News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Heather's back, and not so blue, she has less gall in SHARING 482

Started by Lynx, April 09, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I'm against this whole getting up for work thing. Just saying.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Understood.

I need a job, badly. But I will hate the whole getting up and going to work thing too.

I'm awake. Had an ok night. Still coughed a bit. I'm fixing to take my meds and go back to sleep. Dad is up in the kitchen making noise and cooking bacon. Who can sleep when there is bacon cooking? So I may eat a bite of that and save my smoothie recipe for lunch. Lol :fork:

Bacon!

No, Roscoe, I'm not calling your name...sit back down...
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

My God is Jehova Jireh.  Nathan has been working for a church friend building decks since being laid off.

And then guess what happened?  The company called him and others back for what looks like another month of work. 

He has not missed one day of work. 

Jesus knows us. The funeral for Anthony is Friday. Nathan is a p. bearer. There is a burden to minister to not just the family but the rest of the coworkers that will be there.  To not have a job or work for the last few days would've made the emotions and stress harder. God is so good.

Please pray for Nathan please to reach and connect and impact others he'll be interacting with over the next few days. We refuse to think the investment ended with Anthony. There a billion more Anthonies to be reached.

Jeremy your testimonies have been inspiring us for months.

Lynx

Grandma is reading the Bible right now, and for no apparent reason she suddenly said, "Man, in those days they just killed brothers and fathers and mothers and all, didn't they!"  I said, "You must be reading in Chronicles."  I was right.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I'm moving slow but I'm at work.  Can't seem to get going this morning.

Melody

It is crazy foggy here and storms are supposed to be moving in this evening. I hope we don't get hail and tornadoes that they suspect but I'm excited about general thunderstorms. 

Tomato Basil soup with some hearty ham and cheese sandwiches.  Mmmm

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

That sounds really good, MY! Okay, sooo... breakfast at Mel's house, lunch at yours. Who's volunteering to fix us all dinner? :cool:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

I got a big pot of homemade chili and some cornbread (or crackers, or cheese, or other kinds of cheese, or whole wheat sourdough bread, or whatever you want to put in chili.)  Just learned how to make cornbread yesterday.  Can you believe I'd never made it before?
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Try cornbread pancakes.  Take the cornbread batter, pour it on a griddle, and cook it like a pancake.  A little butter on that bad boy and you are in business....

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 17, 2013, 02:25:59 PM
Jeremy your testimonies have been inspiring us for months.

Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Yeah, them's hoecakes.  Cornbread fried like pancakes = hoecakes.  Or corn cakes. 

Some people try to put canned creamstyle corn in corn cakes.  Canned creamstyle corn is an abomination that should be kept out of everything, including anything in my plate.  It should be kept in its can, preferably buried in a sea trench somewhere.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I was just about to post that we call those hoecakes. Then Isaac beat me to it.

My grandpa made the BEST hoecakes! Thin and perfect, sometimes a wee bit burnt around the edge. Wow. My mouth is watering. :drool:

He could make cornbread too, but his hoecakes are what we all wanted. He didn't put in any kind of corn either. In fact we don't put corn in any cornbread of any kind. The cornmeal is enough.

mini

Apparently they are called Johnnycake's (also jonnycake, johnny cake, journey cake, shawnee cake and johnny bread) and hoecakes.

From Wikipedia:

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the term hoecake first occurs in 1745, and the term is used by American writers such as Joel Barlow and Washington Irving.[12] The origin of the name is the method of preparation: field hands often cooked it on a shovel or hoe held to an open flame. Hoes designed for cotton fields were large and flat with a hole for the long handle to slide through; the blade would be removed and placed over a fire much like a griddle.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

You never know what you are gonna learn in the sharing thread from day to day.

Lynx

I learned stilton cheese is pretty good.  Much milder than most blue cheeses.  Almost like a creamy cheddar.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I learned there was something called a hoecake.  Which if I had said that to my mom, I would have gotten slapped back into prehistoric times.

Melody

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 17, 2013, 08:00:47 PM
I learned there was something called a hoecake.  Which if I had said that to my mom, I would have gotten slapped back into prehistoric times.

That.  Lol. I'm glad to know there is legit explanation for it.

Lynx

Uh... huh?  What does a hoecake have to do with getting slapped? 
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 17, 2013, 08:04:17 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on April 17, 2013, 08:00:47 PM

That.  Lol. I'm glad to know there is legit explanation for it.

When I first read it, I thought "Thats what George called the floozy he went to prom with back in 1996...you know, George disappeared that night."

mini

Lynx

Never mind, your post about the floozy cleared it up.  "Hoecake" predates that usage though, so it was here first!  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Hoecakes!?!?! So you can say hoecakes on GP!!

I feel horrible. First day back to work. Poor Dr B brought me one of the doctors office chairs up front to sit in. I didn't not think I'd be this sore my first day back. My belly and my back hate me. There is a heating pad and Lortab with my name on it this evening. I messaged Sister Ketron and she said she'd ask prayer for me and to go home.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali