News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Do you ship, or just local selling?  I could use some fresh beans.  Maybe ebay?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning...:hi:
Nothing I HAVE to do today...still need to pick up a few of the branches I cut yesterday, though. Had a great time at Bro Papa's last night, although I did get concerned over one conversation overheard-Mosquito #1: "We gonna eat him here?" Mosquito #2: "Nah, let's carry him back to the nest."  They nearly succeeded. :lol: I swear, The FAA should issue tail numbers to those things. They're the size of a Piper Cub around here this year.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Look on the bright side Bro. Bobby, you're not in LA.  They are large enough to require filing flight plans there.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

That would be some expensive beans shipped quick enough to get somewhere before they shriveled up.

Chseeads

This is a day of darkness and malcontent.  I don't have any cottage cheese to eat with my green beans.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Cottage cheese is nasty, unless it is used in place of Ricotta Cheese in lasagna or the like.

I am back at work. I also feel it is a day of darkness and malcontent, because I am at work.  All this week to go, then two days next week...then I get to go sleep on the ground without a/c. Joy,joy. But Punkin wants to camp, so like a good Daddy, camping we shall go...:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I second the motion on cottage cheese.  Yogurt I will eat plain, even plain yogurt.  Sour cream is good.  Cheeses of all kinds (cheddar, havarti, gorgonzola, roka, colby, brie...) I like.  But there is just... just... something WRONG about cottage cheese.  Not sure what, but I don't like it.

Second the motion about lack of enthusiasm for camping as well, but I've already expressed my opinion about that particular activity.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

I lovvvveeeee cottage cheese. Yum.
And cheeses, and sour cream and yogurt.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Icky poo.. spoiled milk is what it is..:lol:

And in sharing- pastor calls today while I'm at work and advises me that he is sick and to do the best I can. So I did, with nearly no study time and much begging of God for a crumb. Felt like I had something....
And I told the church to pray for pastor, unless they wanna be stuck listening to me. Ball's in their court now, I feel no guilt for boring and beating them. :ugly:
Preached on "Preparing for your Miracle" and took as my text 2 Kings 4:1-3... felt like I'd been beat up after twenty minutes of it, and don't know if a single soul other than mysef felt anything but boredom. :smirk: At least I felt delivered.....

MsJennJenn

Did you really only preach 20 minutes? If so, I'd of shouted, regardless of the message.

Since we've gone to one service now on Sunday's (due to new building/sharing old building, no new sanctuary yet long story), it seems as though our Sunday's d r a a a a g g g on. Pastor preaches an hour and twenty sometimes....lawd. Yesterday Senior Pastor preached and he still preached 45 minutes.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes...20-25 minutes.  I'm usually not long winded anyway....30 to 45 minutes I've usually covered all I have to say. And yeah...one service on Sunday is nice,  but it definitely seems to take forever if it is not a shout down service. ..

Lynx

Don't know how y'all make it on one service on Sunday.  I like being at church as much as I can get.  I get to be around some normal people there, as opposed to all the grumbling, gossiping, griping complainers at work.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

It's not by choice. We have to. We don't own the building anymore. But it's the only sanctuary we have.
We had to sell the old building before we could build the sanctuary onto the new building we do own now.

The new building we have - the people who sold it to us, currently have until July like 20th or something to still be in it. Then they have to move out. They're moving their company to Florida or something. But once they're out....we can start construction on the new sanctuary. The new building we bought  has all the classroom/office space we DESPERATELY needed, but no sanctuary. So we're adding that. But it's gonna take 8-12 months supposedly for the new sanctuary to be ready.

So until then - we're stuck sharing our old building with the new church who bought it.
They get it Sunday mornings, and we can't be in until 1pm on Sunday afternoons.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Old church:

New church. The sanctuary will go right there in front.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

One more day by....one more day closer to the weekend. Grilled some dead cow, ate said dead cow, and now feeling like said dead cow. :smirk:
I shall surely have to repent for the sin of gluttoney this night. :sadbounce:

Chseeads

You're all full of the devil on the dislike of cottage cheese.  Cottage cheese is a staple food...though it has to be done correctly....

I do not like cottage cheese with fruit.  That's just not right.

And, I do not like cottage cheese by itself. 

But with meats and vegetables in a regular meal, it brings in a cold element to go with the hot food and is appropriate and needful.  lol 

Lynx

In the words of a world renowned philosopher - Weirdo.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Hey Sethers!! I was the only one who agreed with you!
Gimme some credit!!! :pound:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I agree!!! I just wasn't here in time to say my piece.

I love cottage cheese...BUT, I also like it with fruit, or tomatoes, or by itself. I'm not sure if I would like it the way Seth eats it, as a side to everything, but I might.

Anyway...shoot, now I wanna go get some cottage cheese. I know we have some in there too, but I've eaten my limit for tonight...I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Weirdos.  Eating and praising spoiled milk...smh. At least ya'll will never go hungry. :lol:
I'm back at work, a little ticked off. I'd packed left-overs- steak, grilled corn on the cob, and baked potato for lunch. Then I drove off and left it sitting on the kitchen counter. :pound: Duh.

Lynx

I am so glad to know I'm not the only one who does that.  Thank you Bro. Bobby for sharing that. I feel much better now.
"Do you sing at church?"