News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I didn't do any cards this year. Frankly I couldn't afford the postage. Next year I'll be on my A game though!

Found out today that my sister and her boyfriend bought a house  :o She has a grad degree and a house. I feel so far behind....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

It is raining here. Again. We have had far too much rain this week.

Bobby take your weather back! I know it came from you, the radar map doesn't lie.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I knew it was raining here this morning before I even looked outside. My knees were aching so bad it actually woke me up.

Only day I work this week. But it's raining 2 days before Christmas so I'm not really sure who is really going to want smoothies.

The Purple Fuzzy

It was sunny & 77* here today. We were supposed to have storms last night but only got a little rain.

Roscoe

We got all kinds of storms. About 6 miles west of me, a tree was blown over onto a house, killing an 18 year old girl....then, it cleared off and was 70 and sunny this evening. Go figure.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

We had one big tornado last night. Everyone at work had to stand around in the bathrooms for a while. No worries, we got paid to stand around.

BOBBY TAKE THIS WEATHER BACK!  :P :roll: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 24, 2015, 01:11:04 PM
We had one big tornado last night. Everyone at work had to stand around in the bathrooms for a while. No worries, we got paid to stand around.

BOBBY TAKE THIS WEATHER BACK!  :P :roll: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
:nono: Negative,ghostrider. We want nothing to do with it. In fact, I think we should blame Mini, since it originally came from his direction. It appears to be beautiful outside. Appears- because I just woke up, at nearly 11 o'clock. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

I'm tired of cooking. From the time I got up, until a few ago I've been baking nonstop. 6 batches of cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing for Christmas gifts. I'm done. Whupped.

Lynx

Family was here, they have gone hence.

*burp*

They will return tomorrow, then go hence again.

*future burps anticipated*

One thing I have to watch over the holidays is grease overload. I eat more vegetables than the average southerner. I can eat a good sausage biscuit with cheese eggs and gravy for breakfast.... but heavy meat and grease for four meals straight (Christmas Eve supper, Christmas morning, Christmas lunch, Christmas supper) is too much for my system.

But when aunt Lisa makes a big pan of homemade lasagna for supper.... sooooooo good! How can I say no?  :-\
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

One food I personally never understood the fuss over.  But then 12 years of my schools "lasagna" once a week that was so bad Garfield the cat would swear off lasagna forever makes me understand why I don't like lasagna.

That and the lasagna incident.  If WWIII starts with the Italians, I'll be able to explain.

*shudder*

Merry Christmas!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

My sister was up yesterday for the traditional Christmas dinner. We also unwrapped presents. Today we are off to husband's families dinner at noon. Here's to sitting out on the porch in the rain.....grumble..... For dinner we are going for lasagna at my mom's. She feels bad that husband has had to eat leftovers for every holiday [thanks Walmart!].

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 25, 2015, 09:55:56 AM
One food I personally never understood the fuss over.  But then 12 years of my schools "lasagna" once a week that was so bad Garfield the cat would swear off lasagna forever makes me understand why I don't like lasagna.

That and the lasagna incident.  If WWIII starts with the Italians, I'll be able to explain.

*shudder*

Merry Christmas!
Being a lover of all things lasagna, if said war is started, it will truly be brother against brother, because I shall be firmly on the side of the Italians, against the communism that is lasagna hating and chocolate gravy hating. :fork:
Walmart's closed today here. In a couple of hours I am going to fire up the grille- in December, maybe there is something to Global Warming- and grill our traditional Christmas steaks. This evening is Christmas at the in-laws, that I am industriously trying to avoid. I may spend the time moving Chey's room and converting her current room into a ham radio haven. And so those of you that are accustomed to staying with us from time to time don't panic, I'll have the guest bed stored and with an hour's notice, it will be set up and ready for you.  :thumbsup2: I'm just tired of not being comfortable in my radio room...

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Before I met you nuts, I didn't think it was possible to dislike lasagna. Meat- check. Flavorful herb spiced sauce- check. Several different kinds of cheese melted in layers- check. And pasta- how could you dislike that?!?
Oh well. Y'all go enjoy your tasteless rice cakes. More cheesy goodness for me. Now, if I could just eat it and not throw away the past 4 months work at losing fat....

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Somewhat successful. I have not gained weight thus far. Still gonna snack a bit before bed though.....:fork:

Heather

I'm with Roscoe. I'm about to go warm up a piece of lasagna for dinner.

Christmas was ended when my mother started yelling at my father, threw a tantrum, then slammed the door to her bedroom. But I wasn't left to tears for once, so I guess that's good?

I'm off for 2 more days and hopefully I get to go to dinner tomorrow with a friend who's in to see her family. She lives in Baltimore now and I haven't been able to see her for about 4 years now.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

::hugs Chel:: safe travels!!!

Can't meet up with Olya until tonight. So it looks like a day of crocheting and Netflix.

Lynx

With my penchant for worrying being concerned about things, I can't imagine the basket case how concerned I would be if a child of mine was always traveling all over the place.

Fuzzy, you are a better parent than I would be.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 26, 2015, 11:56:47 PM
I got a text that they made it safely there.
If they'd took a ham radio, I coulda talked to them.. :pound: South America has been loud here today. In fact, I just talked with a friend in Bogota, Columbia a few minutes ago..

The Purple Fuzzy