News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Old Manaan proverb: Never argue with an angry wookie and never disparage the choices of a man with a gun. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

I would like to take this time to wish a merry ChristmaHanukKwanzAgnostic to you all! A politically correct merging of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and of course we can't forget all the Agnostics who don't celebrate anything except the availability of eggnog in supermarkets at this time of year.

If you can't remember all that, just say "Have a happy non-denominational winter season." And be sure to keep the politically correct half-smile on your face while you say it.

And by the grace of God, or by Allah, or with the inner light of Mother Earth, or by the random mutations of Evolution, or whatever you believe (or don't believe...) by any or all or none of these we will have the best ChristmaHanukKwanzAgnostic season ever!

:insert politically correct smile here:  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

If I'm not sure of a persons religious affiliation, I just say have a great holiday.

I have the Little House books. Our bookshelves are super eclectic. Brandon has a self of Michael Connelly books and a shelf of British history. We have a self of Harry Potter and Cassandra Clare series. I have a shelf of christian living, a shelf of christian fiction [Lynn Austin is my jam], world religions/yoga, fiction, non-fiction, anthropology/sociology/feminism books, etc etc etc. Oh and all our school books are on the bookshelf in the office and we both have Kindle's. Like I said.....we don't have a problem.... :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

I don't see a problem with that either.

When I moved my stuff to Tallahassee last year, I told my brother to grab a tote cause I couldn't move it...he hefted it into his truck and he said "GOOD LORD!! What's in here? BRICKS?" To which I replied "Books". He then said "WHY? Why do you have so many?" And I didn't even comment. I just stared at him. He shook his head and we kept loading the truck.

You either understand or you don't. I understand. He doesn't. He's never been a reader. And I wasn't even about to TRY to explain it to him. It wouldn't have done any good.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

My upcoming project is to build more shelf space for my yet unpacked books.

*wanders off to find my book of Robert Frost*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

I don't see anything wrong with more bookshelves... if you don't see anything wrong with my stacks and stacks of CDs.  And records. And cassettes.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

My bookshelf is double stacked front to back i have so many books.

and i don't care much for what affiliation anyone is - i still say Merry Christmas! :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I'm so frustrated right now that I think I'm going to take a hot shower and cry. I thought things were going well and then low and behold I have found out little things that Brandon has been 'omitting/lying' to me about. Today's straw that broke my back was when I was going to do laundry. Knowing that I didn't have enough money on my school ID [we have a reloading system called ID Bucs that you can use on campus for various things], I went to raid my owl bank where I throw all my change. Lo and behold, it has nothing but pennies in it because Brandon has been going through it after I go to work and taking all the silver out supposedly for drinks [aka probably cigarettes]. So now for us to have clean clothes, I have to go hang out with my sick dad on Sunday just to be able to use their washer and dryer. At least my cat is there and I get to watch football on the big screen.

Roscoe

:hi: Been a busy day. Changed a bad plug in the Canyon, grocery shopped, and finally went to Conway and bought copper line and fittings to install the Propane heater in the living room so if the power goes out we will have heat. I was concerned about running the line, since I had to flare the ends of the copper, which I'd never done- but it worked with no issues and didn't leak. I was so proud..lol
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I think there i$ a down$ide to u$ing copper line$. $omething about $carcity... 

Why DO they use something as expensive as copper anyway? Will propane corrode PVC?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 19, 2015, 01:27:16 PM
I think there i$ a down$ide to u$ing copper line$. $omething about $carcity... 

Why DO they use something as expensive as copper anyway? Will propane corrode PVC?
Actually, I believe you can use pvc. At least, the fittings,ect, I got had the ability to be put on by compression fittings. But, all the dealings I've ever had with propane used copper, with fittings placed by flaring the ends. So that's what I did. And the copper really wasn't TOO bad expensive- a 20' roll of 3/8" like I needed was somewhere around $15. What killed me was the fittings which were $5 each :o . And, since I had no clue where Daddy's flare tool and cutter was, I had to buy them. The stupid flare tool was $21....and I'll probably never use it again. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Not only that...next week you will be in the shop puttering around and you will find your Daddy's flare tool in plain sight and in perfect working condition. Hehe.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Dreary here too. I'm back at work. Got the best Christmas gift I have received in a long time last night. My pastor called me into the office after church- all I could think of is what have I done? He hands me a brightly wrapped gift and says "Merry Christmas". Inside the box was my "little buddy". Little Buddy is our pet name for a Taurus .357  snubnose revolver that I bought in 2002. I carried it for several years, and sold it to him at a discount after buying another gun because he wanted it bad. I quickly regretted it, and tried to buy it back, but he wouldn't part with it- until last night. He'd bought himself a new Glock, and decided it would be a nice gift to let me have Little Buddy back. I cried like a baby. It is now the Rusty of my guns- the one that will never leave me. And yes, it is with me today.  :P

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Note to self: Even big manly guys can... uh...

*glances at "little buddy" and quickly edits what he was about to say.

can have seller's remorse.  Yeah. Even big manly guys can have buyer/seller remorse.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Brandon just rescued a bookcase from the dumpster. We are up to 5 now.

Slept way later today than I normally would. We had my father in law in the ER from midnight to 6 am Sunday morning. Only slept a couple of hours yesterday morning before husband had to be to work and I had to go do laundry. Finally got to completely pass out last night. Slept til almost 11 today.

MsJennJenn

I've been falling asleep at my desk for the past hour. Woke up and got to work, stomach not feeling settled. Feeling bleh. So I'm just sitting here. I only work today and tomorrow this week. Then I'm off until the 29th!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Today is my last day working at the mall. It was pouring down rain this evening and so sales slowed down and the mall died about 8pm. I've been bored out of my gourd, but can't leave till 11. It's only 10:17 now. UGH!

Luckily, before the storm came I made my quota and then some for today...boss will be happy and maybe use me again.

Heather

I only work 1 day this week. That will drastically change next week. The girl that annoys the bejesus out of me put in her 2 week notice. She's leaving to work with her druggy baby daddy at a shady pizza parlor. So my hours are going through the roof until school starts. Which is fine by me. Brandon is getting dropped from 5 to 4 days at the Walmart. Trying to figure out a schedule to give my boss for when school does start.

Going to see Star Wars today!!!!!!!  :cool:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on December 22, 2015, 04:23:43 AM
Today is my last day working at the mall. It was pouring down rain this evening and so sales slowed down and the mall died about 8pm. I've been bored out of my gourd, but can't leave till 11. It's only 10:17 now. UGH!

Luckily, before the storm came I made my quota and then some for today...boss will be happy and maybe use me again.

What are you doing again Melbs?

Quote from: HeatherB on December 22, 2015, 03:05:00 PM
I only work 1 day this week.

I only work(ed) two! Yesterday and today! :clap:
Then I'm off until the 29th. I work 30/31, then am off again for the New Years weekend.
Having my annual New Years Bash!  :partyballoons:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Oh and sorry Melbs & Heather - I didn't send Christmas cards...lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I wondered if it got lost... That's ok. I didn't either. To ANYone. Not even a Birthday card to Rubes. I always at least do that.

I'm slacking.

And I was selling fudge and nuts at the mall. At a kiosk.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

We didn't send cards either. Mainly cause I can never remember to anyway.
Made it through another day. If I can get through tomorrow, I'll be off 3 days, work 2, then off 5...Ready for it. Got unwelcome news from a friend today. She's a coworker, who was raised Pentecostal Holiness. Her Dad is a pastor- he went to the doctor for a back injury- and after tests, they found Stage 4 bone cancer. I told her we would be praying. Bless her heart, she is having a very hard time dealing with it. I hate it for her- she is a sweet person. And news such as this at Christmas just makes it worse.