News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Our door's open if you want to come over.  We eat at 6-ish.  Don't bring food, we always have leftovers of everything as it is.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I am thankful. Please dont take my rant as unthankfulness.

I have a place to go to pretend I have a loving family. I have friends. I do have love. I have a place to stay, cause even if dad "kicks me out" he cant cause Pastor has the last say so, and he is in charge of who stays and who is kicked out. Im thankful that Allan and I are still friends and get along cause I will be spending the day with him today in the home he lives in. If it had been a bad break up, today would have been miserable and awkward, cause we still share family even though we are not directly related. I have never needed anything in my life. Sure times have been hard sometimes, but Ive always had what I needed, and sometimes not much more. Im blessed.

I have friends who love me and care when I type these rants. I am blessed to have so many friends, both seen and unseen.

God is my help. I wont worry about this trivial stuff and the arguing mess. It wont matter in Heaven. I have to remember that.

I am truly THANKFUL, no matter what happens today.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 28, 2013, 03:32:04 PM
Our door's open if you want to come over.  We eat at 6-ish.  Don't bring food, we always have leftovers of everything as it is.

This is one of those times I wish I had a teleporter machine or something...there are SO MANY places that I know I am welcome and would be loved and treated right. But I just dont have the way to get to them all. LOL

I would take you up on that, if I was closer. Truly.

But I do have plans. Ill have a great day, just as soon as its time to leave this apartment.

For now, I have to go make the frosting for the blueberry torte that I am making. Then get a shower, and hopefully time will go fast and it will be noon and I can leave. Leave mom and dad and their attitudes here.

Heather

Mel, next year hitch a ride with your brother and I will come get you. Even if my car is messed I can always get a car to make it to where they are staying and back. You can come with me and make fun of Brandon's family. Just make sure to dress warm because we always get relegated to the front porch as 50 people do NOT fit in a single wide trailer. Plus it's the only place to breath due to all the smokers. But I promise food and a good time. Or hopefully next year we will have our own place and you can just come stay with us. We'll make new traditions. I LOVE card games and cannot get Brandon to play them with me.  :cool:

I'm kinda bummed Brandon won't let me wear pajamas to dinner. I mean everyone else in his family is too lazy to get dressed. Why should I have to? But also on that note I hope the normal fighting breaks out and I can leave and just go to my pastors house. He's told us that everyone is welcome to their house if they have no where else to go.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

MelodyB:  If we had a teleporter we'd pick up Fuzzy and clan from Texas, Taco and Elona from east of me, Newsman from wherever he is at the moment, and my whole family and dump them on Bobby's house for a really great Thanksgiving day.  Or we'd put everyone here - this house has seen bigger crowds than that before.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

He is currently on the phone to our pastor and called him a liar to his face. Just had a yelling match with him. It was lovely.

God help us.

Lynx

If you didn't have anything at stake in the matter it would be fun to sit back and watch the show...  :updown: It's almost noon though, hang in there!
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

He said when I leave tonight I won't be able to come back in, he is officially kicking me out. I do have keys, but he thinks he can lock me out.

This is gonna be a fun day.

He needs to go lay down before I leave so I can sneak in there and detach the cord from motor of his power chair. But he is watching me like a hawk. I can't try that today. But maybe soon I will. He is being so impossible.

He was slapping me earlier too. I got right in his face a DARED him to slap or hit me in the face, I wanted him to. I would have called the cops so fast.

I would leave. But I have NO MONEY. No car, and no where to go. Sure everyone offers for me to stay with them, and I would, but I can't go anywhere.

The Purple Fuzzy

I have lots of food here, Mel. Teleport this way.

Lynx

Started cooking for today last night, did you?   :fork:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Wow. Sorry, Mel. Your dad sounds bipolar, almost.
We've eaten more than I need to, and had a lovely dinner with just the three of us...I totally agree with Isaac's teleporter idea. Now Lou's off to work, Chey's watching Gilligan's Island DVDs, and I'm browsing around the web. Kim's gonna stop by this evening when she gets off of work for a plate...the rest of my family I have no clue about. apparently they've forgotten me. Their loss, 'cause the wife said I cooked some awesome vittles...:hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Pastor came over and the mess hit the fan. It was crazy.

My parents are officially kicked out of the apartment ASAP. He didn't give them a time limit to be out, but the sooner the better.

Lord I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Lynx

Ask if you might be allowed to stay, while your parents go.  Couldn't hurt to try, right?
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Bobby if you were closer (or if someone would get off the dime and invent the teleporter already) you could catch two Thanksgiving meals.  We're having supper in about 2.5 hours. Potato salad, turkey, a pot of chili, deviled eggs, some kind of cake I heard someone was bringing, fried sweet potatoes... Yum!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 28, 2013, 09:30:21 PM
Bobby if you were closer (or if someone would get off the dime and invent the teleporter already) you could catch two Thanksgiving meals.  We're having supper in about 2.5 hours. Potato salad, turkey, a pot of chili, deviled eggs, some kind of cake I heard someone was bringing, fried sweet potatoes... Yum!
I couldn't eat another bite. :laughhard: At this point, I'm more stuffed than ANY turkey...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Shut up Isaac, shut up Isaac, shut up Isaac, shut...
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 28, 2013, 04:09:01 PM
MelodyB:  If we had a teleporter we'd pick up Fuzzy and clan from Texas, Taco and Elona from east of me, Newsman from wherever he is at the moment, and my whole family and dump them on Bobby's house for a really great Thanksgiving day.  Or we'd put everyone here - this house has seen bigger crowds than that before.

The teleporter not make any stops in Indiana?  :sadbounce:

Heather

Hell must have froze over. Only one of Brandon's relatives had on pajama pants at dinner. And honestly I completely forgave her for it. She works nights at the hospital. She worked last night and had to turn around and go back tonight. Stopped to talk to mom on the way to work [she had to work and I had an hour to burn before I could clock in.] Of course she started right in on her favorite topic. Her hate of pentecostals. Good grief.  :roll: Really? Then she yelled at me for ignoring her. I told her to come up with something new to say and maybe I'd listen. Sheesh.

Just got back from the gym. Work tomorrow and calling the college to see if there is ANY way for me to take my test saturday or sunday so I can still do orientation Tuesday. If I can't go Tuesday the next one is 2 days before classes begin in January and I'm sure my boss would not appreciate me handing in what I can and cannot work....

Mel-my offer stands. Also if the time frame needs to be shortened I can come the 1st weekend of December to steal you.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

I'm not accustomed to you being here Tia.  :P But sure, if someone ever invents a teleporter we can beam you over too.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 29, 2013, 01:47:28 AM
I'm not accustomed to you being here Tia.  :P But sure, if someone ever invents a teleporter we can beam you over too.

That's probably because I quit hanging around the board for about a year

Chseeads

Tended fowl, took mom to the nursing home, went to work, came home, tended cattle and shut up fowl, went to church, came home. 

Eating more of my Thanksgiving chili.

Chseeads

Poopsie, dearest, this may be your chance to move into that van down by the river....

taco_harvell

Had Thanksgiving with our pastor. It was good.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Quote from: taco_harvell on November 29, 2013, 03:51:58 AM
Had Thanksgiving with our pastor. It was good.

Yeah, that.

After the mess this morning, our lunch was good, we laughed and had a great time. I spent the evening with Allan, and then we met with our Aunts and went early Black Friday shopping. The Aunts got a few gifts for people, and Allan got some new jeans, a shirt and an awesome leather jacket...all for under $100.

Came home, Dad didnt lock me out, he locked the door I have a key to, but he failed to lock the other door that there is no key to. The apartment is quiet and dark and so Im in my room now, drying clothes and fixing to go to bed.

Dont know what tomorrow will bring, but we will see.