News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Heather's back, and not so blue, she has less gall in SHARING 482

Started by Lynx, April 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmymbir

Oh and thank you melody for saying that when you know I don't like it ... lol you dork fish!
Thanks 5-O! I'm proud of them and can't wait to get more.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Melody

I can relate Kmymbir.

Andrew has a concert tonight and Nathan is preaching. So Hannah goes with Daddy and I take Andrew.  Just a few more weeks and I will have a high schooler.  But wait!  Seems like I was just in hs 5 yrs ago.  Too bad it was 15.

I_am_so_old.  👵

Heather

I was denied readmittance to ETSU for the fall of 2013. I was however admitted into the fresh start program at ETSU for spring of 2014  :clap: [which was the program I wanted to do anyway. It's starting ALL over.]

I had my review at work today. The fact I was ill and had to have surgery was held against me. As was my boss' step-brat's feelings about me.  :roll: I can't wait to go back to college.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: Lands, I'm tired. Been working myself to death, spring cleaning on the yard. Haven't even had time to text Mini, or snoop, or Taco, which is a daily thing for me. :sadbounce: The yard is looking good though, and I've got the garden halfway ready to plant the $30 worth of plants and seeds I've got. Think I overdid it on the garden size. I may need Meller to send me some seedlings to fill up the space. :freaky2:
I hauled off a trailer load of scrap metal, old appliances, ect and made $40. I celebrated by buying steaks and inviting a young couple who has been attending our church to come over for dinner. We had a great time...
And in regards to church- this young couple knew nothing about Pentecost. Problems in their past and bad backgrounds... they've been attending for a couple months now. During this time, I felt I needed to point out Scriptures to them explaining stuff like prayer for the sick, tongues, and other things, so I have...as unobtrusively as possible, being near them and when the moment was right showing them the appropriate scripture. They came and sat in one of my Sunday School classes, which turned into a question and answer session on the Holy Ghost. I told them to take their time, learn,listen, and study, and above all else let God lead them.
Sunday night- while we were out of town of course-:mad: the girl wound up at the altar sobbing and praying, nearly got the Holy Ghost. She told us tonight it was the greatest thing she ever felt, and she can't wait until tomorrow night to go pray again! She wants to get baptized, and she took a huge bag of clothes from Lou... We are overjoyed. This young couple (21 and 20) have become very special to us. They WANT to learn, but they are taking their time. I think it's good...they are getting grounded and setting down some roots. Perhaps God is sending us someone to replace those that have fallen through... :clap: :clap2: And yes, Meller, I did use part of that bible study you sent me on them..no doubt sometime soon we will conclude it..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I can't knock people who take their time.  I took a good two years to decide, while I was going to church mostly because my family went.  When I did decide though, I knew exactly what I was getting into and WHY I was getting into it.   :cool: Nobody argued me into it, nobody shouted me into it, nobody can argue or shout me out of it. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Lots of wonderful things happening all over. It's so uplifting to come in here and read about people getting the HG and disciples being made. I am OVERjoyed Roscoe!  You pretty much are teaching them a Bible study already and for some people, the lack of structure takes the pressure off rather than having a set time.  So exciting! 

And I sent you hemp seeds already.  :P

Nathan got his license last wknd. It was a powerful experience that I don't have time to share right this moment. There were 10 ladies, married and unmarried, that got their licenses this time around, some local and some general.  That was a perspective changer.  And I believe there were 2 ordinations.  I am forever changed.

Tonight, a few of us are getting together for a prayer mtg.  We will see what God will do with that for His glory. 

Oh. And it's supposed to snow this week. Today will be nearly 80 again. Lol

Lynx

Ten ladies out of how many total license applicants?  What was the percentage?

I hear that back when the pentecostal movement began, something like 43% of ministers were women.  Don't ask me to back it up though, that figure was quoted in a UPCI Youth Congress class.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Nathan thinks 21 total got a license of some sort.  I know two from Urshan were getting their general.  That makes about 70 licensed ministers in our section. Idk how many in our state. 

Someone asked me why women, especially married would want theirs.  I didn't know since that's not something I'm interested in.  But last wknd I asked a few that I know and the answers were pretty awesome with very meek spirits.

It does stretch far beyond the pulpit though.  There's foreign missions- teaching in their Bible schools, so many if not all? hospitals and prisons, even womens' prisons require a general license which is a chaplan's status. 

Lynx

I would be glad to hear some of the reasons you heard.  Just out of curiosity.  It costs money every quarter to have a minister's license, so I'm assuming they want it for more than just a piece of paper that says they are officially ministers.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I hope that's not too controversial for you all.  Lol  I came into the UPCI thinking it was all white and perhaps chauvinist.  Grant it, that was 14 yrs ago. I am so glad it's not the case, at least in many places.  Learning the contrary blesses my heart so much because I can boldly refute when others say such. Growing up/ in the PAW I heard all kinds of things about the UPC that weren't true, or true anymore. I still hear family that is misinformmed about the UPC as a whole.  I know therebare still pockets of places that haven't grown as much yet, but they will.

Lynx

Actually it did used to be all white, for purely legal reasons.  Segregation y'know.  That's why we split, because staying together would run into legal trouble, and the split was amicable and logical for the society as it was at that time.  Apparently some people didn't get the word that the split was reasonable and amicable. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 01, 2013, 04:37:02 PM
I would be glad to hear some of the reasons you heard.  Just out of curiosity.  It costs money every quarter to have a minister's license, so I'm assuming they want it for more than just a piece of paper that says they are officially ministers.

The ones I listed earlier about other ministries that require a chaplan's level. Also, some wives are also having ministry opportunities toward womens functions and they not only want the training of that level of ministry but also the evidence and support of the high quality ministry they are bringing.  They want to be a part of the movement as a whole.

One friend told me that aside from the above that the UPC has poured so much into her that how could she not give back.  She said, "This is my whole life."  That gripped my heart.  She is married to a preacher and she has a servant's heart.  She wants to represent Jesus but also the UPC, apostolic-pentecostal movement. 

I think many of them are already on that level and it is a career choice.  I know one lovely lady is a childrens minister.

I don't think it's about needing the card to compete or prove they're some kind of equality but that they are in fact in that  vein and pursue their license for the very reasons any man does. 

I don't think that people who lack such a big world view get it, not understanding the massive amount that women are already doing around the world.  I feel like saying that because even though I am aware of foreign missions things, I had not yet seen it yet as I do now.  Perhaps Igot a bit of revelation?  There is no call for it in my life but I now see why there would be in others'. 

We have women missionaries for countries already.  That's a really big deal because it's mostly administration and leadership that they're doing, having already a ton of ministry under their belts, including preaching.  Pretty facinatinv really when I step beyond my American view and see with a kingdom view.

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 01, 2013, 04:55:05 PM
Actually it did used to be all white, for purely legal reasons.  Segregation y'know.  That's why we split, because staying together would run into legal trouble, and the split was amicable and logical for the society as it was at that time.  Apparently some people didn't get the word that the split was reasonable and amicable.

No...lol  they really didn't.  Even the few white people in the PAW think the UPC is overall racist.  The problem is that there probably are some dysfunctional churches to point to for their evidence.  But as a whole, and I mean world wide, the UPCI is ever growing and improving.

Lynx

Man, I could have been having fun with this if I'd known they thought that...

Nah, I'll behave.  Nobody likes a troll except other trolls. 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Just had some Borden's chocolate milk and thought of Chel.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

I blessed you for that, Lady Melodya!

John  :waving:

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 29, 2013, 04:46:23 PM
I know Roscoe's gone on his vacation.  Just his though, he's got his wife and child slaving away for him, digging for diamonds at some mine.  I thought he was more progressive than that?

*waits*

:P

Newsman

SETH

I may be in Bloomington later this month...be afraid.....

John :bustamove:

P.S. It was Jessica McCrory I was chatting with

MelodyB

It stormed all evening and night. Flash floods and tornado warnings were in effect.

Not sure what the damage is yet. I have to take dad to dialysis, he can't go by himself in bad weather...so I'll take him this morning.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

And I smited you for that, Newsboy... :P
Quote from: Newsman on May 02, 2013, 04:54:23 AM
I blessed you for that, Lady Melodya!

John  :waving:

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 29, 2013, 04:46:23 PM
I know Roscoe's gone on his vacation.  Just his though, he's got his wife and child slaving away for him, digging for diamonds at some mine.  I thought he was more progressive than that?

*waits*

:P
Morning, all. My vacation time is sailing by....but I am enjoying it. Gotta go take Chey to school...toodles. :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, it's cooling off again which is strange for TX this time of year.

sunlight

The wind is awesome! And I got a real lunch break at work today! Awesomeness!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

What do you usually do?  Grab a pack of peanuts on the run?

When I was working at McDonald's it was always hectic right when I should have had a lunch break, so I never got one.  I'd just open a can of kidney beans, green beans, sweet peas or whatever, leave it in the break room and grab a bite when I went past on my way to somewhere.  My coworkers commented about it at first, but they got used to it.   :cool: Hey, a worker's gotta eat.
"Do you sing at church?"