News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We are Thankful as can be in Sharing # 473

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 20, 2012, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 25, 2012, 04:02:32 PM
* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Roscoe

Squeeze the pooty out of him.  :hypocrite:

w2cch.

Need some Xanax.

MelodyB

I could get you some Lortab. But we don't have Xanax.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

well new church was interesting but i couldn't stay the entire service. headache was so bad i got home and slept the past 3 hours. ugh.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Bummer.  Rotten timing.   :-\

If that happens next time you go, walk up to the front and request prayer for it.  That's what we do at my church.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Nathan's been fighting a headache off and on for a few days now.  No fun at all.

No one may remember me asking for prayer for my uncle who had left his church and then I learned it was in seeking for something more from God and not rebellion or craziness.  Things have been tense between him and his sister, my aunt who goes to said church.  Abstractly, it's all very interesting.  Both "sides" can be right and wrong.  My uncle could have left under approval of God but still is vulnerable to develope a bitter spirit, ruining the whole precedent for leaving.  He could have left preemptively but seeking God with such integrity that it causes it to work out by grace.  My aunt and her husband, (not saying uncle again, so as not to confuse yas... lol) could have a wrong perspective on my uncle leaving but show grace and such a great testimony that our extended backslidden family so desperately needs to see.  Or be ok with him leaving but kind of cut him off persay.   There is humanity in it all and so it can be complicated. 

Thus far both families have expressed tension to me.  However, Thanksgiving was Peaceful!  It was a good visit and I'm so excited at the potential of this maturity.  For them and for the future of many family members watching how it plays out. 

Chseeads

Went to church at Sanders.

Left there and went to church at Soul's Harbor.

Came home.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

If he's making the rounds, I'll take care of making the squares.

What, haven't you heard?  It's hip to be a square.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MsJennJenn

Must be the day of headaches. I've been fighting one since about 2:30pm. Got worse, got a little better, got real worse again towards end of the preaching, got better when I had to sing for alter call. Now it's slight but ok.

Fav mini post this week about Heather darlin! Really would love for melbs, Chel and heather to all come down and stay in my new apartment soon!!!!!

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Am I am random people?! *waves back*

My head is thumping now too. Been that way for a few hours.

I would LOVE to come visit, Jenn. But as with everything else...time and money. :smirk2: Doesn't look so promising getting to OR for Christmas this year either. *shrug*

Feeling a bit down tonight. I'm still in some pain. Can't be helped. Dad won't let me go to the dr I'm supposed to follow up with cause the first visit is $150.00 and then they would have to drain the cyst on another visit, and no telling how much that would cost. So I'll just deal with it until it ruptures and I get put in the hospital. Then what? Sheesh.

Plus we are supposed to go to the house tomorrow and work there. That always puts me in a great mood. :roll:

I'm over it. I honestly just want to go to sleep and not wake up some days. Too much stuff is riding on me day in and day out and I'm just done. I dont care anymore.

At least at the moment I don't. Doesn't seem to be getting any better at all and I just feel DONE.

Anyway. Sorry for a mini-rant. Just being honest tonight. I'm tired of hiding behind smiles. Some days I just CAN'T.

:hi:

SippinTea

Mel, considering you have no (paying) job, and considering your house was flooded out, and considering all the other stuffs going on this year for you... wouldn't you be able to easily get on your state health plan, where you wouldn't have to pay ANYthing? Then your dad couldn't squawk about the money, and I wouldn't have to worry about you getting hospitalized. :-\ (And yes, you're a random people.) ;)

Someone at church (who hasn't been there but a few occasional services lately FINALLY "noticed" I'm pregnant. :roll: No, really?!? I'm big as a barn, people (never mind the waddle), and you're just NOW noticing?? Wow. *lol* I couldn't help but laugh. People are funny.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

MelodyB

Prolly not. I am a dependent of Dads, and both he and mom get a check. His for Disability and she gets a Social Security check. We were unable to file for any kind of government assistance because they make too much money for three adults. So no section 8, no welfare, no health (except dads is fully covered) and mom and dad can't get foodstamps. I get $200 for myself since I am unemployed, but I can't claim them cause they have a source of income.

I could go have a couple of children and get some assistance I suppose. :smirk2:

And speaking of...preggy pics would be nice before you actually have this baby! :P

Lynx

SippinTea:  I would be that guy.  If you were listening to a good song I would notice it.  If you had a new laptop I would ask how much RAM it has.  If it's something that doesn't fall in my field of expertise, I wouldn't notice it until... uh... probably until someone else mentions it.

Grandma put a painting in my office at church, on the wall right by the monitor.  I didn't notice it until the pastor's son mentioned it.  Well, how was I supposed to notice it?  It didn't have even a single microchip! :P
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Okay, so I'm not seriously big as a barn. It's just that with how short I am, those 16 pounds or so really do show. However........ I just posted a family pic on FB. And delightfully, I managed to NOT look hugely pregnant for the photos. *lol* (Chris's mom has been asking for a photo so she can see how big the boys are getting, and I've been dragging my feet for months. All four of us HATE getting our picture taken. So I decided rather than make it a huge production, I'd just take my camera to church one Sunday and have mom snap a few.) Photos with this family are INSANE. Chris is forever talking in the middle of the picture being taken, Sean doesn't like his smile (so grimaces/smirks instead), and Jason loves being ornery and giving bunny ears or making squinty faces. *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

*LOL* Oh well. Memories in the making, right? ;)

MelodyB

You!? Dragging your feet on pictures?! NO WAY! I would have NEVER noticed!

*HUGE EYEROLL*

*cough*

You say y'all have been in that house a year and a half...hmmm.

*coughsputterchoke*

Ok...carry on.

Lynx

Oh yeah, pics... that reminds me, it was finally cold enough to justify wearing my tan cape.  And it WAS warm.  And I did get pics, but I'm going to have to edit my ugly mug out of them first.  I TOLD her to leave my face out of it...
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Believe it or not... I plan to take those pictures right away. ;) Now that it actually is starting to look like a HOME (as in, proper furniture and art on the walls) I was planning to take some next week for you. But if you're going to be THAT way about it!.... *glare*

;)

Hurray for capes, Isaac! I'll look forward to seeing those pics. :)

MelodyB

Seeing is believing. :hypocrite:

And thanks to you and Jenn, I have managed a few smiles, and on that note, I'm going to bed.

Goodnight my people.

Chseeads

taco_harvell

To insure this day off is better than the last I think I will go back to bed.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on November 26, 2012, 07:34:39 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 26, 2012, 03:58:17 AM
Making the rounds, huh?

Yes, church hopping.
You "holier than thou"  nut. What's the matter, no one strict enough?  :P
Morning all. thanks for the prayers and hugs. Feel much better today. Back at work.  :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8parxJtkc

Have any of you tried this?  It's a recipe for how to get whites white again.  I think I'm going to try it but I'm out of borax so I have to get around to getting some.

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/04/miracle-laundry-whitening-solution.html

The Purple Fuzzy