my mechanics house.(the one who put the fuel pump in for me.)  He gets in the truck, turns the key on, and proceeds to tell me that I am out of gas! :o   How can that be possible!?!  It is showing a quarter of a tank!!!! :reaction:  So I go to town, get gas in a jug, bring it back, pour it in the truck, and VOILA!   Magic!!!   Never mind how many gas stations I passed on the way there and back that I could have stopped and got gas at!!!        In my defense though, something wasn't the same on the new pump, so now when my truck says a quarter of a tank,  IT IS EMPTY!!!  Who would have guessed that?  Talk about a bad night.............

Lynx

Two things I expect to work and work right - speedometer and gas gauge.  If either one doesn't work, find a sucker to buy the car and get another one.

Though I think the gas gauge can be recalibrated.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

So can the speedometer... For a lot less than the cost of a new ride too...

Lynx

I notice with some trepidation that Chel is posting more lately.  Though it is good to see her again, I must wonder what she's up to...  Whenever she frequents the forum, if past is precedent, it means she is plotting a trip.  :updown:
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

sunlight

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on May 04, 2013, 05:45:14 AM
Anybody want to hear a funny story?  Kind of embarrassing, but if I don't tell it, Bobby probably will.    Who, me? Never. :hypocrite: Who would have guessed that?  Uh- the little brother, perhaps? The one that stood at the side of the road and told you that you were out of gas?  :P :P I TOLD YOU SO!!! :P :P
Bah. In other sharing, it is cold. Not pretty and 70 like it should be. And my garden is too wet for me to plant the plants I have on the carport....maybe monday night. I just hope me watering them is enough to keep them alive until I can get them in the ground....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 04, 2013, 05:24:46 PM
Anybody want to hear a funny story?  Kind of embarrassing, but if I don't tell it, Bobby probably will.    Who, me? Never. :hypocrite: Who would have guessed that?  Uh- the little brother, perhaps? The one that stood at the side of the road and told you that you were out of gas?  :P :P I TOLD YOU SO!!! :P :P
My, that must have been very cathartic for you.   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I have some stuff I need to plant, too. Hopefully they won't freeze at this point.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 04, 2013, 05:41:49 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 04, 2013, 05:24:46 PM
My, that must have been very cathartic for you.   :teeth:
Yes. It were. :ugly:
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 04, 2013, 06:18:56 PM
I have some stuff I need to plant, too. Hopefully they won't freeze at this point.
Think I'm safe there.....it ain't supposed to get near freezing, just upper 30's low 40's here...I think.

The Purple Fuzzy

Got mine planted. Some more tomatoes, some squash, some cucumbers and jalapeƱos.

Heather

Not much going on other than allergy nonsense and my general distain for people I work with. I may or may not be contemplating ways to kill the step brat.

Brandon finally borrowed a mower and we now don't have thigh high grass anymore!!

Went and dogsat today for a client from the vets office. Going to stay at moms tomorrow through thursday and watch her Huxley while the rest of my family goes on a mini vacation [convienently scheduled when i can't afford to go....] to DC.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Newsman