News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 24, 2014, 02:08:29 PM
Quote from: Newsman on June 24, 2014, 12:53:49 PM
Meanwhile, a potential elopement of Seth and Jenn apparently had a monkey wrench the size of King Kong throw into it when Seth bolted at the news the Fair Lady of Dallas was going to run off to the sunny tropics with him.

More details as they are made u.... err, become available.

:laughhard:
I blessed John for that. :)

Lynx

I see John is trying to cover his tracks.  But it's too late, I saw the original post too. :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I would just like to thank Jenn for the recommendation of Tye Tribbett's latest album months ago [and not even to me]. But I picked it up. Hadn't really listened to it. It's been playing in my work vehicle A LOT. If not for it, Jesus Culture's latest and Kim Walker-Smith's 'Still Believe' I'm pretty certain I would have killed someone in the past week.

I'm already at 20 hours and I have 3 more full days and half day to go. Thanks for the overtime pay AZ. I'll be doing it all again next week too. We are sooo short handed and now everyone is rotating vacation. [except me. i plan on taking a long weekend over fall break to go see family and friends in Baltimore].
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Did poop and cards today. 

Eating dinner.....

Gotta shut up the fowl and such.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here at work. Taking off on Friday to head to my son's house for a baby shower.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Seth,

Do NOT warn the buffet places in Indiana, but I'm planning on coming thru Indiana in a little over a month, including fairly close to Bloomington. I will expect you to show up and meet me somewhere, anhd we can see how much trouble two of the senior bachelors of Godplace can get into!

Newsman

btw, how close are you to Martinsdale? Or maybe Martinsville :)

MelodyB

Checking in.

I'm alive and well. Working a lot and staying busy with other things when I'm off.

Children's revival this weekend. Yay!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

* MsJennJenn attack hug Melbs

Eating leftover beef tips and rice Sandra.  :freaky2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 26, 2014, 05:32:48 PM
Are they as good as mine? :hypocrite:
Not gonna lie - I don't remember yours...so we're gonna go with yes. haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Quote from: Newsman on June 26, 2014, 02:16:18 PM
btw, how close are you to Martinsdale? Or maybe Martinsville :)

Martinsdale, I wouldn't know if there even is such a place. lol  Martinsville, 45 minutes or so.

Newsman

Roscoe

:hi:
Enjoyed a nice dinner with my lovely wife, then came home and did the budget....too much month at the end of the money, as usual, but at least we ain't at the point of having stuff carried off....
Then I did something I've been meaning to do for several years. Rusty's shiny diamond aluminum running boards have drove me insane, so I sprayed 'em with black rubberized bed liner. Looks MUCH better and more original now. If it holds up, I will be happy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Spray-on bed liner... Would you believe I have sprayed that stuff on the soles of my shoes before? 

Your line about too much month at the end of the money reminds me of a classified ad seen in the paper.  "Guy who gets paid on Tuesday and is usually broke by Friday, looking for a girl who gets paid on Friday and is usually broke by Tuesday."  Don't know if he ever found his girl, but it sounds like it could work.
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Wowser. No one talking... :sadbounce:
My sharing for the day- received a call telling me that the job I had originally applied for had been posted and to put in for it, so I tried that- we'll see what God does....went to town and grocery shopped, went by and visited Mama, whose 70th birthday was today. Somehow, seeing her today  lying in that nursing home bed, not knowing anyone, plus everything else piled up on me today, and I spiraled into one of my bouts of depression that I sometimes struggle with. Spent the day wanting to cry, and finally gave up and called Kim, who went on a hour plus long ride with me in Rusty, and talked me through it.
I feel really sorry for someone who struggles with depression daily and doesn't have God or friends to help them through it. I manage to keep my bouts relatively hidden and simply pull back to myself most often, and thankfully they are infrequent.
And now that I've bared my soul, someone else needs to post. :P

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: It appears to be a beautiful day out. I'll probably wind up on a lawn mower for the majority of it. :smirk: Need to mow the church yard and Bro Clayton's....

Chseeads

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on June 28, 2014, 02:36:21 AM
Wowser. No one talking... :sadbounce:
My sharing for the day- received a call telling me that the job I had originally applied for had been posted and to put in for it, so I tried that- we'll see what God does....went to town and grocery shopped, went by and visited Mama, whose 70th birthday was today. Somehow, seeing her today  lying in that nursing home bed, not knowing anyone, plus everything else piled up on me today, and I spiraled into one of my bouts of depression that I sometimes struggle with. Spent the day wanting to cry, and finally gave up and called Kim, who went on a hour plus long ride with me in Rusty, and talked me through it.
I feel really sorry for someone who struggles with depression daily and doesn't have God or friends to help them through it. I manage to keep my bouts relatively hidden and simply pull back to myself most often, and thankfully they are infrequent.
And now that I've bared my soul, someone else needs to post. :P

I can't seem to enjoy anything about life.  There's always a dark cloud of gloom over it all for me.  Everybody getting old and sick.  Too much to do.  I don't even enjoy the things that I do like, too many troubles with them.  I enjoy being asleep and unconscious where I don't have to think about anything.